Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sword of light removed on PTR

Did anybody else notice this? Its' gone from the spell book completely, also all tooltips are showing less damage to support this, but there was never any patch notes about it, that's one hell of a a stealth nerf if they removed our" tuning knob" from the game.
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Deleted
    I actually did read about it on some patch notes for the PTR. I doubt that they will allow to make it go live like that or else the damage of RETs is pretty much gimped by a significant amount!

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been on the PTR but that's hell of a nerf.

O_o
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I hope this won't go live or our dmg will just plummet >.<, as long as there are not blue posts yet, we are safe... "fingers crossed"

This is just too sad..

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I hope this won't go live or our dmg will just plummet >.<, as long as there are not blue posts yet, we are safe... "fingers crossed"
    if it's the last PTR version it will go live, blue post or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nir View Post
    This is just too sad..

if it's the last PTR version it will go live, blue post or not.
    but i don't see the reason behind it >.<, i mean i am not a Game Designer but with 7.1 crusader nerfs, our ST will go down already...why sword nerf? This is very uncalled for, i just dont see logic behind it...is it a pay back for Ret going to Blizzcon for the 1st time in WoW history? >.<

Deleted
    I don't see a point to removing it unless they plan to buff things across the board.

In other news; Fire mages are getting buffed.

Jokes aside. I hope they buff ret in some other way just like Nemmar said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I don't see a point to removing it unless they plan to buff things across the board.
    with the new crusade they have 2 things to do: First of all buff the new crusade hard so its usefull and moreover they have to buff everyother ability to compansate the SoL removal and the Crusade nerf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    The answer is: mastery top stat

unless the mastery is changed.. our mastery is shite..

it fluctuaded a lot from 10% to 30% in the past. since legion its only 5%.

i myself think it woul have been better to push it to 15% again.
    but removing it from 5% does not do much.
    i just hope they will push damage in another way.

Why is Ret getting nerfed so fucking hard anyway? Yeah we do good dps but first dps neutral Crusade, and now 5% blanket nerf. Le sigh.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Yea, hopefully they'll merge that 5% into something else. Aside from the 5% that passive is basically useless anyway, I mean its not like we have an option to use anything other than a 2H weapon.

Ret is actually a bottom tier raiding pick. The only specs that are lower are of classes who all have specs that outperform as - in other words, nobody that would need to care about it is actually doing less damage. Only the gimps place lower than ret!

Of course, it's always best to scream and panic before we actually know what's coming to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    Of course, it's always best to scream and panic before we actually know what's coming to live.
    Yeah, because it never happened before...
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

boys its a payback for Ret going to Blizzcon, gotta nerf Ret's dmg cuz we cant have Ret going Blizzcon

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    And then shrug when it actually goes live? The PTR is for feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    And then shrug when it actually goes live? The PTR is for feedback.
    Absolutely. Feedback is good. I'll wait for the patch notes to actually panic.