Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I need a macro for plea and shield in order to use them on the same bind , whats the best i can do? im out of keybinds
    Code:
    /castrandom Power Word: Shield, Plea

Guaranteed to cast either Power Word: Shield or Plea when you press it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    Use the link in the guide itself. Looks like when I quoted it just formatted it over without keeping the actual hyperlink for some reason.
    Yea sweet as. Thanks

I need a macro for plea and shield in order to use them on the same bind , whats the best i can do? im out of keybinds
    How are you out of keybinds? You can get like 40 of the damn things
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

I'd like to mention quickly that there is no longer any dungeon weights. Raid weights can now be used for both raiding and M+ since the stat priority is best for both after the recent change to the weights.

Again, just as a disclaimer, stat weights aren't 100% accurate, ever. They are meant to be a guideline for gearing only.

Raid weights were calculated not taking into account the 12% base Mastery. Updated the weights to be more accurate:

7.1.5 PTR is coming with secondary stat changes. This is all subject to change since it is, well, the PTR:

New ratings required to get 1% of each stat for Disc:
    Crit 350 -> 400
    Haste 325 -> 375
    Mastery 233 -> 266
    Vers 400 -> 475

This means weights will change again, but waiting to see what the final updates are on the 7.1.5 PTR.

Question, are these updated stat weights applicable to live (Dec 6th), or are they in anticipation of the 7.1.5 changes?

I'd like to mention quickly that there is no longer any dungeon weights. Raid weights can now be used for both raiding and M+ since the stat priority is best for both after the recent change to the weights.
    How does that make any kind of sense? Surely mastery continues to be much worse in dungeons than in raids, since the proportion of healing done through atonement is much lower in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    How does that make any kind of sense? Surely mastery continues to be much worse in dungeons than in raids, since the proportion of healing done through atonement is much lower in dungeons.
    Because the stat priority is the same after the change. Atonement healing is still a major part of your healing in M+ content and Mastery shouldn't be completely avoided.

Just remember, as the disclaimer for the weights says: use these as a guideline. Weights are never 100% accurate so I'd err on the side of what you feel works best for you. Personally, I use Atonement healing substantially in addition to Shadow Mending in M+ content, but some others may use Shadow Mend more frequently (if that is the case, run less Mastery and focus on Crit).

Again, just as a disclaimer, stat weights aren't 100% accurate, ever. They are meant to be a guideline for gearing only.
    Won't Int still pull ahead of haste in dungeons though? Because of the high Shadow mend usage? I still use a lot of Atonement, but the scaling of SM with int can't be ignored when we're having to tank and spot heal regularly

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, can someone please answer my question about mastery scaling on the previous page, it's doing my head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    Won't Int still pull ahead of haste in dungeons though? Because of the high Shadow mend usage? I still use a lot of Atonement, but the scaling of SM with int can't be ignored when we're having to tank and spot heal regularly

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, can someone please answer my question about mastery scaling on the previous page, it's doing my head in.
    Stat weights are ultimately based on your current stats, and for most disc priests their mastery stat is probably 2nd or 3rd highest - haste/versatility gear(or versatility gear in general) has much lower availability compared to haste/mastery or haste/crit.

Moral of the story? If you really want to know your own stat weights, don't blindly lift off guides, calculate them yourself. Stat/pawn weights that people in the know throw around are ultimately just to keep the masses placated, because if you told them the truth of the issue there would be a resulting shitstorm of denial and ignorance and having to waste time and energy arguing how increasing one stat adds to the value of another.

P.S. Versatility is currently weighted twice higher than mastery for my current character.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-12-07 at 11:10 AM. Reason: less confusing
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Stat weights are ultimately based on your current stats, and for most disc priests their mastery stat is probably 2nd or 3rd highest - haste/versatility gear(or versatility gear in general) has much lower availability compared to haste/mastery or haste/crit.

Moral of the story? If you really want to know your own stat weights, don't blindly lift off guides, calculate them yourself. Stat/pawn weights that people in the know throw around are ultimately just to keep the masses placated, because if you told them the truth of the issue there would be a resulting shitstorm of denial and ignorance and having to waste time and energy arguing how increasing one stat adds to the value of another.

P.S. Versatility is currently weighted twice higher than mastery for my current character.
    Yeah, I know this, I get how stat weights are multivariable calculus, what I don't understand is how the value of mastery is supposed to increase with the average number of atonements.

- - - Updated - - -

Also - back to 6 seconds on the 4pc and up to a 40% increase on the 2pc...
    6 seconds is real nice, the 40% still won't help enormously but at least it's better than 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    Yeah, I know this, I get how stat weights are multivariable calculus, what I don't understand is how the value of mastery is supposed to increase with the average number of atonements.

- - - Updated - - -

Also - back to 6 seconds on the 4pc and up to a 40% increase on the 2pc...
    6 seconds is real nice, the 40% still won't help enormously but at least it's better than 20%
    That's because as you get better at predicting, timing your heals and fitting in more burst windows, your atonement healing as a proportion of your total healing will go up significantly. Adding more mastery also increases that.

Now, the value of mastery is tied to how many atonements you put out, because the less atonements you put out, the more healing you do via direct healing(see dragons of nightmare versus most other encounters for example, when the maximal number of atonements you can have is much lower than usual).
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Guys any tips for mythic dragons? my guild wants me as disc in this fight but im not sure if i play correctly.

Deleted
    Guys any tips for mythic dragons? my guild wants me as disc in this fight but im not sure if i play correctly.
    I'm usually on portal duty on dragons, since I can dps the mobs (going with 3 other dps). For portal duty it's basically like 5 man playing, taking mindbender/powerinfusion.

Blizz pls.

Don't buff the shitty set bonus, give us something different.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

Blizz pls.

Don't buff the shitty set bonus, give us something different.
    Is it actually that bad?
    I think it is an interesting idea because it gives PW:S some reactive healing potential back, true it won't incease our maximum healing output in most cases because it only has an effect when PW:S is "wasted" to stabilize some player who dropped low and might or might not take damage that could kill them shortly.

Back before everyone started to rate each spellcast by how it will look on the meters later it was common to throw around shields "just in case" when someone dropped low. This bonus makes it so that such an action is beneficial whether they take damage or not, and especially if we know they will take damage again soon.

Thus I do not think it is a bad bonus, it has the potential to change the way we use our spells without being overpowered -- that is how set bonuses should be.
    Now the two questions are: How well does it work with the upcoming encounters and are we balanced properly when we get this one and others get their own ones?
    To answer those we need to do some tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Is it actually that bad?
    I think it is an interesting idea because it gives PW:S some reactive healing potential back, true it won't incease our maximum healing output in most cases because it only has an effect when PW:S is "wasted" to stabilize some player who dropped low and might or might not take damage that could kill them shortly.

Back before everyone started to rate each spellcast by how it will look on the meters later it was common to throw around shields "just in case" when someone dropped low. This bonus makes it so that such an action is beneficial whether they take damage or not, and especially if we know they will take damage again soon.

Thus I do not think it is a bad bonus, it has the potential to change the way we use our spells without being overpowered -- that is how set bonuses should be.
    Now the two questions are: How well does it work with the upcoming encounters and are we balanced properly when we get this one and others get their own ones?
    What this does is to boost in power a second playstyle for PWS - the "reactive" one. Right now especially with Shield Discipline PWS isn't used reactively, it's used mechanically on cooldown since it's such a high-priority spell. But now at least a certain segment of raid and dungeon Discs will hold off on using PWS until a player drops low, then PWS them and either atonement heal them or shadowmend them. They'll argue that they save lives doing that while the mechanical school argues that their HPS is boosted by using it on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    What this does is to boost in power a second playstyle for PWS - the "reactive" one. Right now especially with Shield Discipline PWS isn't used reactively, it's used mechanically on cooldown since it's such a high-priority spell. But now at least a certain segment of raid and dungeon Discs will hold off on using PWS until a player drops low, then PWS them and either atonement heal them or shadowmend them. They'll argue that they save lives doing that while the mechanical school argues that their HPS is boosted by using it on CD.
    Oh, let me teach you how to play this reactive disc spec - swap to holy priest.

Hint: PW:S was always cast on cd even before swapping over to SD.

So say I smite and it does 100k "raw" damage (that is, ignoring stuff that doesn't count towards atonement, like artifact level increases).
    With baseline mastery, 44.95% of that gets transferred to each atonement.
    With 1 atonement the smite heals for 44.95k, with two it heals for 89.9k, with 5 it heals for 224.75k, with 15 it heals for 674.25k

Now, with 350 mastery from gear, our atonement transfer is increased to 45.51%
    thus 1 atonement the smite heals for 45.51k, with two it heals for 91.02k, with 5 it heals for 227.55k, with 15 it heals for 682.65k

Alternatively, with 350 vers from gear, out total healing is increased by 0.875%
    so 1 atonement, the smite heals for 45.34k, with two it heals for 90.68k, with 5 it heals for 226.71k, with 15 it heals for 680.15k

Or 350 crit from gear, which is 1% crit chance, our total *average* healing increases by 1%
    so 1 atonement, the smite heals for 45.40k, with two it heals for 90.8k, with 5 it heals for 227.0k, with 15 it heals for 681.0k

So, I guess I've answered my own question here, Atonement healing does actually scale better with mastery than vers, but it's actually independent of the atonement count it seems. That was where I was confused, because I couldn't see how a higher average atonement count could affect the scaling of mastery. And it doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Also can someone help me out here, i was about to try to work out what my personal stat weight's were, but I ran into problems just trying to calculate my smite damage:
    I have 36271 int/spellpower, 4.58% versatility, and 34 artifact traits.

My smite is hitting for 117777

I'm getting 2.25*36271*1.15*1.17*1.0458 = 114835

Where's the extra damage coming from? I don't think I've missed anything, i've got my vers, my artifact level (0.5% per trait = 17%), Invoke the Light, i'm not casting it with any atonements (so no sins damage), I don't have ToF specced, or the PvP talent Searing light...

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Is it actually that bad?

The problem is that PWS is so small that it gets chewed through rather quickly.

This set bonus will only provide benefit on someone who is not taking any damage. And even then, how often do you PWS someone and then Shadowmend them, instead of just Shadowmending them?

It's just a wonky and highly situational "bonus".

I added dungeon weights back into the guide!

Enjoy.