Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Last Night I picked up Tarnished Sentinel Medallion and The Deceiver's Grand Design. I was wondering if either of these are upgrade over DCM: Promises and 900 Perfectly Preserved Cake.

DMC; Do you need the mana? If yes, then no.
    Cake; Deceivers will do far more if you can put it on targets that won't get gibbed instantly. Sentinel medallion is just for DPS purposes (it will boost healing slightly through atonement during the uptime, but it has negative synergy with disc; You need to put atonements out during the duration to gain healing from it, but each atonement you put out is one less spell that could hit the boss and trigger the additional attack).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    DMC; Do you need the mana? If yes, then no.
    Cake; Deceivers will do far more if you can put it on targets that won't get gibbed instantly. Sentinel medallion is just for DPS purposes (it will boost healing slightly through atonement during the uptime, but it has negative synergy with disc; You need to put atonements out during the duration to gain healing from it, but each atonement you put out is one less spell that could hit the boss and trigger the additional attack).
    Ok, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    Ok, thanks for the info.
    Yes, cheers.

Last Night I picked up Tarnished Sentinel Medallion and The Deceiver's Grand Design. I was wondering if either of these are upgrade over DCM: Promises and 900 Perfectly Preserved Cake.

Wanted to chime in here, first of, my thoughts and prayers are with you for your lack of velen's. That said the sentinel medallion is actually listed as one of the best trinkets for disc right now. This is most likely targeting mythic players, but sentinel's is used over promises. I don't know the ilvl difference (i.e. if a 915 owl > 900 promises or if owl > promises always (if it was a 900 owl)), but since you lack velen's anyway I would suggest using both owl and promises.

A scenario where I would use Deceiver's as disc would just be if tank healing wasn't up to par. It isn't really out niche at all, but it can help. Since you don't have velen's hogging a spot, you should try promises + owl trinket, and occasionally consider putting in deceiver's (over owl) if the tank healing is really, really bad (or in m+ which makes more "sense").

As for why to hold onto promises and not run Deceiver's + owl, would be that promises gives a lot of flexibility in our rotation, in that you could over extend yourself and actually recover from it, if you're very comfortable with your mana, and you're already taking mindbender, you could try it though.

For specific ways or instances to use the owl trinket, I'd check in on the focusedwill discord conversations, definitely don't be afraid to ask about it. Link is on focusedwill.com

Cheers!
    Daft Punk Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by arizonapriest93 View Post
    Wanted to chime in here, first of, my thoughts and prayers are with you for your lack of velen's. That said the sentinel medallion is actually listed as one of the best trinkets for disc right now. This is most likely targeting mythic players, but sentinel's is used over promises. I don't know the ilvl difference (i.e. if a 915 owl > 900 promises or if owl > promises always (if it was a 900 owl)), but since you lack velen's anyway I would suggest using both owl and promises.

A scenario where I would use Deceiver's as disc would just be if tank healing wasn't up to par. It isn't really out niche at all, but it can help. Since you don't have velen's hogging a spot, you should try promises + owl trinket, and occasionally consider putting in deceiver's (over owl) if the tank healing is really, really bad (or in m+ which makes more "sense").

As for why to hold onto promises and not run Deceiver's + owl, would be that promises gives a lot of flexibility in our rotation, in that you could over extend yourself and actually recover from it, if you're very comfortable with your mana, and you're already taking mindbender, you could try it though.

For specific ways or instances to use the owl trinket, I'd check in on the focusedwill discord conversations, definitely don't be afraid to ask about it. Link is on focusedwill.com

Cheers!
    Thanks for the info. I'm kinda treating my DMC as a security blanket right now. I need to test how I do with out it but tbh I know I waste a lot of mana. I'm still new to healing in general. This week I ran DMC and Medallion and I was pretty happy with the results. I'm still learning and trying to get better at timing my bursts but medallion worked well when I did the burst right. No velen's yet I run high priest ring and pradz neck, hopefully Velen's will come in time.

Thanks for the info. I'm kinda treating my DMC as a security blanket right now. I need to test how I do with out it but tbh I know I waste a lot of mana. I'm still new to healing in general. This week I ran DMC and Medallion and I was pretty happy with the results. I'm still learning and trying to get better at timing my bursts but medallion worked well when I did the burst right. No velen's yet I run high priest ring and pradz neck, hopefully Velen's will come in time.
    Totally, and those are at least the 2nd/3rd best so that doesn't suck as much (even if velen's is god mode). Good luck mastering it all!
    Daft Punk Forever!

Mana should really be all that much of an issue anymore I'm fairly med low geared at 913 ilvl doing heroics with 20 ish people usually 3 healers and for me mana is only an issue when I'm carelessly dps tunnelling, I switched to Sea Star of the Depthmother and Deceiver's Grand Design about a week ago both are decent trinkets vs the others in this tier, also deceiver's shouldn't be underestimated a 2mil shield proc per trinket which stacks is insanely good for giving healers time to react. Like at that point on Sisters heroic solo tanking where the tank is being chunked and about to die painfully, this trinket can help them live a bit longer.
    Last edited by CoolNitro; 2017-07-23 at 05:29 AM.

All right I take back what I said about mana not being an issue, I had an unfortunate day where there wasn't enough pallies for a wisdom on all healers and none on me, I seriously felt the lack of mana and was forced to use the DMC trinket to have any hope of reaching the end of a fight without running dry. I guess I took for granted the abnormal amount of pallies we usually have in the raid sometimes enough for 2 wisdoms, that paired with our reduced mana hunger from last tier meant I was overflowing with mana without properly taking into account external buffs.

How is Barbaric Mindslaver? Got one 920 with leech, but the proc only accounts for 2% of my healing, give or take 1%. Is the passive int gain and the leech going to be worth it over a 905 Flask or a 900 owl trinket?

I've been away a while and Im just now catching up on getting to AK level 40, which might take a while. With that in mind, is it better to go for the the 7.2 artifact traits first or go back and max out some of the better old traits to 4/4 first?

Whichever I choose to do second looks like it might take a really long time to do, if I ever even get around to it. So Im looking for the best immediate boost.
    Last edited by Zombina; Yesterday at 04:02 PM.