Thread: DPS Help!

DPS Help!

Hey guys, I'm an 861 Rogue playing Assassin right now. I'm only doing around 300k dps and I know I should be doing way more than that at this point, I'd really appreciate if you guys could help me improve my DPS.

Here are the logs
    www(.)warcraftlogs(.)com/reports/nhPt8jyFbpd79g3K#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=40

and my armory
    us(.)battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Lyonnais/simple

Sorry for not direct links, still a really low post count :<
    Last edited by Lyonnais; 2016-10-19 at 02:52 AM.

Deleted
    I would try to lower your haste and up your mastery.
    Have you tried using the agonising poison build. It should be better at higher ilvl.

Are all your Ruptures being kept with 6 CPs? Your average damage "per cast" from Rupture seems a little low

10+ Year Old Account
    Speed matters when it comes to overall DPS and rankings, your guild isn't killing stuff fast enough, lowering your overall DPS.

You can work out why, pretty easy - it isn't you.

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Are all your Ruptures being kept with 6 CPs? Your average damage "per cast" from Rupture seems a little low
    I'm usually Rupturing at 5-6 CP's depending on the situation. If I'm about to vanish, or my Exsang rupture is about to fall off I would be Rupturing at 5CP most of the time it seems. Otherwise I'm 6CP Rupturing for Exsang.

Quote Originally Posted by VarroTigurius View Post
    I would try to lower your haste and up your mastery.
    Have you tried using the agonising poison build. It should be better at higher ilvl.
    I haven't really considered switching to AP considering my low mastery, I thought you needed atleast 100% mastery for AP to be better than exsang? And yeah I probably should be lowering my haste for other stats. I'll try to get some gear with no haste on them and see how it goes. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Speed matters when it comes to overall DPS and rankings, your guild isn't killing stuff fast enough, lowering your overall DPS.

You can work out why, pretty easy - it isn't you.
    I've actually never considered this, I agree we could be downing bosses faster but I still feel like my DPS is still pretty low for my ilvl. But, thanks

Thanks for the responses guys, I was able to get some loot from our raid last night(and I switched out my 865 chest for an 840 with crit), armory is updated. I'm at 43% crit and 53% mastery atm, I'm hoping the increased crit will help me out. Also, can anybody explain when you guys are pooling energy? I've just recently found out that you're supposed to be pooling energy(I know I'm shit :P).... I've read an interesting post on the WoW forums regarding another Rogue's rotation(?) and pooling
    I always rupture at 5-6 CP except in 2 places: on the opener (garrote-mut-rupture) and when I'm setting up for exsang. When exsang is coming up about 15 secs on cd I will use a 3ish cp rupture to get Rupture up over 24 seconds - mut to at least 5 cp - then I will pool energy To 90 or so, garrote at 2, vanish if possible, rupture, and cast exsang & kingsbane. This starts EP's 5 secs. In order to maximize it, mutilate to 5 or 6, wait til EP has .5 seconds left and cast envenom so it benefits from EP and refreshes it. Now you should have enough energy to get 2-3 mut's inside EP and refresh garrote without losing dmg.
    Just wondering how accurate and effective this is? Thanks again guys
    Last edited by Lyonnais; 2016-10-19 at 08:43 PM.