Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Well , im fine with just an approximation which is close enough , i mean what is next? dynamic stat weights? stat weight who take into account the future? solving wow gearing with super computers? make a bot to fight ursoc 3trillion times? or maybe write a phd about it? now you remind me about the days when i played poker and studied game theory models , i know when you analyze something too much it can turn into a big mathfest that never ends but im fine with something simple , i just like mr robot , i think the simulations about trinkets are fine.
    Each stat should 'lead' the other stats by a certain amount. Essentially, you've got a n-dimensional shape and you're trying to optimize total volume with different linear scalings on each dimension. So you can make statements like "critical should be 10% more than mastery" and it will describe how you should gear no matter what your current gearing is like. The only exception to this is the primary stat, which has declining value in such a model.

The guide is going to get a makeover this weekend!

Myself and a group of top end disc players have been working hard on creating a M+ guide to be added to this guide. Information added will include:

- Enchants and Consumables
    - Healing Tips for M+
    - Trinket Choices
    - Talent Choices
    - Tips for all affixes
    - Specific dungeon tips (including hard pulls and best MC targets)

This should be a great start, and I will add more information as time goes on. I hope the changes are helpful to everyone! I plan on having the changes made by no later than mid-day Sunday.

cool, looking forward to the update, mend.

anyway, yes, I guess my problem was I was treating disc as a spammy spot healer AND a "oh boy here comes the damage" healer in raids. I will only do the latter now while letting the other healers do the former.

edit: 420 posts

Deleted
    Hello Mend,

To introduce myself, i'm Dayzun, a French discipriest raider in a 4raid/week guild Slow Motion-Ysondre.

I've been a Tc reader in mmo since a long long time, but u'r job in the DisciGuide is really nice and since there's a lot of work to do i'd like to offer you my help if needed.
    I'm currently performing quite well in Emerald Nightmare, but there's still so much to learn for any of us.
    Disci is one of the most fabulous spec in the game but it's not played enough as it should be (especially in the French side of the game), and that's why i'm want to help in this big project.

Thank's anyway for all u'r job !

Dayzun

Edit's made to formatting and the Discipline Dungeon Guide section was added.

Enjoy!

Deleted
    How is the Unstable Arcanocrystal rated with the trinkets?
    I have gotten it a while ago and it was BiS for shadow but i recently switched to disco and curious how good or bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    Lutcikaur provided a detailed explanation of how he determined the weights used in my guide:
    Is it possible to make a spreadsheet calculator or something similar to determine personalised weights?
    Also, the Kara cloak with the +10% crit effect, I assume that would increase the value of crit?
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

I raided hc today up to cenarius as disc for first time , it is strange feeling because im used to holy , it is strange not to be able to help people at low hp and let the burden to another healer , the good thing is that your stats are so good that they will never blame you or replace you or they will realise that if someone died it was your fault , i had more hps than everyone like 270k-300k and around 100k dps , ofc i could do much more , still lack very important traits and i have bad gear , literally this spec survive just by sniping high aoe phases , you top up people incredibly fast after the aoe. I tried to act like a pro at cenarius and went mad with radiance , it was impressive until i was oom and that was kinda fast.

Despite the great stats this spec can offer you , not being able to help individuals sucks , we didnt down cenarius as disc , i switched to holy and even though my stats were worse , the group was more stable with no deaths , i had worse but still very strong aoe and the ability to save low hp people asap , also amalgam is much better as holy due to flash heal spam. Im not sure if we would have killed him if i remained disc but still playing disc means that you rely a lot on the reflexes of the other healers , they have to do the dirty job and they have to do it well.

Also i feel like plea people is kinda useless before major aoe because a healer will most likely attemp to heal the target you used your plea , you wont get much out of it, i personally wouldnt ever use it proactively except a tank maybe , i mostly use it on very low hp people and thats if i dont have shield off cd.

I raided hc today up to cenarius as disc for first time , it is strange feeling because im used to holy , it is strange not to be able to help people at low hp and let the burden to another healer , the good thing is that your stats are so good that they will never blame you or replace you or they will realise that if someone died it was your fault , i had more hps than everyone like 270k-300k and around 100k dps , ofc i could do much more , still lack very important traits and i have bad gear , literally this spec survive just by sniping high aoe phases , you top up people incredibly fast after the aoe. I tried to act like a pro at cenarius and went mad with radiance , it was impressive until i was oom and that was kinda fast.

Despite the great stats this spec can offer you , not being able to help individuals sucks , we didnt down cenarius as disc , i switched to holy and even though my stats were worse , the group was more stable with no deaths , i had worse but still very strong aoe and the ability to save low hp people asap , also amalgam is much better as holy due to flash heal spam. Im not sure if we would have killed him if i remained disc but still playing disc means that you rely a lot on the reflexes of the other healers , they have to do the dirty job and they have to do it well.

Also i feel like plea people is kinda useless before major aoe because a healer will most likely attemp to heal the target you used your plea , you wont get much out of it, i personally wouldnt ever use it proactively except a tank maybe , i mostly use it on very low hp people and thats if i dont have shield off cd.
    Good, then don't play disc if you can't find shadowmend and PWS in your spellbook like the rest of us can.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Very painful to read, and also very clear that you haven't read anything in this thread.
    Go get some grammar lesson's, read this thread, THEN maybe think about coming and offering your two cents (or ask for help, sounds like you really need it).

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    Good, then don't play disc if you can't find shadowmend and PWS in your spellbook like the rest of us can.
    i use pws all the time and im pretty sure i am told in this thread that i shouldnt use shadowmend and that my goal is not to save lives and spot heal but heal the raid when gets aoed and leave the first part to other healers.

So I have a few questions. Started my disc priest, got into lfr finally and I noticed stuff I need. First, is there a good addon or WA string just to track current number of atonements out? Im using grid/clique as my base healer stuff since I healed other expansions but now I want a number somewhere on my screen so I dont need to eyeball my raid frames to see when to not plea or when I have a lot of atonements out. Granted I shouldnt need it because I should just be PWS/Plea/Radiance/Heal. But when they start to fall off I like to know.

Second, am I just going to get used to the idea that I wont be ontop of meters? Yes, I know healing meters are stupid, but I like them anyway. If every healer is doing their proper job however, disc simply won't be ontop? But they'll be saving lives during those massive aoe periods?

Third. I thought Id hate disc, its why I originally quit my disc, but its actually kinda fun. I need to remember to reapply Purge but otherwise its kinda fun to be different. I like it.

Edit: Nevermind. Im blind and I know it. Just saw atonement bar. -.- Sigh. I'll go find a nice high cliff to jump off of now. Bye.
    I do not fear death. It's just dreaming in silence.

I was under the impression that Fishbrul Special was the optimal food for disc, did that change with 7.1?

i use pws all the time and im pretty sure i am told in this thread that i shouldnt use shadowmend and that my goal is not to save lives and spot heal but heal the raid when gets aoed and leave the first part to other healers.
    Guides usually don't deal in absolutes. Yes, usually you should not use shadowmend. However if a situation presents itself and you have to either heal somebody or let him die (provided you are fairly certain no other healer will be able to save him), then JUST DO IT and use shadowmend

The fact that something is not your primary role doesn't mean you have to avoid it at all cost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arukie View Post
    I was under the impression that Fishbrul Special was the optimal food for disc, did that change with 7.1?
    It provided higher dps boost than dps trinkets, so Blizzard fixed it -- by nerfing the food for disc

Quote Originally Posted by Unspunreality View Post
    So I have a few questions. Started my disc priest, got into lfr finally and I noticed stuff I need. First, is there a good addon or WA string just to track current number of atonements out? Im using grid/clique as my base healer stuff since I healed other expansions but now I want a number somewhere on my screen so I dont need to eyeball my raid frames to see when to not plea or when I have a lot of atonements out. Granted I shouldnt need it because I should just be PWS/Plea/Radiance/Heal. But when they start to fall off I like to know.

Second, am I just going to get used to the idea that I wont be ontop of meters? Yes, I know healing meters are stupid, but I like them anyway. If every healer is doing their proper job however, disc simply won't be ontop? But they'll be saving lives during those massive aoe periods?

Third. I thought Id hate disc, its why I originally quit my disc, but its actually kinda fun. I need to remember to reapply Purge but otherwise its kinda fun to be different. I like it.

Edit: Nevermind. Im blind and I know it. Just saw atonement bar. -.- Sigh. I'll go find a nice high cliff to jump off of now. Bye.
    Lol, it's a lot of information to dig through. Unfortunately, I was unable to reply in time, but I'm glad you found it.

Am i supposed to use radiance only during the spots attached on the string? for ex. you never use radiance on cenarius,dragons,nygoth? if the group is low hp due to another source of dmg (not incoming aoe attack) , how do you react? keep dpsing with 5 attonements and maybe throw a halo?

At least i do great the radiance part , thats easy because you have a specific plan , the rest is kinda messed up and everyone seem to do it differently.

Am i supposed to use radiance only during the spots attached on the string? for ex. you never use radiance on cenarius,dragons,nygoth? if the group is low hp due to another source of dmg (not incoming aoe attack) , how do you react? keep dpsing with 5 attonements and maybe throw a halo?

At least i do great the radiance part , thats easy because you have a specific plan , the rest is kinda messed up and everyone seem to do it differently.
    I have updated WA's for Cenarius to prep for each Cleansing I need to upload. The WeakAuras are only to track major raid AoE, not every time you need to use PWR. You'll need to use your judgement whether to use it on Dragons (if people are dropping low). Il'gynoth on N/H lacks any raid-wide AoE, and even on Mythic, there is no timer for when Ichors are going to start exploding.

There is only so much that I could make the WA do, unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    I have updated WA's for Cenarius to prep for each Cleansing I need to upload. The WeakAuras are only to track major raid AoE, not every time you need to use PWR. You'll need to use your judgement whether to use it on Dragons (if people are dropping low). Il'gynoth on N/H lacks any raid-wide AoE, and even on Mythic, there is no timer for when Ichors are going to start exploding.

There is only so much that I could make the WA do, unfortunately.
    It's almost like you need to play the game yourself and not let an addon do everything for you. What a strange concept..
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    It's almost like you need to play the game yourself and not let an addon do everything for you. What a strange concept..
    Game? I thought this was just a pen and paper game to be played in these forums by bots.

Not sure if it's already known, but the ring from kara with the damage on-use, does full damage for Disc, but does not proc Atonement.