Deleted

Unstable Affliction in 7.1

I must confess, I'ma little confused as to how the changes will affect PVE.I realise that they are being implemented to save the idiots in PVP who are dumb enough to kill themselves by letting a warlock granted by RNgesus lucky shards stand and hardcast a big stack of them which they then dispell (the equivalent of allowing a mage sit and spam fireblasts at you lol)

I had a very brie flook at it on the PTR, and I can see that each UA shows up as a separate debuff but what confuse sme if the cap.

Does that apply to PVE? If so how does it work? I can think of a large number of situations where I've managed to dump a lot more than five UA's thanks to lucky shard procs, and of course, it can also pay off to save up a dump for a burn/heroism phase

I tried hoarding five shards on the PTR trainign dummies and having Agony running, it didn;t stop me casting six or seven in a row, does this mean you can actually waste UA's?

Dea rlord, they aren;t actually going to make us watch shard stacks and UA stacks and try to juggle not capping on either? It would be a nightmare anythime you can have multiple Agonies running

On eof the few satisfactions in affliction is to be had where you luck out and can dump a whole load of UAs and get some big ticks off them.

Inb4: "We'd rather you not play Affliction."

I have no problem with the other two specs, they're solid, but affliction only has surviability going.

The other possible reason to these changes are that they're preparing the ground to some buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    The other possible reason to these changes are that they're preparing the ground to some buffs.
    Not going to hold my breath on that one. I used to love affliction and unlike blizzard's train of thought on people already heavily invested into an artifact so we don't want them to reroll... I'd happily spend AP again on affliction if it was viable in mythic raiding. With AK getting so high now getting the weapon to equal level to my others isnt that big of an ordeal until around 26+

What changes? Do you have a link by chance?

Deleted

I have no problem with the other two specs, they're solid, but affliction only has surviability going.

I wouldn;t bet on it. You'd think they'd want to test nerfs and buffs - not just nerfs.

Deleted
    You think you do, but, we, don't.

Do you like my old school sign about GC ?

Stacks on the UA debuff was also something I'd like to know, in regard of this...

I tried to ask on the official forums... but I am banned
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2016-10-18 at 04:20 AM.

I've got mixed feelings about the whole 7.1 UA thing. I get that healers should be able to tell at a glance how dangerous it will be to dispel UA (esp in RBGs where it's hard to track what everyone is doing all the time), but with the Compounding Horror change it seems like an overall nerf.

It'd be really useful to know precisely what the new behavior is on the ptr. Do stacks fall off as they were applied? e.g. if I stack it to three, will there be a tick with 3 stacks, then 2, then 1, or does the new UA behave more like agony, where if you stack it to five, you can keep it rolling by using a shard every 8 seconds? Or does the new UA just apply a new debuff each time (so your debuff list looks like it has five different UA's on a target)?

If it behaves more like agony, then this might be a stealth buff to single target damage, where the new rotation would be all about maintaining UA duration with high stacks. Otherwise, UA really needs a damage increase to even out the compounding horror nerf.