Moving to Virginia - Driver's License

So I recently got my Florida Driver's license (about a week ago) and now I am playing to move to Virginia for family reasons. I am moving in about a month. My question is, I know that i need proof of residence, id etc. Will they stop me from changing my Fl license to a Virginia one since I have had mine for little time? Or will I have to wait to get mine later?

Quote Originally Posted by Oraxin View Post
    So I recently got my Florida Driver's license (about a week ago) and now I am playing to move to Virginia for family reasons. I am moving in about a month. My question is, I know that i need proof of residence, id etc. Will they stop me from changing my Fl license to a Virginia one since I have had mine for little time? Or will I have to wait to get mine later?
    I do not mean to sound rude so if it comes off that way, I apologize now, but why would you ask this question on a forum like this? Call the local DMV or visit their website and get your information that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Backlashe View Post
    I do not mean to sound rude so if it comes off that way, I apologize now, but why would you ask this question on a forum like this? Call the local DMV or visit their website and get your information that way.
    Because of bored people like me!

http://www.dmv.org/articles/how-to-t...ivers-license/
    Bear in mind that requirements vary by state, but in most cases some or all of the following requirements will apply:

Your current driver’s license (the out-of-state one). Without it, the DMV will consider you unlicensed and you’ll have to start from scratch. This means taking – and passing – the written and driving exams.
    Proper identification. In some cases, your current drivers license will suffice. This will depend on the DMV. Otherwise you’ll need to present at least one form of primary identification. This usually entails a passport or birth certificate.
    Provide proof of your Social Security number. Or, if you don’t own a number, present a letter from the Social Security Administration explaining why.
    Provide proof of residency. Some states may require two proofs of this.
    Pass a vision test.
    Have payment for new driver license.
    Edit: Grace periods for newly licensed adults doesn't seem to be a thing.
    Last edited by Dys; 2016-10-16 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drivers licenses are pretty universal now, you're not going to get arrested or really be prevented from doing anything by having a Florida drivers license. Just keep the one you've got until you're more set up in Virginia, they're usually good for several years.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Backlashe View Post
    because its a forum. its what forums are for to ask questions. the underlined was completely unnecessary and you did it purely to be rude. which means your first sentence is incorrect. since this is off topic it is a perfectly legitimate question.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-10-16 at 08:46 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because its a forum. its what forums are for to ask questions.
    Why do you love draenei so much? For their taste is not an acceptable answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Why do you love draenei so much? For their taste is not an acceptable answer.
    but i don't love them.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Drivers licenses are pretty universal now, you're not going to get arrested or really be prevented from doing anything by having a Florida drivers license. Just keep the one you've got until you're more set up in Virginia, they're usually good for several years.
    Do not listen to this advice. It is required by VA law for new residents to obtain a VA driver's license within 60 days of moving there. This is actually a requirement in most states. Some states it is as low as 30 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Do not listen to this advice. It is required by VA law for new residents to obtain a VA driver's license within 60 days of moving there. This is actually a requirement in most states. Some states it is as low as 30 days.
    *shrug* Okay well Wyoming didn't give a shit when I moved here so....everyone is different I guess.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I have a TX drivers license. When I moved to WA state, and got pulled over... the cop was VERY interested in my address (also my burnt out break light, which I had just bought the bulb for. -bad luck-). I simply told him my husband is military, and we had just moved up here. He gave me a warning, and told me to get it updated ASAP. So I did :P Luckily it was time to renew it anyway. I've also gotten an additional charge because of an unupdated address (screw you, San Antonio constable from 10 years ago!) I know you need to update it to your new one after a while. So make sure you do that.

I used to live in VA, too. But... I don't quite remember how they do licenses down there. I had just gotten my drivers license when my dad retired, and moved us to Texas.