Deleted

Shadow priest stat priority when using Mangaza's Madness and Shadowy Insight

Need a little help with stat priority and seen as I've got the belt and am using SI because of it I'm assuming Crit isn't as huge of a deal so should I just stack mastery after reaching haste breakpoint or is crit still worth?

I've suggested that crit's value drops some, but still does not drop below mastery. Keep stacking haste and crit.

Deleted
    Belt =! guaranteed SI use.

SI is better if you have less than 20%crit on Ursoc, Nythendra and Elereth.
    AS will be better on every other boss, even below 20%crit.

However, if you insist on using SI (maybe you like the playstyle more), it definitely decreases the worth of crit, but I highly doubt that it makes mastery better.

I got the belt a few days ago and i was really hyped that i was going to add some spice on my fixed trait build.
    Unfortunately i went back to AS after a few days.

- - - Updated - - -

If we had a way to spread SW:Pain on multiple mobs the Belt + SI combo would be great with sphere of insanity. On single target its ok but AS seems to come up on top since it synergizes with both SWP and VT.
    At least on a Haste - Crit focused itemization.

Deleted
    So even with the belt use AS on all the non single target bosses? I was thinking this with the mad insanity gain from AS in stm but was having too much fun with SI guess I'll swap back over now ;_;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreggles View Post
    So even with the belt use AS on all the non single target bosses? I was thinking this with the mad insanity gain from AS in stm but was having too much fun with SI guess I'll swap back over now ;_;
    Sadly yes, and as long as they don't include any scalling in it, AS will always be better.
    They could just make it exactly like the spirits, and make it proc when SW:P critically strikes, but no, let's give it a fixed 10% chance.

I think for S2M AS is always better... this is because we really need those AS procs when we are in late s2m in 80+ stacks. I think for late s2m mind blast cast is pretty close to a global cd so the instant cast is really not that beneficial. Also in late s2m the cd of mb is about 2-3 seconds therefore its really not that vital to have mb charges refreshing so often. AS provides a nice steady generation of insanity which is the absolute most important thing in s2m and its not worth taking SI over.

Quote Originally Posted by socomdan View Post
    I think for S2M AS is always better... this is because we really need those AS procs when we are in late s2m in 80+ stacks. I think for late s2m mind blast cast is pretty close to a global cd so the instant cast is really not that beneficial. Also in late s2m the cd of mb is about 2-3 seconds therefore its really not that vital to have mb charges refreshing so often. AS provides a nice steady generation of insanity which is the absolute most important thing in s2m and its not worth taking SI over.
    This makes a lot of sense to me. I have had issues reaching the 100 Club using SI and legendary belt. I've recently been playing with AS and I, too, think that it has more merit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by socomdan View Post
    This is also the reason imo why the belt is so strong, you can just stop casting MF on high stacks, since MB recharges faster than you can cast it. VB+MB with the occasional SW: D and you never have to cast MF above 70stacks.

I was actually a bit let down by the Legendary belt after getting it since i believe it was our BiS legendary and would work really well with SI. Alas AS is still superior unfortunately with S2M.

honestly i think that people overvalued the belt compared to the other legendaries. if you look at warcraftlogs rankings for spriest legendaries, the belt does not beat out the shoulders for example on every fight (by looking at some percentiles the shoulders actually perform overall better than the belt as well).

of course it could just be the luck of the draw that the people with other legendaries besides the belt are better players but i think it's a decent sample size to see that it's not so clear cut with our legendaries having a "best" one.

Deleted
    The choice between DI and AS(assuming belt) comes down to your gear level and fight length.

What I mean by this is if you have the stats required to get to the 3rd Vtorrent(25cirt, 36haste ish), then playing AS will be better.

Also if the fight is long and the % of overall damage done by your S2M run is therefore lower, DI pulls ahead due to the out of S2M increase it provides.

Fwiw reaching the 3rd Vtorrent with DI is really really hard even on dummies, prolly not plausable in raids.

I guess nobody's concerned about losing 3-4% overall damage from void tentacles from not casting flay?

No, because it's RPPM. As long as you're not going minutes without casting even a single GCD of Flay, you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    The choice between DI and AS(assuming belt) comes down to your gear level and fight length.

What I mean by this is if you have the stats required to get to the 3rd Vtorrent(25cirt, 36haste ish), then playing AS will be better.

Also if the fight is long and the % of overall damage done by your S2M run is therefore lower, DI pulls ahead due to the out of S2M increase it provides.

Fwiw reaching the 3rd Vtorrent with DI is really really hard even on dummies, prolly not plausable in raids.
    The stats you have mentioned are a little off i think, I'm currently 23% crit (6,375), 37%haste (11,885) and 37% mastery (2359) and I don't have any issues hitting 3rd torrent. I think its been mentioned elsewhere that u get to your haste cap>23%ish Crit then Mastery scales better. As for running AS over SI, look at all the top priest parses whom have belt and you will see that on every fight they are using AS, even Ursoc. I've tried both SI and AS and i do more damage hands down with AS regardless of the situation

Deleted
    Well i did say (ish) on the numbers, depends on latency and skill for everyone.

And I also said the longer the fight the more it favours SI, so for 7m Nythendra kills DI can be better than AS.

the top guilds doing Ursoc in 4m flat, when S2m has over 50% uptime, yeah of course AS is ahead

Most decent guilds are doing it in 4-5 mins flat now days