Thread: Heroic Brawl

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heroic Brawl

I am excited for a mix of Arena and Tavern Brawl.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...awl-10-17-2016
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-10-17 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Added article for those who don't want to watch videos.

Don't like. Tavern Brawl is too random to be competitive. I mean, won't people just netdeck the successful decks? Idk. I guess more content never hurts but I personally don't think I'd play it much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds very niche but fun nonetheless.

When I heard them say that the cost will be a bit higher and then 1k gold hovering over the right, my mind went into "Fuck that" mode.

Yeah, I would never dump $10 on this considering how far my win streaks go in ranked.

1k gold isn't bad though if you have no reason to buy packs, I guess. At that point though, you're just doing it for the golden legendaries and dust.

Not sure where you're getting Tavern Brawl + Arena from though, the only similarity to tavern brawl is that it lasts a week. There's no special rules otherwise it seems, just create your own deck rather than a random deck like Arena.

Edit- Never mind, I see now. This replaces a Brawl for the week. Well, that kinda sucks, hope it's a bit off so I can save up gold.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-10-17 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah, I would never dump $10 on this considering how far my win streaks go in ranked.

1k gold isn't bad though if you have no reason to buy packs, I guess. At that point though, you're just doing it for the golden legendaries and dust.

Not sure where you're getting Tavern Brawl + Arena from though, the only similarity to tavern brawl is that it lasts a week. There's no special rules otherwise it seems, just create your own deck rather than a random deck like Arena.

Edit- Never mind, I see now. This replaces a Brawl for the week. Well, that kinda sucks, hope it's a bit off so I can save up gold.
    The Tavern Brawl + Arena is because it is Tavern Brawl, with the Win/Lose System from Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Don't like. Tavern Brawl is too random to be competitive. I mean, won't people just netdeck the successful decks? Idk. I guess more content never hurts but I personally don't think I'd play it much.
    It's Standard deck building. Please read:

Update 12:40 PM EDT: Ben Brode confirms 0 wins gives you 1 pack as a reward.
    Competitive Tavern Brawls with Entry Fees Coming Soo
    n!

A new Tavern Brawl type is coming soon titled Heroic Brawl which works a bit like arena except we're using constructed decks! You will need to pay an entry fee in order to play but you can earn some pretty awesome rewards.

- The entry fee is $9.99 USD or 1000 Gold.
    - You will build a Standard deck using your own card collection. No changes once it is locked in!
    - Your deck can be played up until you hit 12 wins or 3 losses. You will earn rewards based on your total wins.
    - Rewards featured up to 50 packs for a run, multiple legendaries, and the usual gold + dust.
    - The Heroic Brawl only lasts for the duration of a regular Tavern Brawl week!
    - When this special mode is running, there will not be a regular Tavern Brawl.
    - You can only run Heroic Brawl a certain amount of times during the week.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

No thank you. Why remove this? Tavern Brawl is one of the only reasons I even play HS anymore.

The 1000 gold fee its really discouraging.

And I agree - the price is just too high, it's too much, they've crossed the border. I see it as:
    1. Stream magnet - great for popular steamers - more people watching more expensive hazard.
    2. Milking overhyped people who will feel a strong need to do this horrible hazard stuff.

I have +10k gold now and I probably will give it ONE try, just for giggles, but this is it. It could be worth 10$/€ IF I could sell these cards like I can in case of Magic.

Deleted
    Great now they are taking away 1 free pack a week while this is on. We will probably still get those brawl quest too.

those 12 win rewards are insane !

10+ Year Old Account
    completely off-topic but the younger guy in the video is completely into the older guy.

Infracted.

-Colmadero
    Last edited by Colmadero; 2016-10-18 at 04:13 AM.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegan View Post

No thank you. Why remove this? Tavern Brawl is one of the only reasons I even play HS anymore.
    They really should of ran it alongside a tavern brawl. I thought at first it was a brand new mode that was just going to have a weekly lock out, not randomly replace tavern brawl.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    It's Standard deck building.
    How many Tavern Brawls are there that give you decks or let you pick only 1-3 cards?

But I guess since HTB means no regular TB, they're going to be strict and make you choose a full 30 cards.

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck is that thumbs up above my post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    those 12 win rewards are insane !
    Holy shit you're right.

Looks like a massive gold sink in preparation for the next xpack.
    I have the gold for several runs. But I expect it to be top tier decks all around, so I don't think I'll be playing it.
    I'd be more comfortable with it if they publish the entire reward scheme, so we figure the break even point.

Doesn't look like my type of feature, and the expensive entry fee is just putting me off. The 12 win rewards look insane though.

Yeah that's a gold sink for sure and youtube/twitch bait ....

i got around 10k gold but i would never enter this for a 1k fee esp. with constructed decks this will take netdecking to the next level, atm i play ranked with a priest deck i made after a few seasons ending around rank 4 ( only made it to legend once ) the decks i always did best with was netdecked aggro decks ... got real bored of it tho and now playing late game priest it is not super good it seems ... stuck around rank 10 but i have so much fun playing it, there would be 0 room for *fun* decks in this due to the price ...simply not worth the risk.

nerf it down to 250 and nerf the rewards also ...say 350 gold for 12 wins and 15 packs and i would be so into it. and make you go even on the gold with 6 wins ...

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    the expensive entry fee is just putting me off
    They're just marginalizing the middle class of HS. The rich can enter and get even better cards and decks, provided they use their top tier cards, and the people who still need cards to improve would lose quickly, and also not get the usual TB pack.

Who voted for those 2 devs?!

Btw I'm not getting it. Is it purely constructed, or is it like an actual Tavern Brawl with that has the twist/challenge? Because if it's just constructed vs constructed deck without a special challenge, idk why the fuck they even used the name Tavern Brawl.

What the fuck is that thumbs up above my post.
    Hit "edit post", "Go Advanced" and look under the text box at "post icons". You might of accidentally clicked the thumbs up.

Btw I'm not getting it. Is it purely constructed, or is it like an actual Tavern Brawl with that has the twist/challenge? Because if it's just constructed vs constructed deck without a special challenge, idk why the fuck they even used the name Tavern Brawl.
    It's a constructed arena pretty much.

So we get the opportunity to lose out on a week of TB unless we want to throw down 1k gold for a mode that will probably end up just like arena (ie you need to play a lot to become good enough at it to actually get consistent rewards that outweigh the cost)? How could I not want more?