H Cenarius Help Me I Suck (Assassination DPS 861 ilvl)

I have a log for the last Cenarius pull we did tonight. Because this is a brand new account on this forum it will not allow me to post it though. I think I desperately need help with something. This fight is pretty weird to begin with and difficult to maintain overall dps because of all the add switching (ex- keeping elaborate planning up), however according to the logs, I'm doing super poorly for my item level and can be doing so much more.

Anyone that can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, if anyone can shed any light on what my guild is doing wrong, we would really appreciate that as well. Please feel free to flame strongly and be completely, brutally honest.

He can't post links yet so here ya go.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=4
    "And lo, the spaghetti fell from his pockets like a horse off a mountain, in the image and likeness of His Almighty Noodliness."
    - Nessie 3:50

You either were Rupturing with less than 4 CPs or I really have no idea why such a low damage contribution with Rupture ( avg. cast 570k? )

You're maintaining the EP uptime to ensure a good damage bonus, I get that, but you don't have to do it with Rupture, you should try as much as possible to renew it with 6 CPs, even if it means "gutting" a lil' bit of the EP uptime by pooling a lil' more

Actually that log doesn't list anyone's ilvl, so perhaps whoever is doing the logging has not turned on advanced combat logging or something. As a result warcraftlogs appears to just take the overall % from the left column and put that in the ilvl column, so that'll pretty much make anyone feel bad! You're probably doing better than you think, but because warcraftlogs doesn't know your ilvl it can't tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    You either were Rupturing with less than 4 CPs or I really have no idea why such a low damage contribution with Rupture ( avg. cast 570k? )

You're maintaining the EP uptime to ensure a good damage bonus, I get that, but you don't have to do it with Rupture, you should try as much as possible to renew it with 6 CPs, even if it means "gutting" a lil' bit of the EP uptime by pooling a lil' more
    Okay cool. That was definitely something that was bothering me because I felt super bad any time I couldn't use a 6pt. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyEvilKiwi View Post
    Actually that log doesn't list anyone's ilvl, so perhaps whoever is doing the logging has not turned on advanced combat logging or something. As a result warcraftlogs appears to just take the overall % from the left column and put that in the ilvl column, so that'll pretty much make anyone feel bad! You're probably doing better than you think, but because warcraftlogs doesn't know your ilvl it can't tell you.
    This is interesting...I'll let my guild leader know. That could change a lot of things. Thank you!

First thing I notice, low uptimes. Should always be over 90% uptime on garrote and rupture. If you are killing the adds in the back then make sure you refresh them on cenarius before you move to adds. Use your shadow step and sprint to get around and to clear brambles on the ground.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=12

This is mine from last night, biggest thing I notice is your rupture damage per cast is a third of what mine is. I suspect you aren't using 6 CP ruptures which you should be using on as many targets as possible.

Edit: Also you guys should save your bloodlust until his last phase.
    Last edited by EntropyWarrior; 2016-10-18 at 04:56 PM.

Looks like you guys are having trouble with brambles, which targets ranged and they're supposed to kite away from everyone. Then they should be clearing them as needed. You should really only be cloaking in emergencies and when melee is trapped in, though that shouldn't really happen too often if they're doing brambles properly.

You had 7 deaths in the first 5 min on that last pull. Most of those were due to brambles, but it looks like you guys also weren't killing wisps fast enough either. Once you can do the brambles mechanic easily, the fight becomes ez for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by milkbonez View Post
    Looks like you guys are having trouble with brambles, which targets ranged and they're supposed to kite away from everyone. Then they should be clearing them as needed. You should really only be cloaking in emergencies and when melee is trapped in, though that shouldn't really happen too often if they're doing brambles properly.

You had 7 deaths in the first 5 min on that last pull. Most of those were due to brambles, but it looks like you guys also weren't killing wisps fast enough either. Once you can do the brambles mechanic easily, the fight becomes ez for the most part.
    As the fastest recharging and most effective bramble clearing tool, you should absolutely be clearing with cloak/sprint every time they are up. Make raid leaders happy, man.

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    As the fastest recharging and most effective bramble clearing tool, you should absolutely be clearing with cloak/sprint every time they are up. Make raid leaders happy, man.
    I guess it depends on raid makeup. We have multiples of pally, hunter, spriest, and other classes that can clear brambles so we're not really drawing straws to see who does it.

Rupture should be your top damage, mine makes up about 30% of my total damage done, your uptime is somewhat low, here is my one for last kill.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=17

Compare the average cast for example, work on maintaining your rupture. I was 861 at the time of that kill.

Thank you all. This has been extremely helpful! I will update this Wednesday after our next raid to see if I became any less shit.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    first thing i notice is the amount of rupture casts, 26 times vs my own kill i had 16 casts.
    my avg dmg per cast was 1.78mil vs your 551k, this tells me you "waste" quite alot of CP on refreshing your rupture way to early.
    the earliest i even refresh is around 4.5sec left, and if i did a vanish--> rupture 6pt i would let it go all the way out and refresh just as it fades.

so what i would do is basicly try and manage your CP usage better, dont refresh rupture at 4-5 CP, always get the 6, and only refresh below 4.5sec.
    managing this is not very hard and i would suggest getting some weakaura trackers to make it even easier.

and if you have problems, use dummys... alot... they really help with managing CP and energy

hope this helps abit

10+ Year Old Account
    Cenarius is a weird one.

I personally decided not to constantly refresh rupture on Cenarius because it fuckin rapes your hit points when you switch to adds and thorns are active. As someone who relies on your bleeds so heavily, this is not a great fight for us UNLESS you are aloud to whore through healer pressure.

As a result of not whoring my rankings dropped from 95th percentile, to almost 25th percentile but the kills were much cleaner.
    Last edited by Chemii; 2016-10-19 at 01:59 PM.

Tonight attempt (to follow). Slightly different talents. Significant improvement? But what else can I do?

New logs from tonight, again, because he is a forum scrub.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    "And lo, the spaghetti fell from his pockets like a horse off a mountain, in the image and likeness of His Almighty Noodliness."
    - Nessie 3:50

Do you not have poison bomb golden trait?