Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm not in favor of anarchy, I'm in favor of voluntaryism.

Taxation does work. Of course tyranny, dictatorships, and oligarchies also work.
    You are welcome to voluntarily leave the country and no longer benefit from it's roads, military, international standing, rights or court system. But I see no reason why you should receive any benefits if you aren't paying for them.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You are welcome to voluntarily leave the country and no longer benefit from it's roads, military, international standing, rights or court system. But I see no reason why you should receive any benefits if you aren't paying for them.
    I have every intention of paying for anything I use. Of course, that doesn't mean I have to go anywhere. I own land right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have every intention of paying for anything I use. Of course, that doesn't mean I have to go anywhere. I own land right here.
    You're using those things right now.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    I rather think I agree with them!
    Say Yirrah, you still play on Earthen Ring? Remember me, Koshma the troll rogue? Those were the days.
    You were a female troll shaman, right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    It really, truly, deeply is astonishing how hard it is for some (most) of you people to keep up with a conversation. Jesus Christ.

Helpful tidbit: I'm not the one bitching and crying about who made it to the final ballot. I'm not happy about it, but it IS democracy in action because that IS how democracy works. Instead, people like you ARE, in fact, bitching and moaning and threatening all kinds of mentally retarded things, all the while blaming everyone and anyone you can rather than accepting the reality of the situation.

Take your own advice, kiddo. But be sure to actually be informed and, you know, aware of the conversation you're in before opening your mouth, too.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you actually do.

I said that you (as a collective whole, not an individual, and I know how PAINFULLY hard it is for you little kids to accept that you're not a special snowflake and the world doesn't, in fact, revolve around you) should have actually done something to change the outcome rather than just piss and moan about the state of things, all the while refusing to accept the reality of the situation and instead continue on with your temper tantrums about how "old people" are out to get you. Or whatever ridiculous mentality you have going on there; it's impossible to tell considering how quickly you pivot at the drop of a hat when you're shown how idiotic and infantile you're being.
    You're acting like the people posting here didn't vote. You think people who couldn't be fucked to even vote are going to spend time posting in political threads on the internet? Are you stupid? This isn't just a random conversation someone overheard in a bar, this is people actually taking the time to click on and read a political topic and addressing it. The millenials who didn't vote are too busy on instagram and snap chat to post in political threads and probably would have hung the phone up when they got the call for this poll. You are using "you" to generalize to a whole generation? That's just beyond retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    fixed for truth
    Good fix, QFT.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You're using those things right now.
    Don't bother trying to explain society to somehow doesn't understands the basics of living in a community.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah, and the disconnect here between you and that other guy who said something similar before is that when the supporters of Bernie Sanders decide that Hillary doesn't deserve their vote, even if Donald Trump and the fear of the supposed "hellscape" that he will bring forth exists, and if these supporters of Bernie Sanders are then completely disillusioned because Hillary is such a horrible, horrible, horrible candidate, and they decide to vote for Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, abstain completely, or even vote for Donald Trump, people start bitching, whining and nagging about how those aforementioned supporters of Bernie Sanders aren't "getting involved", and start bullying them into voting for a specific candidate, whether that's Hillary or Trump.
    Bullying is wrong and I do not condone it. What I was getting at is getting more involved in the primaries. I was following the events closely. There were multiple states - could not recall, but I remember hearing this more than once - that Bernie lost because there were closed primaries. He had a throng of very enthusiastic followers - but apparently not sufficiently so to register and make a difference.

Admittedly, as a foreigner, I do not know how much hassle is involved in registering. What I know is that I would be ready to jump through quite a few hoops. Then again, I consider voting not a right, but a responsibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Bullying is wrong and I do not condone it. What I was getting at is getting more involved in the primaries. I was following the events closely. There were multiple states - could not recall, but I remember hearing this more than once - that Bernie lost because there were closed primaries. He had a throng of very enthusiastic followers - but apparently not sufficiently so to register and make a difference.

Admittedly, as a foreigner, I do not know how much hassle is involved in registering. What I know is that I would be ready to jump through quite a few hoops. Then again, I consider voting not a right, but a responsibility.
    IT was a fucked up mess. Different states had differently policies some people were unable to vote due to various reasons outside their control many changed parties to vote but their change wasn't registered other areas closed voting early.

Quite frankly ot was anything but a fair election and clearly rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Giant Meteor 2016: "I'm coming Harambe"

LMAO le funny le maymay XD im 14

That's what they say now....

It'd be even higher if the option was "a moderately sized meteor that destroys the white house"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.