Healing class stacking question

So there I am, in raid, staring at Mythic Dragons, we're just taking a break, chilling till next pull and I hear my RL say something about holy priest and rdruids hots not stacking. Basically, the way I understood him was that if a rdruid has hots on someone, the hpriests hots will not stack on top of that player, or vice versa... I googled healing mechanics and couldn't find anything stating this. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any links to legion healing mechanics? Not sure if my raid group is just silly.

Also, heard some locks talking about that blizzard FORGOT to put in the lock buffs last tuning patch... is this true? Did the lock buffs not get updated and "forgotten" about or is this also just false... Again, tried googling "warlock buffs forgotten about" and didn't see anything regarding blizz forgetting to put in buffs

Thank you for your time and effort.

Nope, HoT's definitely stack, would be very silly if they didn't. You're RL doesn't know what they're talking about.

IRT lock buffs, fairly certain that's not true either.

What could even inspire your RL to think something that weird? He must've been fucking with you man.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

i'm not kidding, our hpriest is rerolling hpally because hpriest and rdruids are a "bad combo and don't stack"

he's mentally handicapped or trolling. there is literally zero basis for his claim
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

I'm confused. But I'd just /gquit with a leader like that haha.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

i wonder if they were just really really confused. There used to be a bit of an issue with disc vs hpala shields, but as far as I'm aware there's never been a hot stacking issue - and certainly not now.

Either that or you wanna find out what they were smoking...

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Nope, HoT's definitely stack, would be very silly if they didn't.

In classic wow that was how it worked basically

in classic there was a max number of buffs / debuffs that could be applied to any 1 target, so if there were too many debuffs on a boss, new ones wouls not apply.

to OP: maybe your RL means that those 2 classes are not good for class stacking (synergy of CDs, whatever), not because hots don't stack.

Yes, classic was very strange with the buff/debuff slots. I remember nobody being allowed to play arcane mages at the start because arcane missiles applied an (invisible) debuff, and bosses only had room for 8 debuffs at once, which made arcane impossible to play. Then they added more debuff slots but things were still limited. Like, all fire mages would share the same ignite debuff, so in raids with a lot of fire mages... let's just say whoever landed the first crit was gonna die real fast, but still probably be #1 on recount because all the ignite damage of all the other mages would keep being attributed to their dead body until the debuff finally dropped off the boss.

That was a really long time ago, though.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."