Question Assassination Raid help

Hi guys, thanks for helping by the way, i love this community !

i started playing rogue this expansion, and starting raiding only on legion ( done a bit before but nothing more than normal pugs )

i just want to know what i am doing wrong, i can't put myself above 90% for my ilvl, i try as hard as i can but i can't manage it at all, seems like i can't find a way to exploit my class on all fights, i know the fights are really important and i need help to understand them better i guess, i'm never sure if i shoulkd spread bleeds all over the place to pad the meter or really focus on the important target, maybe thats why i can't go higher? i'm not padding the meters like others do?

can't post link but the guild is : Power Word: Fabulous on area 52

my name is Lamiss, probably the only rogue there

Quote Originally Posted by Coldice View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for helping by the way, i love this community !

i started playing rogue this expansion, and starting raiding only on legion ( done a bit before but nothing more than normal pugs )

i just want to know what i am doing wrong, i can't put myself above 90% for my ilvl, i try as hard as i can but i can't manage it at all, seems like i can't find a way to exploit my class on all fights, i know the fights are really important and i need help to understand them better i guess, i'm never sure if i shoulkd spread bleeds all over the place to pad the meter or really focus on the important target, maybe thats why i can't go higher? i'm not padding the meters like others do?

can't post link but the guild is : Power Word: Fabulous on area 52

my name is Lamiss, probably the only rogue there
    You are performing really well for your item level. 95th percentile in your ilvl bracket is seriously nothing to scoff at.

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    You are performing really well for your item level. 95th percentile in your ilvl bracket is seriously nothing to scoff at.
    thats not in all fights, on cenarius i am very low for example

Quote Originally Posted by Coldice View Post
    thats not in all fights, on cenarius i am very low for example
    Try this: ask your raid leader to assign one healer to heal the Cenarius tank and you ( you will be spanking Cenarius the entire fight :X )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Try this: ask your raid leader to assign one healer to heal the Cenarius tank and you ( you will be spanking Cenarius the entire fight :X )
    Wait, Assassination rogues should stay on boss instead of killing adds?

He is just giving an example at how you can parse well by screwing off raid mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisukaa View Post
    Wait, Assassination rogues should stay on boss instead of killing adds?
    He is just giving an example at how you can parse well by screwing off raid mechanics.
    Exactly :P

Deleted
    Wish I could do this, not sure people would go for it though :P

lol ok, so by the logs, no one can tell me what i can do better?

I mean, you aren't even using Potion of the Old war, prepotting+ burn potting is usually 5-7% more dps. I stopped there.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay, I took a glance at your cenarius fight and compared it to my own. I had roughly 290k dps on todays fight. What our main difference was is that I had 93% rupture up and 92% garrote uptime, and a lot more envenom (envenom is my second highest damage dealer).

Other than that, the difference between me and you is that I have agonizing poison instead of exsa. but yeah, my main concern would be the rupture/garrote uptime. And do you cleave the adds? Like dotting both of them with rupture? And you don't need to stay on cenarius during adds, just lay a 6pt rupture on him and go on the adds, less downtime or quite possibly none if you handle adds fast.

edit*

The part about potting and prepotting the post above me pointed out. You weren't even really trying :P

2nd edit*

I am ilvl 861 on my assa gear. Maybe should point that out. Not that big of a difference between our gear, but I do have 45% crit compared to your 42% and 80% mastery compared to your 69%. Maybe that can be useful?
    Last edited by Isoge; 2016-10-20 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isoge View Post
    okay, I took a glance at your cenarius fight and compared it to my own. I had roughly 290k dps on todays fight. What our main difference was is that I had 93% rupture up and 92% garrote uptime, and a lot more envenom (envenom is my second highest damage dealer).

Other than that, the difference between me and you is that I have agonizing poison instead of exsa. but yeah, my main concern would be the rupture/garrote uptime. And do you cleave the adds? Like dotting both of them with rupture? And you don't need to stay on cenarius during adds, just lay a 6pt rupture on him and go on the adds, less downtime or quite possibly none if you handle adds fast.

edit*

The part about potting and prepotting the post above me pointed out. You weren't even really trying :P

2nd edit*

I am ilvl 861 on my assa gear. Maybe should point that out. Not that big of a difference between our gear, but I do have 45% crit compared to your 42% and 80% mastery compared to your 69%. Maybe that can be useful?
    i try not to do dmg to cenarius to not kill myself, when he has his shield, i try to cleave , maybe not enough, i guess i just need to get better that's it, i'll try doing it your way !

It's also a valid strategy. We have two melee tunnel Cenarius (and kill tree when stacked on him) through the first two sets of adds, and one tunnel the entire time. You don't need everyone on the adds to kill them in a timely manner, and boss damage matters so you don't get the last dragon spawns. That's for Mythic, but there's no reason you can't do the same thing on other difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    It's also a valid strategy. We have two melee tunnel Cenarius (and kill tree when stacked on him) through the first two sets of adds, and one tunnel the entire time. You don't need everyone on the adds to kill them in a timely manner, and boss damage matters so you don't get the last dragon spawns. That's for Mythic, but there's no reason you can't do the same thing on other difficulties.
    My RL would probably smack me if I did this. As the top dps, my raid really needs me on those adds. I know you can tunnel the boss, but personally I can't. =/ Rip any hope at good parses.