Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Or maybe they're just strong. WoW has crap scale of weapons in the first place. There are daggers bigger than some two hand weapons and they are wielded very effortlessly even by Mages.
    "Drink milk, you will be great" they live and die by these words. Thanks to all that calcium they grew stronger than even legion of skeletons.

What's the point of this thread?

It's just baseless assumptions.

Like, I could say that warriors are imbued by the collective strength of all the bunnies on Azeroth and thats why they are so strong, and it would be just as plausible.

I can crap lightning and fart thunder, but lifting heavy things is what you key in on?

Deleted
    Their taunting is magically effective.

Never liked how warriors got stuck with more realism in the lore, while all these other classes were made op gods with so little effort. You'd think every father would be sending their sons to be mages or something instead of warriors, when the payoff for the same effort is nothing in comparison.

Lorewise, when a band of heroes who at this point have become so powerful to match the other heroes in the lore, go and face someone like archimonde or sargeras, how believable will it be that a warrior is still among them pulling his weight?

still my favorite class, but damn the struggle is real

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There are abilities in the Warrior portfolio that, at least to me, hint at sources more mystical than martial. Abilities such as Titan Grip, Avatar, Thunderclap, Spell Reflect (a purely physical shield would not normally reflect fireballs, lightning bolts, or Arcane laser-beams) and a few others definitely appear to be in the mystical vein. I imagine that Warriors, through training and getting in tune with the primordial aspect of the Warcraft universe's racial identities, tap into a line of essentially magical power to enhance their own physical prowess or perform feats otherwise not possible. Their extensive training may also allow them to tap into the latent enchantments on their equipment in a manner other classes do not - drawing from magic embedded in their weapons and armor in a subconscious or passive manner to enhance their own prowess.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Never liked how warriors got stuck with more realism in the lore, while all these other classes were made op gods with so little effort. You'd think every father would be sending their sons to be mages or something instead of warriors, when the payoff for the same effort is nothing in comparison.

Lorewise, when a band of heroes who at this point have become so powerful to match the other heroes in the lore, go and face someone like archimonde or sargeras, how believable will it be that a warrior is still among them pulling his weight?

still my favorite class, but damn the struggle is real
    I think the reason why not every father sends his son to become a mage is the same reason why not everyone in western society becomes a doctor or lawyer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There are abilities in the Warrior portfolio that, at least to me, hint at sources more mystical than martial. Abilities such as Titan Grip, Avatar, Thunderclap, Spell Reflect (a purely physical shield would not normally reflect fireballs, lightning bolts, or Arcane laser-beams) and a few others definitely appear to be in the mystical vein. I imagine that Warriors, through training and getting in tune with the primordial aspect of the Warcraft universe's racial identities, tap into a line of essentially magical power to enhance their own physical prowess or perform feats otherwise not possible. Their extensive training may also allow them to tap into the latent enchantments on their equipment in a manner other classes do not - drawing from magic embedded in their weapons and armor in a subconscious or passive manner to enhance their own prowess.
    Thank you, this is kind of what I was trying to describe the way I view PC warriors in Warcraft but you wrote it out much more eloquently.

I imagine warriors passively wielding magic - which is to say, not in the way a mage or a paladin might wield some force, but it being inside them, and making use of it.

What magic? Possibly the Spirit element, the same one monks wield. Alternatively, they tap into Azeroth's own Titan powers. Which makes sense given their connection to Titan stuff in Legion.

Furthermore, you have to remember that a powerful warrior's weapons and armor are enchanted and inscribed with runes, allowing them to accomplish deeds such as hitting ghosts. I also RP my warrior as being a rune-mancer of sorts, an ability that was enhanced by befriending the Valarjar.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    I'm a hunter, I can disengage myself off that bridge myself WITHOUT your help.
    nice! you got me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors obviously have some sort of energy that imbues their abilities, as Monk's passively channel the spirit element, Warriors likely passively channel Fire and Earth.

Well if we are talking passive magic we must consider difference of races and difference types of "magic". In lore each race have different muscle strength and natural/superficial affinity with different types of magic.

As example I imagine gnomes use their tech and arcane magic to compensate their poor strength in larger scale where as dwarves/orcs/tauren do rely more muscles and bit of nature/spirit magic.

What warrior-class as playable can do has nothing at all to do with lore. Like with most classes what they can do and wield are made up just for cosmetic enjoyment and gameplay reasons.
    Last edited by Thokri; 2016-10-22 at 05:49 PM.

Would be awesome if we got class specific character customization. Warriors could get titan rune tattoos and scars, Warlocks could get glowing green eyes and demonic horns, Druids could get leaves and flowers in their hair, Etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a while in WoD alpha/beta, warriors had an ability to ignite their weapons with flame at will. Blizz ultimately did away with that (it was off the GCD and Blizz removed most of those kinds of abilities), but the fact that it was added at all definitely suggests that warriors canonically have more than purely physical prowess.

As others have noted, several of their other abilities do as well. Avatar invokes physical transformation, Bloodthirst is borderline vampiric, and of course there's the thunder/lightning aspects of Thunder Clap and Storm Bolt. Dragon Roar is also noteworthy in terms of 'more than just strength'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well written post. Wish I could +1 it.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2016-10-22 at 06:40 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I think the reason why not every father sends his son to become a mage is the same reason why not everyone in western society becomes a doctor or lawyer.
    Well there's a difference between the different professions of a community and the different arts of power. We need people to take up different professions, so it all balances out. We don't need 10k soldiers when 100 mages can do more.

There's also the effort that goes into both. You can be a warrior, spend decades of rigorous training and honing your physical prowess, but a kid who spends a few weeks can beat you with a fire spell, or some freezing spell.

i think the reason we don't see more, is that it's a formula that almost all fantasy shares. Army of 10000's of soldiers and then there's that one powerful mage. Makes him seem so much cooler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    The joke is on you. I am a Mage both in game AND in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I just imagined odyn wearing hagrid cosplay grabbing random warrior and saying "you are wizard harry".