Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mythic Nythendra Requirement Question

So my guild is 2/7 Heroic and would have been 3/7 had some healers not had to leave.

Nythendra dead
    Dragons dead
    Elerethe dead soon

At this point would it be possible to take down Mythic Nythendra?

I ask because I know going from Normal to Heroic it was possible to down Nythendra early. Is it still the same or would it be impossible this early?

Deleted
    I would say strainght up no, not a chance for a 2/7 hc guild

Mythic Nythendra took us twice as many wipes as heroic Cenarius, which was the toughest heroic boss. We're 3/7 mythic right now.

I wouldn't even consider it until you've cleared heroic.

Deleted
    Focus on heroic 1st and gear up.

Mythic Nythendra might not be a hard fight to grasp; but might prove a tad too hard for you if you struggle with heroic bosses.

We don't struggle. We lost 2 healers after 6 attempts on Elerethe, and had to call it.

The last 2 weeks we cleared Normal and used the other night to work on Heroic. Had we not lost those guys we would have had Elerethe and Dragons down the same week. We only raid 2 nights for 3-4 hours a night.

I'm with others, the intensity of the mechanics on nythendra is much more amplified on mythics. Although the overall mechanics are 'simple', the actual practice is much harder overall. For example there is a lot more poison on the ground, the tanks mechanic is significantly more painful, and the mind control can be a wipe if one person doesn't pay attention and stack properly. We wiped on nythendra many times before downing despite full clearing heroic on the first week with only 2 wipes on cenarius and 1 on xavius.

You could give it a few attempts if you have a 20man team, but until you've at least downed heroic cenarius I wouldn't try it.
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

I am sorry, but I would say you wont be able to kill her. If you cant breeze through all heroic bosses, then you are not ready for Nythendra on mythic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    We don't struggle. We lost 2 healers after 6 attempts on Elerethe, and had to call it.

The last 2 weeks we cleared Normal and used the other night to work on Heroic. Had we not lost those guys we would have had Elerethe and Dragons down the same week. We only raid 2 nights for 3-4 hours a night.
    It was not meant that way; i'd still advise you not to try it yet.
    Just 1 question: did you lose those 2 healers due to them wanting more (mythic) progress?
    If you hit mythic just cause of that you might end up losing even more players due to frustration over not being able to get the mythic encounter down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    It was not meant that way; i'd still advise you not to try it yet.
    Just 1 question: did you lose those 2 healers due to them wanting more (mythic) progress?
    If you hit mythic just cause of that you might end up losing even more players due to frustration over not being able to get the mythic encounter down.
    We didn't lose them as in they gquit, we lost them because they had to go for the night and it completely halted our progress on her.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are probably severely overestimating your guild's abilities - if you aren't breezing through heroic as others said, you aren't ready for mythic

the 2 nights thing doesn't hold up either - it shouldn't take a night to clear normal, my guild is 2/7M and it took us 1 hour 15 minutes to do normal this week with a mix of alts, friends, family and newly rerolled chars among our mains.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Hi, fellow 2 night guild here.

We cleared both normal and heroic on week 1. 2 wipes on Elerethe 0 on Nythendra.
    On week 2 we recleared both normal and heroic, and had Mythic Nythendra down on pull #9.

I give the statistics because if your're "progressing" on Elerethe in the traditional sense and not just killing it in a few attempts you're gonna have a bad time on Nythendra mythic. The fight isn't terribly hard, but until you overgear it you're gonna need everyone alive until the end.

If you're thinking that you're ready to start pushing for mythic, I would say drop the night of normal and see how far you can push into heroic until you hit a wall. If you at any point hit a dps wall (getting overwhelmed on Ilgynoth, hitting wave 5 on Cenarius, The soft enrage at the end of Xavius) then you aren't yet ready for mythic.

So my guild is 2/7 Heroic and would have been 3/7 had some healers not had to leave.

Nythendra dead
    Dragons dead
    Elerethe dead soon

At this point would it be possible to take down Mythic Nythendra?

I ask because I know going from Normal to Heroic it was possible to down Nythendra early. Is it still the same or would it be impossible this early?
    Shes not at all hard but if you struggle with Elerethe on HC I doubt you'll have a great time on any mythic boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you just give it a try? It's not like there's a lot of trash before her.

M Nythendra is much harder than any heroic boss.

So as you still have a lot bosses still standing in heroic, I'd say that you won't really have any chance at beating a mythic boss yet.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Healing is not a problem as raid damage is not that much worse, dps and execution is another matter. If you can nail the fight in terms of excecution you'll still need a fair amount of dps to get her before the enrage timer runs out.

Deleted
    Focus on heroic first before jumping the gun. You're only going to aggravate your fellow raiders by trying to tackle a challenge the group isn't ready for.

We raid 2 nights for 3 hours a night. First week we cleared normal and 5/7H. Second week we cleared heroic and Nythendra mythic. Short raiding hours certainly impacts on the rate at which you clear stuff, but not to the extent you're suggesting. If you were capable of jumping straight to mythic, you would already have cleared heroic by now despite your short schedule and roster issues.

You sound like you were just getting started on Elerethe after 6 wipes. I keep an eye on how mythic guilds on our server are doing, and of the 8 that have killed mythic Nythendra and publicly log, they needed 7, 5, 3, 5, 2, 2, 6 and 4 wipes to kill Elerethe HC. The two that needed 6+ wipes to kill her wiped 48 and 50 times on Nythendra mythic. One guild wiped more on Nythendra mythic than they did on all HC bosses put together. You are trying to run before you can walk.

no struggle
    6 attempts on one of the easier bosses in this instance

pick one

as for your question - 0% chance you'll kill nyth on mythic at this point

Deleted
    Nythendra is about 20-40% harder than anything on heroic.

I dug out the OP's logs.

Week 1, night 1: not logged, but 3/7N.
    Week 1, night 2: They did Dragons N in one wipe, Elerethe N in 6, had four wipes on Cenarius N without killing it and had one go at Nythendra H.
    Week 2, night 1: extended on normal and had 5 wipes on Cenarius N and a kill, not sure why they stopped at that point.
    Week 2, night 2: 4 wipes on Xavius N and a kill, then 8 wipes on Nythendra H.
    Week 3, night 1: 4/7N re-kills, then Nythendra H, though the latter wasn't logged for some reason.
    Week 3, night 2: re-clear of the remaining 3 normal bosses, 7 wipes on Dragons H.
    Week 4, night 1: 4/7N re-kills, Nythendra H re-kill, Dragons H kill after 8 more wipes.
    Week 4, night 2: re-clear of the remaining 3 normal bosses, 10 (not 6) wipes on Elerethe H. Best attempt was 56%, so nowhere near yet.

Sorry, OP. For comparison to your 15 Dragons wipes, the guilds on our server that have killed Nythendra M needed 0, 4, 2, 3, 1, 0, 3 and 3 wipes to kill Dragons H. In comparison to guilds that are successful in mythic, you DO struggle in heroic. You really, really should not be looking at mythic yet - I honestly don't intend to be rude here, but if you're thinking it's mythic time, then your guild is not as good as you think it is.