Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    If they give traps to all Hunters there is literally no reason going survival and you Might aswell delete the spec
    Delete away, then. It's not like any hunter is seriously going survival just to have access to traps right now anyway.

It is really really silly they make 5mans super important then take away everyones CC. Glad they are working on it.

suck BS that we have to wait till 7.2 to get any serious tuning. that should atleast bandaid BM till the tuning my allowing all our attacks to ignore armor.
    PC: CPU - i7-4790K, MoBo - MSI Z97 gaming 5, Memory - 16G Corsair vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU - EVGA 970 FTW edition, Storage- 1x Sandisk X400 M.2 512GB, 1X WD blue 1TB HDD, 1x WD green 1TB HDD, PSU - EVGA 550W 80+ bronze.

Would be pumped if traps came back to Hunter.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Delete away, then. It's not like any hunter is seriously going survival just to have access to traps right now anyway.
    Said the dragon slayer...

Said the dragon slayer...
    Dragon slayer, Dreamer, Immortal, Defilers end, Delver of the Vaults, Empire's Twilight, Firelord, Light of Dawn, Mistwalker, Saviour of Azeroth - and many many other titles. What exactly does it have to do with anything?

I mean, lets be fair; Do you actually know of any hunters that have chosen to play a melee because of their "utility" in terms of traps, over either BM or MM? Or have they chosen Surv because it's what they wanted to play? Because as I see it, it's likely not the traps that makes or breaks anything.

(And for that matter, Survival, the only hunter spec that LITERALLY goes face to face with the enemies being based around *traps* is hilarious in it's own right. When was the last time you heard of anyone using a trap in a hand-to-hand combat scenario? As a class fantasy goes, it's pretty fucking shitty; Traps are to be used while hiding and engaging enemies at a distance, in order to AVOID hand to hand).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAviator View Post

---Snip---

The next phase of iteration will focus on talent rows that seem devoid of choice, often because there is one dominant "correct" option.

We already saw what this will be like with the Posthaste row. Yes, they changed one talent to be be more appealing, but also nerfed the dominant option.
    Jumping in with a late reply im afraid.
    This leads me to believe that somewhere down the line new change to movement row, Trailblazer, will get nerfed down the line as it looks far dominant for PvE, leveling or world content. Outside of that Posthaste for PvP still looks dominant.

As Survival hunter i see a lot of issues in mechanic it self which cant be solved by simple boost to our skills.
    Further more.. im not sure WHY they even removed traps in the first place. Hunters dont have much of survivability skills at all and traps were one of them. They fit "class fantasy" too as "Legion is expansion all about class fantasy" as they said on their stream.

As a Survival hunter, even so giving traps to other hunter specs can easily mean benching me, i do support returning of traps for all specs. Atleast some of them.
    Well see how it will play out, but obviously there were some design errors made even since alpha/beta when blizz pushed trough with their mindset ignoring community's warnings of underperforming when in first major patch survivals skills are getting buffed by 50-100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

If they give traps to all Hunters there is literally no reason going survival and you Might aswell delete the spec
    If traps is the only thing going for it, they might as well delete it anyway.

Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by delzao View Post
    Sounds good to me.
    Meh im kind of ok with it... or or hear me out blizzard could just make surv a 4th spec instead of gutting surv as a ranged spec. I mean I have pretty much no interest in melee hunter you know, got like rogue and warrior for physical melee but at this point blizzard will stick to the whole melee shit like flies on shit so just give us our other spec back and let the people who like the new one keep it. Not like 4th spec is unprecedented druids got it to.

Edit: Considering the nerf to posthaste in this patch my faith in what blizzard will do to make other talents more attractive is extremely shaky right now. There are 5 hunters in the top 100 players in the game right now (according to http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pvp-...players/hunter) which to be fair there are fewer dks and dhs than that atm according to the same sight. I just can't think a mobility nerf was needed in for hunters at this time, especially since hunters have very few amounts of hard cc/slows. Its starting to feel like world of gap closers already with demon hunters, sub rogues, the the shear mobility that lots of melee classes run with.
    Last edited by Carni; 2016-10-26 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    (And for that matter, Survival, the only hunter spec that LITERALLY goes face to face with the enemies being based around *traps* is hilarious in it's own right. When was the last time you heard of anyone using a trap in a hand-to-hand combat scenario? As a class fantasy goes, it's pretty fucking shitty; Traps are to be used while hiding and engaging enemies at a distance, in order to AVOID hand to hand).
    Yeah, always bugged me as well. Some parts of SV are very well tailored, and then there's a guy setting up an explosive device at his feet and putting the enemy on it, triggering the explosion. Something like attacking with your pet, dealing AoE damage and leaving a bleeding DoT (which is pretty much what ET does) would be better.