Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Making it legally binding?
    Because the referendum is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Take your own advice, please

- - - Updated - - -

Then it should be no hassle to simply make it legally binding by having the parliament vote on it and "represent the electorate" by said vote.
    Well if it is just to ratify the vote then I wouldn't have an issue with it, though I suspect that is not the intention of many MPs.

I think people love to see disaster everywhere - it's fear of the unknown that causes a lot of disaster forecasts.. think for a moment, why aren't the fear mongerers taking this as a bold new opportunity and running with it? Because they're afraid. It's not because it actually is a disaster. it's a new situation that has a lot of promise, but they're so use to the previous one they had a good handle on, or rather familiarity on, and now that's gone, uncertainty is causing them to fear and could lead to panic.

Well you should stop panicking, stop needing to be managed.. look at yourself, we're in this situation, every cloud has a silver lining. There are some huge positives from brexit, but you're not going to take advantage of them if you're stuck in the past. The EU is the past, get moving with the times or you'll be left behind complaining about something that won't come back, to no avail but making you more depressed, angry and doing something foolish down the line because you can't handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    Well if it is just to ratify the vote then I wouldn't have an issue with it, though I suspect that is not the intention of many MPs.
    So instead of having them own up and make it official you want to leave them the option of just pretending to respect the vote and do their own thing on the sly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    I'm pretty sure neither of you know what Second World means.
    I'm pretty sure neither of you highlighted my post

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And the difference between a representative democracy and parliamentary democracy is negligible. In either example CETA would now be in force. However the democracy practiced within the EU is more akin to that practiced within the DPRK.
    The difference between a representative democracy and a parliamentary democracy is negligible? Wheren´t the Brexiteers all for self determination and the likes?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And the difference between a representative democracy and parliamentary democracy is negligible. In either example CETA would now be in force. However the democracy practiced within the EU is more akin to that practiced within the DPRK.
    Considering that CETA is pretty much TTIP lite v2 with a different name and Canada. Thank God, Allah, Jesus, The Holy Ball, Holy Spirit, Baal, Mars, Zeus, Nurgle, Khorne, Thor, Loki and the horse he had sex with and every Deity, Demigod, Wannabe God that it is not going into effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The difference between a representative democracy and a parliamentary democracy is negligible? Wheren´t the Brexiteers all for self determination and the likes?
    Also, you can be a representative democracy and a parliamentary democracy at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Considering that CETA is pretty much TTIP lite v2 with a different name and Canada. Thank God, Allah, Jesus, The Holy Ball, Holy Spirit, Baal, Mars, Zeus, Nurgle, Khorne, Thor, Loki and the horse he had sex with and every Deity, Demigod, Wannabe God that it is not going into effect.
    Ceta really isn't that bad.
    Canada is the EU's bitch in comparison to TTIP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Also, you can be a representative democracy and a parliamentary democracy at the same time.
    I have no idea where he was going with that sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.