Just returned - Where are the combat text options?

I want to make the original scrolling combat text smaller and also I don't want to see healing done on my pet..
    Was this an option they removed?

Blizzard pruned the options. They are still available as cvars. The addon AdvancedInterfaceOptions gives you a bunch of the old options with a window to browse through the entire cvar list.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Blizzard pruned the options. They are still available as cvars. The addon AdvancedInterfaceOptions gives you a bunch of the old options with a window to browse through the entire cvar list.
    Super thanks, Ill try it

On the subject of combat text mods, I use MSBT so I know if things are working and so I can see what I take damage from, but for some reason, I can't see the text that appears over enemy heads.

Is there a way to modify that text or to make the text more hooked to my character? MSBT just kinda takes the "oomph" away for me with the dull scrolling.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    On the subject of combat text mods, I use MSBT so I know if things are working and so I can see what I take damage from, but for some reason, I can't see the text that appears over enemy heads.

Is there a way to modify that text or to make the text more hooked to my character? MSBT just kinda takes the "oomph" away for me with the dull scrolling.
    If you want damage/healing done to other players/NPCs to appear over their heads, you'll have to use the Blizzard Floating Combat Text since that text is rendered in the 3D world and can't be modified by addons.

So the Blizzard FCT is disabled by MSBT, since it tries to replace that (with the dull scrolling)

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    If you want damage/healing done to other players/NPCs to appear over their heads, you'll have to use the Blizzard Floating Combat Text since that text is rendered in the 3D world and can't be modified by addons.

So the Blizzard FCT is disabled by MSBT, since it tries to replace that (with the dull scrolling)
    OH, well thanks for pointing that out to me, I had no idea MSBT was canning it (and I didn't know you couldn't muck around with it using an addon) - I mostly use MSBT to see what I'm taking damage from in a raid (since it shows ability icons).

Yeah, I know a lot of people prefer the defined scroll areas and whatnot, and I guess against a very large raid boss, it's probably the better option since I can't see the text above some of the really large bosses anyway, but it just adds a lot of satisfaction to a game that expectedly doesn't have much in the way of visual reaction from enemies (that is, the game simply couldn't render a good, appreciable reaction to player attacks from enemy models like in a single-player game).

Thanks for the explanation.

Do you know if there's maybe a more visually appealing or popping way to use MSBT or a mod like it? I haven't had much luck searching for other mods, most of them tout as a primary feature how minimalistic they are - contrary to my goals.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.