10+ Year Old Account

Starfall Prophecy to introduce Raid Locks per boss and Raid Karma

Better late than never, something Raiders have been asking for for a while is coming to Rift in the Expansion Starfall Prophecy, individual locks to a boss and not an entire Raid ID.

Rift now comes with the new method of locking. Players now only get locked to bosses they have defeated in the current week, allowing people to continue with a different group instead of being locked out for the rest of the week
    Also coming is something called Raid Karma which was datamined weeks ago but no one knew exactly what it meant, seems we do now:

Raid Karma is being implemented too to help players rate other players. The dev team made it very clear that it's not about a player's score getting too high or too low. It's just to give a simple first glance to see if a person’s company is enjoyable or not.
    Not sure how well this will work out, plenty of twats out there so will be interesting to see how they get rated

All this was from a review article on a game site, nothing 'official' has been announced yet so make of it what you want.

Source Article: https://dvsgaming.org/game-preview-r...fall-prophecy/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Not sure how well this will work out, plenty of twats out there so will be interesting to see how they get rated
    Like you ? Now you can downvote all this bad bad "L33t,Pros" you dont like, and ppl can punish the ppl who carry them if they get told they suck/need to be replaced, a casuals dream isnt it..

And from the other side, if you are a casual/suck/have a bad day you get downvoted by ppl who need to carry you.

Its either a pointless stupid system, or it "works" and will be abused period.

One of the most stupid ideas for a "Raid System" i have ever heard of, but then Trion Devs are so out of touch with the game its no suprise

Please post respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-10-16 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Also coming is something called Raid Karma which was datamined weeks ago but no one knew exactly what it meant, seems we do now:

I have to say that sounds absolutely awful. They know DAMN well its going to be used to harass and bully people and are going ahead with it anyway. They can make all the excuses they like about it being used to judge how friendly a player is, that is not how the player base is going to use it. Not at all.

It's just going to be another tool to segregate players further, and any attempts to take the power to use it as such from players is going to result in it being totally worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I have to say that sounds absolutely awful. They know DAMN well its going to be used to harass and bully people and are going ahead with it anyway. They can make all the excuses they like about it being used to judge how friendly a player is, that is not how the player base is going to use it. Not at all.

It's just going to be another tool to segregate players further, and any attempts to take the power to use it as such from players is going to result in it being totally worthless.
    Well of course they will make excuses for it. Oh this player helped another guy to do a boss constructively. Incoming downvoting for it. Nice to see a harassment system coming to Rift now maybe people will realise that the devs have 0 interest in that game anymore.

Its basically to turn the game into a casual players dream/cash cow as much as possible.

Remove the "elitist" twats with the system, only the casual remain, will never finish the raids in time, giving them time to fix stuff.

The karma system is so that people act like decent HUMAN BEINGS and not faceless avatars. Honestly how many of you have been screamed at by a 13 year old in a raid vent? Yeah it would be nice to know if that guy is lurking out there.

It would be GREAT to know beforehand if someone is a loot ninja before I join a raid that person is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    The karma system is so that people act like decent HUMAN BEINGS and not faceless avatars. Honestly how many of you have been screamed at by a 13 year old in a raid vent? Yeah it would be nice to know if that guy is lurking out there.

It would be GREAT to know beforehand if someone is a loot ninja before I join a raid that person is in.
    Yeah because this system won't be abused. Surely not in a game that has so little players and so many hardcore fans right? Oh you don't agree with an opinion I posted in chat? Negative Karma incoming.

It will do no such thing.
    There will be "buddy" voting, bribery, bullying, and penalising anyone who wants to do anything remotely inconvenient.
    Popularity does not make a good player, because of hugely varying reasons why they are popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It will do no such thing.
    There will be "buddy" voting, bribery, bullying, and penalising anyone who wants to do anything remotely inconvenient.
    Popularity does not make a good player, because of hugely varying reasons why they are popular.
    ehh what kind of distopian nightmare MMO's have you been playing. I am pretty sure if Trion starts getting reports of people being black mail BTW WHICH CHAT LOGS WILL CLEARLY show then they will start banning people left and right or get rid of the system completely.

I say test it first. Raid Karma almost sounds identical to Post Karma on reddit.

ehh what kind of distopian nightmare MMO's have you been playing. I am pretty sure if Trion starts getting reports of people being black mail BTW WHICH CHAT LOGS WILL CLEARLY show then they will start banning people left and right or get rid of the system completely.

I say test it first. Raid Karma almost sounds identical to Post Karma on reddit.
    We have seen what "reports" have achieved in wow.
    There is a reason why such systems are not widespread.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    We have seen what "reports" have achieved in wow.
    There is a reason why such systems are not widespread.
    Pretty much. Been proven these systems are easily abused and they will be. Especially with the type of hardcore fanbase Rift has. They will literally downvote/report players for not agreeing with their opinion that Rift is the best thing since sliced bread
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-17 at 01:34 AM.

Zomato the MMO? Sounds like a terrible idea.

Been doing IA's loosely over the past week, since I got that free 15 days of patron from Altas Reactor. The only time I got pissy was when I arrived late to a boss and he one shotted me right before dying... no one rezzed me. Like, over an hour of being the only healer and saving all their asses, no rez. Chatted with a couple people here and there.

I think i'd have ok raid karma. I can see something like that being abused in most games.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    More than a bit annoyed with this constant word-play Trion uses.
    It adds to the increasingly public perception of their company being misleading.

First it was the 13th, now it's "the week of the 17th", so it could be this Friday, or Sunday even - if you assume the week begins on Monday.

I suspect the so-called "beta" will be alpha quality.

Personally, at this point, I don't see the "live" content patch going live this year at all - unless it's essentially a beta quality.
    I also sincerely don't see the 5th new zone and only 10 man raid going live till next year.

Those (only) 2 new dungeons for this new content B2P patch DLC are going to get tired real fast.

This RAID KARMA nonsense is a bad idea. It is far too open to abuse.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-10-17 at 07:25 PM.

You win the roll on a trinket over the 6 other Mages in the raid - Instant bad Karma. You don't have some obscure Necro/Archon/Arbiter hybrid your RL thinks you need and you get bad Karma. You miss an interrupt and you get bad Karma. Just this evening I had someone raging at me because I bought out the runes they intentionally listed on the AH cheap and relisted them for their actual market value. That one would have earned me a ton of bad Karma.

I'm sure Trion have good intentions behind such a tool, but all the good intentions in the world won't fix the fact that you're putting it in the hands of faceless avatar players. Which, of course, means that it's going to be used as a means to segregate and abuse players more than for anything worthwhile. It's not going to magically make people start being nicer to one another, and once the novelty has worn off it'll esentially end up as a means to report people for doing something you don't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    The karma system is so that people act like decent HUMAN BEINGS and not faceless avatars.
    Your premise is flawed. You are going to be judged by faceless avatars - exactly why this system is dumb. Like most things Trion do lately, very little thought was given to it.

I have a company page on FaceBook. I have had the "1 star rating" by several people who have never, ever dealt with my company.

I assume it is because they liked my page and were miffed they never won one of my competitions I run from time to time. Attempts to contact them result in me being ignored or blocked.

No text, no reason given, just sheer malice, jealousy and spite.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-10-17 at 10:31 PM.