Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's something. Our lowest damaging ability so it is a start.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    Needed buff, but like others said before, not nearly enough. Hoping there's a lot more to come after this one, because this effectively doesn't move our overall DPS much more than a mere 2 or 3%, while we're already lagging behind as much as 15% (and I'd like to remind you, we were about even with most other specs when EN began, so that's how bad the scaling is right now).

They really really better buff our scaling, otherwise Unholy is always going to be lagging behind after Normal and Heroic modes. If they don't do anything about it, Unholy will see drastic reduction in player numbers during Nighthold. Maybe that would be an actual wake up call for Blizzard to actually address what's wrong with the class. But alas, that would be way too late for most dedicated players.

Well I guess looking at the frost buffs compared to Unholy's is it safe to say that frost will be a tad bit ahead of unholy until they either need frost back down or buff unholy up in later patches? Sad day for unholy I guess.

33% buff to DC is not that much but still something. Hope they do something to Double Doom too, like increasing the damage of DC or reducing the GCD with .5sec or make it cast 2 death coils instead of 1.

I'm with you guys. Its a very slow start, but a start nonetheless. Here is to hoping that we get some more touch up in the notes to come. The main and largest problem I have with it atm though is that I know blizzard has this "perfect plan" in mind and they really don't want to deviate from it. We can tell by the gear that is coming along with a Tier sets that they are super big on this whole DC kick. DC is carrying a lot on its back with Rune regen, SoW, possibly Necrosis, possibly Dark Transformation (If you use them) and the roles it will play with the tier set. But no one wants to fucking cast DC in its current state. I really just wish that they would open their minds just a bit and expand their horizons to "What could be?" instead of "How can we keep our vision the only vision?". Maybe I'm wrong though and just talking out my ass.

I think the DC buff is all well and good, and honestly I don't mind staying mid tier damage. My biggest hope for the patch is a fix to Wraith Walk. That ability is so bad, even with the glyph..

Deleted
    damage should be at least 100% increase, and take off the global cooldown, i would kind of like to see a talent / passive like we use to have that auto fires a deathcoil with a proc. like instead of sudden doom it would be better if scourge strike or auto attack just had a 10% chance to fire a death coil

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calai View Post
    I think the DC buff is all well and good, and honestly I don't mind staying mid tier damage. My biggest hope for the patch is a fix to Wraith Walk. That ability is so bad, even with the glyph..
    I wouldn't hold my breath. I really *really* doubt they will change DK mobility at all. I'm almost even surprised they're changing anything about Unholy at all, after weeks of player complaining without a single concrete answer (the most we got was that "I'll tell the devs about it" - complete silence after and before).

Call me pessimistic, but I just can't trust Blizzard when it comes to balancing. They were never good or fast at it, and it didn't start with Legion. Unless the class doing badly was Mage, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice our shittiest attack got buffed to be slightly less shitty
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

For Both DPS Specs

Army of the dead cooldown reduced to 3 mins
    Gargoyle reduced to 2 min CD
    Dark Transformation taken off the GCD
    Sindragosa's Fury reduced to 3 mins
    Breath of Sindragosa changed to a toggle (there really is no skill component anymore for this so no need for the "risk/reward CD")
    Obliteration reduced to 1 min

Sometimes its like they forget what expansion they are designing abilities in, Army is no longer the challenge mode utility spell it was in Wrath/Cata/MoP/WoD its a DMG CD that has a longer cooldown than BLOODLUST.

Blood DKs seems like they were designed with WoD resolve in mind or with WoDs philosophy of self sustaining tanks.
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2016-10-19 at 01:15 PM.

Dang, thats pretty exciting, been begging for a DC buff since beta.

Would like to see it get buffed a little further so that way it hits harder than DS, then DC will finally serve its purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    damage should be at least 100% increase, and take off the global cooldown, i would kind of like to see a talent / passive like we use to have that auto fires a deathcoil with a proc. like instead of sudden doom it would be better if scourge strike or auto attack just had a 10% chance to fire a death coil
    Pretty much what blood DKS had in WOTLK, yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    They really really better buff our scaling, otherwise Unholy is always going to be lagging behind after Normal and Heroic modes.
    I was thinking they should bring back the unholy might passive, it was our core passive since WOTLK.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2016-10-19 at 01:20 PM.

Let's hope more will follow up on this one. How much will the energy transferred to abomination matter though?

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    For Both DPS Specs

Breath of Sindragosa changed to a toggle (there really is no skill component anymore for this so no need for the "risk/reward CD")

Sometimes its like they forget what expansion they are designing abilities in, Army is no longer the challenge mode utility spell it was in Wrath/Cata/MoP/WoD its a DMG CD that has a longer cooldown than BLOODLUST.

Blood DKs seems like they were designed with WoD resolve in mind or with WoDs philosophy of self sustaining tanks.
    Dark transformation being on GCD should have never happened.

Gargoyle CD change might be a bigger buff than I think and make valk the only choice on that tier.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is a good start, but death coil is not the answer....
    What's your safe word?

Quote Originally Posted by Gridsquare View Post
    This is a good start, but death coil is not the answer....
    I mean I do want apocalypse on a 30 second cool down mostly because I freaking love hitting that button.

I really don't see Death Coil being taken off the GCD, and honestly it doesn't need to be, it just needs to be worth that GCD, this buff helps, but could be a bit higher, I would be happy if it was good bit higher but consumed a bit more runic power. I also think/agree that double doom's second coil should just be auto cast.

Now some of our other abilities such as Dark Transformation yeah that should come off the GCD.

Would be interesting to see AOTD reduced to a 3 minute cool down.

I also kind of wish Soul Reaper was baseline, hate that they took default abilities and made them talent choices.
    Last edited by Casterbridge; 2016-10-19 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    For Both DPS Specs

Speaking from UH point of view:
    Army should be 5 minutes at most, 3 minutes would be fine even, so I agree with you there. The damage per CD in minutes is absolutely atrocious, the worst in the game by far and large. It was understandable back when the ghouls could taunt and tank somewhat, even for a little bit, but that has been gone for far too long for this huge cooldown to be justifiable. It's simply insane, how a spec that is supposed to be centered around summoning dead and spreading disease, somehow has it's most iconic spell be so bad. Army has been reduced to a spell that you cast 6-7 seconds before a pull and forget about it, with the very very rare exception where you can save it for later, if the fight has an interruption in it where it is worth casting. Damage is low, cooldown is high, utility is zero, makes absolutely no sense.

I disagree with 2min Gargoyle, but I do think that both Gargoyle and Valkyr need buffs. If you reduced it to 2min, Valkyr would be the only talent choice for the last talent tier. Furthermore, there's a trinket in Nighthold that has a chance on attack to reduce the CD by 5sec, so that would reinforce the talent even more. They merely need to buff it's damage. Gargoyle is a 3min CD that does 800k damage total over time. There's classes with 1min CDs, or 1:30 CD that do at least double that, even more with crits (which I believe Gargoyle can't crit, but I'm not sure now and can't check). The damage is extremely low. Again, we're supposed to be a pet class, and the big pet CD sucks. Valkyr just needs tuning to be a good alternative to SR, it's actually not too bad on itself, might even pull ahead with that Nighthold trinket. Both could use not being on the GCD either, no clue why it has to be that way.

Dark Transformation definitely needs to not be on a GCD. Why it was ever considered as one is a mystery to me, and how it made it to live is even more stupid. It feels like a dead GCD whenever you have to press it, but not doing so is a DPS loss. Terrible.

I remember them saying in the past that they don't want many spells to be off the GCD because a lot of players could simply macro the spell with their main abilities and just forget about it. I bet this is what they were thinking with DT. However, in this case, it doesn't make sense to macro DT with SS/FS/DC, because DT lasts for a good while and if you actually macro'd it then you could very easily DT your pet at stupid times such as when mobs are about to die in the next few seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a step in the right direction for sure. Death Coil is like a tax on the spec. Does next to no damage, you completely ignore it during high haste phases, only useful for fishing for RC or SoW procs.

I think UH just needs a bit more love in the single target department. Maybe a slight buff to FS.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

I've had enough with dumpster knight. I'll be rerolling to druid. Don't have any legendaries so I'll catch up quick.

Suffer well!