Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Bm hunter viable at pve?

I raise my hunter as a bm one , will a decent guild accept me as bm?

Deleted
    MM is clearly better for raiding content. But BM is good enough for any semi-casual guild. Think of guilds that just started Mythic EN this week, that kind of level.

Mythic raiding - no.
    Heroic raiding - only if you are very lucky and / or are exceptionally good at all bitch jobs in a raid
    Normal raids - no problem here.
    Dungeon running (including high mythics +) BM is actually very decent at. A dedicated BM is very likely to outperform MM in most situations and is more flexible in its setup + can provide several useful buffs at no cost to its performance.
    Basically, BM is ok for anything but competitive raid guilds. But since you ask that sort of question, my guess is you are not aiming to get into one. So level BM and enjoy it if you are able to do so.

I pull out about 250k steady DPS as BM in Heroic Emerald Nightmare. On bursts, it can sometimes reach 500k. But that's mostly the beginning burst. You need a good combination on stats and lots of luck with Dire Beast procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    I pull out about 250k steady DPS as BM in Heroic Emerald Nightmare. On bursts, it can sometimes reach 500k. But that's mostly the beginning burst. You need a good combination on stats and lots of luck with Dire Beast procs.
    No you don't, lol.

as a 300k+ dps bm hunter on every heroic EN boss so far, all i can say is, dont expect to be top DPS on charts, but yeah, its viable even on mythic raids. im yet to get a decent legendary, but even so, only a hot fix would make BM competitive im DPS. Hati Kill Command DMG increase maybe, since it delas less that 30% of your main pet DMG mostra of the time. Unfortunatelly the tier bonus from nighthold wont do much for BM.

If the guild is going into bosses overgeared and blowing past dps checks, bm is ok.

Well take a look at the hunters in Method's latest mythic Xavius kill -

Does that answer and put to bed whether BM is 'viable'.

It is not 'best' but it is most certainly 'viable', and obviously at least one somewhat decent guild (lol) 'accepted' a BM
    Last edited by silverstarzs; 2016-10-17 at 01:44 AM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Only MM is viable. MM is king.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstarzs View Post
    Well take a look at the hunters in Method's latest mythic Xavius kill -

Does that answer and put to bed whether BM is 'viable'.

It is not 'best' but it is most certainly 'viable', and obviously at least one somewhat decent guild (lol) 'accepted' a BM
    All that answers is one of two questions:

1: "are some of the Method players trying to go for the M+15 achievement?". Answer being, yes. They're bringing along the BM hunter that they're using (likely because he has legendary boots) and giving him gear on farm so that they can have a smooth run through.

Or, alternatively -

2: "are Method already selling boost runs for achievements and gear?". Answer being, yes. The dude literally has the most achievement points of anyone. In the world. Like, he's legit rank #1. Him buying a boost for something he might not be able to do on his own (notice how all his other characters are located on Dragonblight in a guild with zero progress) is *far more likely* than method actually bringing a BM hunter because they wanted to use a BM hunter.

In either case, the fact that you actually think a top 10 guild would actively recruit and make use of a BM hunter is borderline asinine. The spec does fine on a casual level, but MM is so far ahead of BM in the highest tier of raiding that it's both naive and stupid to think they'd want a BM hunter over a MM hunter. They expect all of their raiders to be able to play *every spec*, and play their specs *optimally*. If BM becomes better, you'll see nothing but BM hunters during progression. While MM is the best, you'll see nothing but MM hunters during progression - unless the fight calls for a specific utility the other spec brings, of course. What they do on farm is pretty much irrelevant.

So, to answer the question:
    BM is fine. If you're levelling right now any guild you can get into with a fresh char is not good enough to care about optimal spec, anyway.
    Is MM better? Fuck yes.
    Does it matter that Method had a BM hunter in their recent kill? For the love of fucking god no it doesn't. If you look through the top 10 and their most recent kills, you'll see that between them, they've also all brought every rogue spec - Assasin, Outlaw and Sub. Doesn't mean one isn't better than the others (hint: It's sub when they get enough gear, but outlaw was what most people geared for / put points into before the nerf a day prior to raids so most stuck with outlaw, and assas can absolutely destroy some fights while they wait to get enough gear for suB).

Still use BM for M+, MM for EN.

MM is not miles ahead of BM like everyone is claiming... Play what you want to play.
    Do not look at the top parses and assume it is.
    Alot of the "top" players made a choice in beta and early on live, to play MM. Probably because BM is considered boring to play (which is a personal preference) and so there are more "good" MM hunters than BM hunters at the moment which makes them stand out on warcraftlogs.

Deleted
    Wowprogress says I was BM in xavius and survival in il'gynoth on first mythic kills. I can assure you I was MM during whole progress. Wowprogress can be cheated intentionally or unintentionally on what spec you played.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    No you don't, lol.
    Sure you do. You need crits from your autoshots to proc a Dire Beast. More Dire Beasts means you'll be using more Bestial Wrath.

All specs are "viable" for everything they can do in the game. People seem to forget or not know what viable means. We are 10 years past vanilla.

Next time, word your question similar to "I am this spec, how is it performing relative to the other two specs?".
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    All that answers is one of two questions:

Lots of foaming at the mouth here, but it is mostly wrong or irrelevant.

In either case, the fact that you actually think a top 10 guild would actively.... make use of a BM hunter is borderline asinine.

The plain fact despite your foaming is that they did 'make use of a BM Hunter' on their 3rd clear (none of the team, including Roger, is full mythic geared yet). Perhaps they were gearing him, or giving him achievement - you do know if MM was 'miles ahead' he could have played MM and still gotten gear and the achievement - right?

If BM becomes better, you'll see nothing but BM hunters during progression. While MM is the best, you'll see nothing but MM hunters during progression.

So you don't think ANY BM hunters were in on decent progression? You need to get out more - perhaps take a look at world #4's progression kill.

I doubt the OP is a top 10% hunter, and my personal observation is that most 'typical Hc' hunters play MM quite poorly, and that they would in fact help their raid team more (more damage and better mechanics) if they played the easier BM spec with unlimited mobility.
    Last edited by silverstarzs; 2016-10-17 at 12:32 PM.

Gauche as it is to quote yourself, this still applies here.

--BM on top, by any margin--
    Player 1: "Hey, I've been toying with an idea to use SV for..."
    BM crowd: *foams at mouth* "YOU SUCK BM IS THE SPEC FOR ALL THINGS YOU'RE SHITTING ON YOUR RAID NOT PLAYING IT ALSO YOUR MOM DRESSES YOU FUNNY."

--BM not on top---
    BM crowd: *foams at mouth* "F ALL OF YOU BM IS STILL THE GREATEST IN MY HEART NUMBERS MEAN NOTHING ENJOYMENT MATTERS YOUR SOCKS ARE THE WRONG COLOR."

--BM good for X, not as good for Y--
    Player 1: Theorycraft suggests that while BM is great at X, $otherSpec is better at Y, because...
    BM Crowd: *foams at mouth* "THEORY IS A CONSPIRACY TO DENY BM AS THE TRUE SPEC FOR ALL THINGS INCLUDING AUCTIONS MATH MEANS NOTHING YOU COOK EGGS WRONG"

--BM crowd talking to themselves--
    "Goodness me, I don't understand why we have such a stigma. It must be jealousy from the poor unenlightened proles, who fail to understand the godlike superiority of BM." *puffs pipe*
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Gauche as it is to quote yourself, this still applies here.
    Why all this weird hate, I wonder. Do people who want to play the truest spec of hunters personally offend you by the very fact of their existence or what?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Why all this weird hate, I wonder.
    Yes, exactly what normal people ask about the BM crowd. What's so damned appealing about a virtual fuzzy wuzzy that they'll go miles from reality to defend it?

Do people who want to play the truest spec of hunters personally offend you by the very fact of their existence or what?
    Emphasis mine, you can't make this stuff up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Looks like you're foaming at the mouth.

And your signature is retarded.