Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Kind of irrelevant but about the 10% shadowform buff, do you think we'll see any better numbers for TB and SoI?

Probably not a whole lot, TB is awesome though, even if it feels awkward in aoe.

Yeah it's pretty sweet having 3 TB's flailing around but the damaged never wow'd me, neither did SoI which I only recently got, both gold talents severely outclassed by trinket procs and hidden satyr, I wonder how our gold traits compete with other classes gold traits other than MH which in fairness we can't physically see how much damage it actually increased despite having huge VT and SW:P numbers on long s2m fights

I'm not sure, I know some other classes gold traits are just buffs to their skills like MH is for us. They really need to make TB spawnable with Sear and have it cast Sear instead.

Deleted
    People are truely overreacting to these changes.

Shadow doesn't need a direct 10% damage increase from shadowform so they had to do something. They are happy with StM being strong for the moment, as it makes us viable in end-game raiding. They will work on the other 100 talents: but it takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by madindehead View Post

Shadow doesn't need a direct 10% damage increase from shadowform so they had to do something. They are happy with StM being strong for the moment, as it makes us viable in end-game raiding. They will work on the other 100 talents: but it takes time.
    These changes aren't real, you know that yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by madindehead View Post

apparently it's misdatamined information anyway according to celestalons tweet

and yeah TB with sear would be nice but the time when you were only using a sear as a filler? Now It'd be cool if SoI did more damage so you got rewarded for the dot play style and continuing to our aoe sustained damage more rather than spamming sear, theres only so many adds that I will use sear not as a filler like imps in vault since no matter how high your mythics they still get bursted pretty quickly

Well even if it just procced off of sear and still cast flay would be an improvement. It would be great in mythic +7 and higher when we have more time to do a full rotation and 1-2 voidforms.

Why nerf the initial SWP damage and leave the dot untouched though? I don't see the point other than they think our "on the move" dps out of STM is OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    These changes aren't real, you know that yeah?
    Read the tweet again. It doesn't say the changes aren't real. It says shadow isn't getting nerfed, and that it's misleading data mining.

I read that as, the changes are real, but aren't a nerf due to the 10% increase from SF.

I did read the tweet and going from it, I'm taking the entire set of datamining as incorrect. Until I see a patch note from blizzard stating changes, the changes that were datamined aren't real.

Just another example of how out of touch Blizzard is with the reality of their own game. The only reason why shadow tops any meter, or gets anywhere close is because of S2M, and without that talent, we're mediocre at best. The funny thing is Blizzard has already acknowledged that S2M is too powerful and the other options are crap, so what are they doing? Balancing us around S2M and nerfing everything else. /golfclap

They needed to buff some of the damage maybe, but reduce the affects of S2M and change the other talents to be competitive. That's the only fix that would have been a good fix. I get the fact that shadow form is coming to give us a buff to shadow damage. That's a good thing, but I'm fairly certain the overall change will be lower damage. Again, we needed lower damage over all, but it needed to come in the form of a change to S2M.

What really pisses me off about this whole situation is the fact that Blizzard was alpha / beta testing this expansion for almost a god damn year, while we were forced to play literally the worst expansion in the history of the game, and after all the waiting priests are a broken class.

I did read the tweet and going from it, I'm taking the entire set of datamining as incorrect. Until I see a patch note from blizzard stating changes, the changes that were datamined aren't real.
    We must have read different tweets, because he used the word "misleading" not "incorrect." Why would he use a vague descriptor like "misleading" when an obvious one exists? They're not giving Shadowform 10% straight up, that would be absurd, stupid, and unnecessary. This all adds up to an obfuscated 1% nerf, under the guise of "doing something" when it addresses exactly 0 issues.

Because it's Celestion lol, who knows what goes on in his mind.

Or you could just... you know... log onto PTR and see for yourself.

Using the exact same gear, same target dummy, no procs, etc:
    Live Mind Flay: 21418
    Live Mind Flay (Void Form): 25701
    PTR Mind Flay: 19632
    PTR Mind Flay (Shadowform): 21595
    PTR Mind Flay (Void Form): 25522

So yes, they basically negated the shadow form damage bonus.

Mage changes are also on PTR by the way. Arcane charges increase mana cost by 125% now as suggested by the datamined notes.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-10-19 at 04:56 PM.

I'm at work atm, so I can't really. That's interesting though. I wonder what's the issue with the datamining then.

I don't think there's an issue, just Blizzard using datamining as a scapegoat when people complain about the changes.

Hmm that definitely sounds like something Celestion would do.

hey gang, lets nerf all ur skills, too bad surrender to madness is the problem derp

I went to the PTR as well and did an ability comparison.Here are the results:

Live: ----- SF ----- VF
    MF ----- 25.6k ----- 30.7k
    SWP ----- 24.9 ----- 29.9
    VT ----- 47k ----- 58.7
    VB ------------ 142.8
    VoiTor ----------- 102.4

PTR ----- SF ----- VF
    MF ----- 25.8 ----- 30.5
    SWP --- 25(27.5 DOT) --- 29.6(33.7 DOT)
    VT ----- 47 ----- 57.9
    VB ---------- 140.6
    VoiTor ---------- 101.8

So as you can see, everything is pretty close. The dot on SWP is unchanged so far, as well as Mind Sear, so 10% increase for them.
    Last edited by Hendo741; 2016-10-19 at 08:59 PM.