Thread: Diablo 4

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Diablo 4

First up was YouTuber Rhykker, who took a look at the Blizzcon 2016 goodie bag, which includes a full set of Diablo-themed dice. A normal four-sided die has four sides of three numbers each and when the die lies flat, the same number should be on the bottom. For the D4 in the Diablo set, one side reads 1-1-4, thus making the dice unusable. Rhykker and others believe this D4 is representative of "Diablo 4" with the 1-1-4 representing November 4, which is when Blizzcon 2016 begins.

Second came the tweets from former Diablo developers David Brevik and Bill Roper. The first set of tweets involved Bervik noting that he was visiting the Blizzard offices on October 6, and Bill Roper doing the same a day later.

"For 20 years, Diablo-like games have evolved and surprised us. I'm proud to be the adviser for the game that pushes this genre to new heights," Brevik tweeted on October 15.

Brevik founded Blizzard North, becoming the senior designer behind Diablo and the project lead for Diablo II. Bill Roper is a Blizzard veteran who was the producer on the first Diablo and a senior producer on Diablo II. Both men could be brought in to advise on a remaster of the older Diablo titles, but Brevik's later tweet seems to point towards a brand new title in the series.

Blizzard was also hiring for a game director for an unannounced Diablo project this summer. The original listing wanted someone who would "lead the Diablo series into the future". This would point to a development announcement, not a full gameplay one.

So there could be new Diablo coming in some form, whether that's a sequel or another expansion for Diablo III. You looking forward to it?

Source: usgamer.net (cant post links)

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    First up was YouTuber Rhykker, who took a look at the Blizzcon 2016 goodie bag, which includes a full set of Diablo-themed dice. A normal four-sided die has four sides of three numbers each and when the die lies flat, the same number should be on the bottom. For the D4 in the Diablo set, one side reads 1-1-4, thus making the dice unusable. Rhykker and others believe this D4 is representative of "Diablo 4" with the 1-1-4 representing November 4, which is when Blizzcon 2016 begins.

Second came the tweets from former Diablo developers David Brevik and Bill Roper. The first set of tweets involved Bervik noting that he was visiting the Blizzard offices on October 6, and Bill Roper doing the same a day later.

"For 20 years, Diablo-like games have evolved and surprised us. I'm proud to be the adviser for the game that pushes this genre to new heights," Brevik tweeted on October 15.

Brevik founded Blizzard North, becoming the senior designer behind Diablo and the project lead for Diablo II. Bill Roper is a Blizzard veteran who was the producer on the first Diablo and a senior producer on Diablo II. Both men could be brought in to advise on a remaster of the older Diablo titles, but Brevik's later tweet seems to point towards a brand new title in the series.

Blizzard was also hiring for a game director for an unannounced Diablo project this summer. The original listing wanted someone who would "lead the Diablo series into the future". This would point to a development announcement, not a full gameplay one.

So there could be new Diablo coming in some form, whether that's a sequel or another expansion for Diablo III. You looking forward to it?

Source: usgamer.net (cant post links)
    If they bring back the blizzard of the north dudes and give them lead on diablo 4 i will be beyond happy. Everything BoTN touched was amazing. I still love even hellgate london despite its lack of support. it was a great idea that died to young. Just dont let the team that did diablo 3 touch it please for the love of god. I want that same magic that made diablo 2 great in 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    If they bring back the blizzard of the north dudes and give them lead on diablo 4 i will be beyond happy. Everything BoTN touched was amazing. I still love even hellgate london despite its lack of support. it was a great idea that died to young. Just dont let the team that did diablo 3 touch it please for the love of god. I want that same magic that made diablo 2 great in 4.
    All of Diablo 3's problems were fixed with Reaper of Souls, I want that team to do it.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

https://twitter.com/davidbrevik/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Spoilers: Brevik isn't working on Diablo : /

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    All of Diablo 3's problems were fixed with Reaper of Souls, I want that team to do it.
    While not getting too into it as there's a whole D3 forum, I can't disagree strongly enough. Between the continued lack of a proper trading economy (and the inability to effectively farm items for alts) as well as ongoing issues with the gearing and builds at endgame, D3 is still quite flawed. They addressed a huge number of the major issues the game shouldn't have launched with to begin with, but it's still got a ways to go to approach how awesome D2 was and how long D2's managed to keep hardcore community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 got mostly fixed in Reaper of Souls. If anything Brevick is probably working on Torchlight 3(The game is fun but the art style is not to my liking).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Agreed. Reaper of Souls was good fun. Far too many people made their judgements on the game when it launched and never looked back. D3 is actually a pretty darn good game now, it just had a horrid launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/davidbrevik/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Spoilers: Brevik isn't working on Diablo : /

While not getting too into it as there's a whole D3 forum, I can't disagree strongly enough. Between the continued lack of a proper trading economy (and the inability to effectively farm items for alts) as well as ongoing issues with the gearing and builds at endgame, D3 is still quite flawed. They addressed a huge number of the major issues the game shouldn't have launched with to begin with, but it's still got a ways to go to approach how awesome D2 was and how long D2's managed to keep hardcore community.
    As long as they keep the skill and rune systems I am for more improvements. I never said it was perfect, but it is a great game none the less.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Hopefully its D4 and not just an expansion, or its a D3 Expansion that completely revamps it, making it an unofficial D4.

I didnt mind how bad D3 was, i didnt mind the new approach with RoS, but what i do mind is how everything in RoS is about ranking.

Here, free set to start farming higher Torments since this is the trend now and without a ready set you cant really do it cause your damage sucks....Now run GR till you collapse.

Okay, new patch guys! +500% damage to your sets, push 10 extra GR.

Repeat.

I did play every RoS patch only when they added new sets, played the characters, that had the new set, did about 800 paragon each time, there is no point to check a new season if there arent any stuff sets/gameplay to test.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-10-18 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Hopefully its D4 and not just an expansion, or its a D3 Expansion that completely revamps it, making it an unofficial D4.

I didnt mind how bad D3 was, i didnt mind the new approach with RoS, but what i do mind is how everything in RoS is about ranking.

Here, free set to start farming higher Torments since this is the trend now and without a ready set you cant really do it cause your damage sucks....Now run GR till you collapse.

Okay, new patch guys! +500% damage to your sets, push 10 extra GR.

Repeat.

I did play every RoS patch only when they added new sets, played the characters, that had the new set, did about 800 paragon each time, there is no point to check a new season if there arent any stuff sets/gameplay to test.
    What's sad is they don't even do that anymore. They did it for a couple seasons and now the previous two seasons have made almost no changes to the game. Season 7 had very minor tuning changes on like two sets. Season 8 has changed literally nothing, not even exaggerating, there is no change between 7 and 8.

If there isn't an expansion announced with a Q1 2017 launch it will pretty much be the final nail in D3's coffin.

It has been about six months since the last minor changes to sets, nine months since the last major changes to sets, and about fourteen months since the last patch that actually added new items to the game.

Thirty months since RoS launched.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-10-18 at 01:01 AM.

Diablo 3 (RoS) while a great game, was far from what it should've been, it was dumbed down far more than it should've been imo.

If they're working on D4, i want trading, balanced PvP (they've done this in WoW with stat templates, do it in D4), the ability to choose which class you want loot to drop for via a toggle/top down menu to help with gearing alts (similiar to loot spec in WoW), more customization (stat allocation, etc, runes aren't enough), the ability to have a second class opening up even more customization (You're a Crusader, you unlock and choose a Witch Doctor as your 'second advancement', you're now a Death Knight).

Vanilla D3 was crap....current D3 is great for a month to six weeks every season before exhaustion kicks in and I don't even touch it til the next season.

I'm hoping if they are making a D4, that they somehow can keep us engaged longer than a month.

As far as the poster above....the second class opening up....would be insanely amazing to be honest.

Diablos 3 problems were not fixed with ROS. The problem is the game as a whole is not a successor to diablo 2. Its so much a different game that its hardly diablo. There is alot of very good reasons diablo 2 still has a large community, an established trading area, and ladder seasons still, after over 10 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablos 3 problems were not fixed with ROS. The problem is the game as a whole is not a successor to diablo 2. Its so much a different game that its hardly diablo. There is alot of very good reasons diablo 2 still has a large community, an established trading area, and ladder seasons still, after over 10 years.
    Plenty of the problems WERE fixed in baseline D3 and the worshipping of D2 needs to stop.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Plenty of the problems WERE fixed in baseline D3 and the worshipping of D2 needs to stop.
    the worshiping to d2 is well earned and deserved. Just cus blizzard fucked up and didnt emulate the best of d2 doesnt mean we need to just forget it ever existed.

I would enjoy a new diablo game with less linear world. I know its less linear if you do bounties but I would prefer to have a less linear world with a story to it. I would prefer it had more of an open world to it. I love the classes and class abilities that diablo3 had but I would love to have more classes. I would love to have a rogue class that uses daggers and stealth. I would love to have a druid class similar to wow's druid class that can turn into a bear or cat. I would love it if you could have more than 6 buttons or be able to create macros so that you can use all of your abilities and cool-downs.

is there anything d4 can learn/take from PoE to make it a better game?

witcher III / skryrim type game set in the Diablo world....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    is there anything d4 can learn/take from PoE to make it a better game?
    well the biggest difference for me is that i can only play PoE on hardcore and i can only play D3 on softcore, D3s hardcore is abnormaly stupid with cheat death passives, and PoE on non hardcore just feels off. aside from that theres too much detail to go into regarding both games, clearly diablo can learn alot from PoE and the other way around, if your not looking at your competitors to learn and adapt you're bound to fail anyway

Having to redo your whole character because you picked a "wrong" skill is poor design though, they need to keep the rune and skill system from D3, going back to the way D2 is or trying to recreate it would be a technical step back and most people I know would never play Diablo 2 again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I would enjoy a new diablo game with less linear world. I know its less linear if you do bounties but I would prefer to have a less linear world with a story to it. I would prefer it had more of an open world to it. I love the classes and class abilities that diablo3 had but I would love to have more classes. I would love to have a rogue class that uses daggers and stealth. I would love to have a druid class similar to wow's druid class that can turn into a bear or cat. I would love it if you could have more than 6 buttons or be able to create macros so that you can use all of your abilities and cool-downs.
    That is the point of the changes they made in D3 though, too many abilities makes builds pointless and creates less focus on classes as a whole.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Having to redo your whole character because you picked a "wrong" skill is poor design though, they need to keep the rune and skill system from D3, going back to the way D2 is or trying to recreate it would be a technical step back and most people I know would never play Diablo 2 again.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the point of the changes they made in D3 though, too many abilities makes builds pointless and creates less focus on classes as a whole.
    Thats why they added respec tokens many years ago.