Deleted

Fire mage viable in 3s?

How viable is fire mage currently in pvp? It seems that most(all?) mages are currently frost, why is that?

fire is still viable with RMD at high lvl arena, at mid range (2k- 2.2k cr) you can run some Ret/Fire/Healer, its all about preference i guess and teams u are facing, at NA tournament fire RMD beated Prot Pally/Feral/MW team. I also once met a boomy/fire/hpal a while back at sub 2k cr early in a season, that team was annoying to deal with as Ret :P

i noticed rmd prefers fire while rmhpal and rmp prefers frost at the regionals
    not sure why tho.

and jah was going the greater pyro spam build which was cool lol

Frost has more Surviveability. Fire is more burst DPS than long term.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostility View Post
    Frost has more Surviveability. Fire is more burst DPS than long term.
    Frost has more control with slows and pet freeze, but better ability to survive could go to fire with the blink HoT. Frost also has insane burst from Glacial Spike with fire being actually more consistent damage. Frost builds up for their huge burst, whereas fire has the Combustion burst and then consistent damaged when not in Combustion. Both specs can be considered Tier 1 in PvP right now.

If you had to decide between the two, the one you are more comfortable playing should be the only choice.

- - - Updated - - -

The overwhelming majority of the top 50 mages in 3s are frost. This is because frost has a lot of control. That being said, fire still has excellent damage and is very much viable in 3s. Arcane simply isn't at this time. If you are playing fire and enjoy it already, I say keep playing and learn your spec the best you can. If your sole focus is to be rank 1 and you aren't already invested deeply in the fire artifact, then reroll. Whichever you choose is going to be great so long as you learn the spec well.

Quote Originally Posted by keishton View Post
    i noticed rmd prefers fire while rmhpal and rmp prefers frost at the regionals
    not sure why tho.

and jah was going the greater pyro spam build which was cool lol
    Yeh i def enjoyed watching that build in action, even though i dont play mage myself (and usually dislike mages, i am Ret :P ) i enjoyed watching him play fire, something about fire spec makes it interesting for me to watch it doing pew pew