Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I did not make your point, I destroyed it. Unless you think $100,000 per year is poverty life.

This doesn't even mention the fact that 1) You don't support 5 people for 100 years straight and 2) Your job income.

With 10 million dollars, you are literally upper class for life unless you are stupid with your money.
    It shows how little you know. $100k a year is still part of the 99%. It isn't a lot of money and you thinking you DESTROYED my point is hilarious. Try harder troll.

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-10-20 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    It shows how little you know. $100k a year is still part of the 99%. It isn't a lot of money and you thinking you DESTROYED my point is hilarious. Try harder troll.
    ...Your definition of upper class simply isn't accurate. "The 1%" does not constitute upper class. You don't need to be in the 1% to be upper class.

You calling me a troll is both 1) against the rules and 2) ironic.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Jonnusthegreat
    LOL again. It isn't upper class... it is middle class.

http://money.cnn.com/interactive/eco...ss-calculator/

Los Angeles County, California
    Riverside County, California
    Dallas County, Texas
    Orange County, Florida
    Lincoln County, Nebraska

In some of those that is ~5-10k above middle class. In most larger counties you in the upper echelon of middle class society. A well groomed peasant is still a peasant. I am a peasant.

Ironically it only takes $200k+ to be considered part of the 1% and I'm not sure I would even consider $200k yearly income to be "RICH". That's like both mommy and daddy are doctors.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-10-20 at 11:32 PM.

@Jonnusthegreat
    LOL again. It isn't upper class... it is middle class.

http://money.cnn.com/interactive/eco...ss-calculator/

Los Angeles County, California
    Riverside County, California
    Dallas County, Texas
    Orange County, Florida
    Lincoln County, Nebraska
    Move to a different county. Problem solved. You seem to have a lot of obstacles preventing you from enjoying your life and allowing others to enjoy theirs.

Also, get a job that pays more than $2 per hour and gratz, upper class in LA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Move to a different county. Problem solved. You seem to have a lot of obstacles preventing you from enjoying your life and allowing others to enjoy theirs.

Also, get a job that pays more than $2 per hour and gratz, upper class in LA.
    Translation: I like to ignore facts.

“There are two ways to be [a fool]. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”

$100k/2080(40 hours a week X 52 weeks in a years) = $48/hour which is hardly $2. Continue to present your hyperboles. I love math!

I can't think of a poorer place to live than Detroit Michigan, (Wayne County) and even there 100k is less than 20k above the range that is considered "middle class".
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-10-20 at 11:42 PM.

Translation: I like to ignore facts.

“There are two ways to be [a fool]. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
    After I just destroyed your argument again, are you now conceding to describing yourself?

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-10-21 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After I just destroyed your argument again, are you now conceding to describing yourself?
    Which is the "more than 10 characters" equivalent to "No you!"

More trolling. You finished yet?
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-10-20 at 11:44 PM.

More trolling. You finished yet?
    If you are going to admit to more trolling, yes, I am finished with you. I'll move on to better discussion. Thanks for your time.

how can you waste $10 million and be broke i do not understand

- - - Updated - - -

if i had 10 million id be able to retire and live the rest of my life in luxury.
    Invest 5 mill, have 5 mill for fun, how hard is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Not on the amount. If you build a palace on a wrecked hill, you are taxed as owner of said hill, not owner of a palace. Cars are taxed on its engine volume and if it meets pollution regulations, you pay less.

for real results: Lamborghini Aventador ( 6498 cm³ V12 engine) is taxed ~714 € /year and much more worth than 300k
    Really? is that low?
    In Greece it's would be more than 2000€ per year

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Why do you have to live a upper class lifestyle at all? I'd be just as happy in a 150k-200k house as I would be in a million dollar mansion. I don't need 20 cars from the 1960s or with 1000 horse power.
    With that kind of money, I'd still go for a modest house... but in a prime location. Having woods outside, preferably with squirrels and songbirds, would be great for the kids. Now those locations do cost a lot. Well, unless you actually move to the neck of the woods somewhere.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steventran1993 View Post
    if i had 10 million id be able to retire and live the rest of my life in luxury.
    Invest 5 mill, have 5 mill for fun, how hard is that?
    That's what you tell yourself now from your current life context. When you get that kind of money, your entire context changes and suddenly things are quite as simple as you thought they would be.

play stupid games win stupid prizes

- - - Updated - - -

real talk man

- - - Updated - - -

so hot man wow

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not make your point, I destroyed it. Unless you think $100,000 per year is poverty life.

This doesn't even mention the fact that 1) You don't support 5 people for 100 years straight and 2) Your job income.

With 10 million dollars, you are literally upper class for life unless you are stupid with your money.
    True that. If you have 10 million dollars in banks, then your interest (depending on the rate) can be as high as 200,000 dollars a month. Most Americans could live off of that easily with a lot left over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    True that. If you have 10 million dollars in banks, then your interest (depending on the rate) can be as high as 200,000 dollars a month. Most Americans could live off of that easily with a lot left over.
    If you were to win a $10 million lottery it would likely be 10 mil in annuity after 20 years. If you take the lump sum, after taxes its more like around $4 million which you could bank. And interest on that isn't likely to be higher than 1%, if you're lucky to get that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If you were to win a $10 million lottery it would likely be 10 mil in annuity after 20 years. If you take the lump sum, after taxes its more like around $4 million which you could bank. And interest on that isn't likely to be higher than 1%, if you're lucky to get that much.
    That's nice, but I wasn't talking about winning $10 million in a lottery. I was talking about having $10 million dollars.