Deleted

what itemlvl upg over Vers/Mast ?

So, As the title says,

How much of a itemlvl upgrade would you sacrifice a item with the right stats? in my situation, mast/vers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinftw92 View Post
    So, As the title says,

How much of a itemlvl upgrade would you sacrifice a item with the right stats? in my situation, mast/vers
    depends completely on the stats..I replaced an 890 ring with the 835 demora of amore w/e simply because it has that huge amount of mastery. For pieces with Str on it its a bit different because the Str helps your dps of course. So just do a SimC and find out your stat weights, after that it is pretty simple to see when a piece is an upgrade with either the Pawn addon or a nifty calculator

This last weekend I focused a lot on changing my gear to focus on more vers as I had a lot of high level gear that had crit/mastery. I dropped around 5 ilvl overall but it made more effective in the mythic+ dungeons. Now I can focus on items that will be higher ilvl and that will give me what I need for stats rather than just hunting ilvl.

I am still replacing items as as I have a few that are still lurking and I have been struggling to replace.

Anyone else baffled that he could mean either Prot or Arms?

caution, this is pure feelings - nothing simmed or theorycrafted just how i handle it atm.
    use items >
    if vers/crit at about 10ilvl
    if mastery/haste at about 10ilvl
    if haste or mastery/crit probably at 30ilvl diff~ but i think even then i would wait for better rolled stuff
    thats mainly for mythic+ gear, in EN the gear will shift more and more towards mastery/haste the higher you go in ilvl or you were lucky with mythic+ vers drops

there is no general rule, most people forget just how important stre actually is. The easiest thing to do is to sim your character with stat scaling. If you dont know how, Just google it.
    Download an addon called Pawn.
    Use the pawn string you get from the simulation straight into the pawn addon (ingame)
    now whenever you get a new drop. you can see if its an upgrade or not.

Deleted
    I have been stuck at 848 ilvl, as gear I got had less or no mastery on it :|
    Basicly mastery is 1.3 pr point where strengh is 1. Do the math vers and haste are close to equal, with crit being shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Retributive View Post
    Anyone else baffled that he could mean either Prot or Arms?
    Yeah, seriously...

OP, try some Haste.