Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

DPS Help - Enhancement

So far during EN my dps feels really lackluster and even on the fights I should do well in, such as ursoc, I dont do enough dps to make it seem reliable to take me to mythic. Any advice on what Im doing wrong?

My last attempt pulled 221k on Il'gynoth and I'm 863 ilevel.

33% Crit
    17% Haste
    57% Mastery
    3% Vers
    7% Avoidance

I am trying to remove the crit for haste or mastery but the loot fairy hasn't been nice. I do run hailstorm along with boulderfist and landslide.

(I would link logs and armory but new account and all that)

You didn't link logs, you didn't link your armory. Not even % of what your abilities did for x fight. It is literally impossible to help you.

You can link them if you break up the link for example warcraft . com / applesncake.

Just from looking at your stats though i Can tell theres something wrong with your gear you have low mastery and high crit.

Deleted
    eu.battle . net / wow / en/character/argent-dawn/Toralmir/simple
    www . warcraftlogs . com /reports/1zfHmFdcCkgTh8Y3#type=damage-done

I didn't realise I could do that.
    I did say I am aware of the stat issue and am working to fix it.

Just from a quick glance I see you lost frostbrand uptime. Gunna guess you lost flametongue too based on the number of hits. They both need 100% or as close as you can get.
    Too many LL it should only be used as a last resort dump to prevent overcapping, crash lightning with the talent should be used as your primary dump / rotation filler when SS isn't procing.
    If you can help it relics should be focusing on wind strikes if you can help it ( massive ilvl boosts beat that tho).
    Wolf damage seems low....... can't figure out why tho.

Basing this off the Ursoc pull btw as its the best tank and spank to check rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrass View Post
    Wolf damage seems low....... can't figure out why tho.
    It doesn't look like he is using crash lightning after he summons them.

I found this very helpful. Thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It doesn't look like he is using crash lightning after he summons them.
    Crash lightning doesnt boost their damage, only their AoE. If he's basing it off the ursoc pull, then its obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKrychen View Post
    Crash lightning doesnt boost their damage, only their AoE. If he's basing it off the ursoc pull, then its obsolete.
    It unlocks extra abilities for the wolves that boost their single target as well. Its why that the first major trait you go for.

Also its minor but I would not have gotten the lava lash trait till last.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKrychen View Post
    Not sure how the Ursoc pull in the same log as the Il'gynoth you linked is obsolete. >.>
    But no crash does boost wolf st as well as aoe same logic as using crash in single target its extra damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrass View Post
    Not sure how the Ursoc pull in the same log as the Il'gynoth you linked is obsolete. >.>
    But no crash does boost wolf st as well as aoe same logic as using crash in single target its extra damage.
    I think he meant crash lightning is obsolete because theres no aoe on heroic and he doesn't know that alpha wolves is a single target increase.

(talking about ursoc kill)

Major problems that need to be fixed ASAP:

Your Frostbrand is bad its only at 64% this should be at 95% ATLEAST. Its your top 3 highest damage as Enhance. If you fix this you will see a huge DPS increase.
    Can't find your flametongue uptime but i'm assuming thats bad too if you only have 64% uptime on Frostbrand.
    Doom Winds is a 1minute cooldown but you only casted 3 of them in a 4minute fight.
    You are using Lava Lash too much instead of Crash Lightning. Crash Lightning isn't just an AOE spell.
    You didn't use pots either

I recommend you do LFR Nythendra over and over again and just work on your rotation because it seems like you are just spamming boulderfist and lavalash while you wait for Stormstrike procs. Thats not how you play enhance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think he meant crash lightning is obsolete because theres no aoe on heroic and he doesn't know that alpha wolves is a single target increase.
    That and crash lightning is used rotationally on 1 target anyway, so you don't even have to go out of your way to activate it...

Deleted
    I'm not going to repeat what others said regarding your damage - everything they've told you seems spot on. I would like to comment on a few other things, though:

Ilgynoth is a horrible fight to measure DPS on. You are running from one target to the next, you might get focused by a corruptor tentacle, you might not be around to cleave the blobs down and so on. Way too much movement to really compare anything - which is why people are looking at your Ursoc kill instead.

As for Crash Lightning, if it's talented, it does more damage per maelstrom than Lava Lash does, making it worth casting on cooldown (but lower prio than your buffs and Stormstrike, of course). Here's the math behind it:

Lava Lash does 505% damage - but it's an offhand swing, so it's technically only 252,5% damage.
    Crash Lightning does 100% damage, and if talented it does another 84% damage over 6 seconds, for a total of 184% damage.

So you are looking at 252,5% damage for 30 MS (8,42 damage per MS spent) or 184% damage for 20 MS (9,2 damage per MS spent). This is not even counting the damage bonus you get to Stormstrike when you cast Crash Lightning, but that's another 54% damage* on top of that.

* Stormstrike does 600% + 600% damage (before armor) but the offhand swing is half damage, so it's technically (600% + 300%) x 1.06 - (600% + 300%) = 54% weapon damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    I recommend you do LFR Nythendra over and over again and just work on your rotation because it seems like you are just spamming boulderfist and lavalash while you wait for Stormstrike procs. Thats not how you play enhance.
    I just have one thing to ask here, instead of making a new thread about it.
    I play enhancement, we just killed Ursoc Mythic and I was just reading your post, and I thought.. why

If you have bouldefistbuff, flametounge, frostbrand with let say 8 sec left on all buffs. Stormstrike also has a 10sec CD, since you just used it. You now put down CL on the target. What do you do now? You say that OT spamming boulderfist and lavalash to get procs from stormstrike, and that that is not the way you play enhancement - well what is? What are you suppose to do if you have 80 maelstrom and just waiting for shit to get of cd or recast the "dots" ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    I just have one thing to ask here, instead of making a new thread about it.
    I play enhancement, we just killed Ursoc Mythic and I was just reading your post, and I thought.. why

If you have bouldefistbuff, flametounge, frostbrand with let say 8 sec left on all buffs. Stormstrike also has a 10sec CD, since you just used it. You now put down CL on the target. What do you do now? You say that OT spamming boulderfist and lavalash to get procs from stormstrike, and that that is not the way you play enhancement - well what is? What are you suppose to do if you have 80 maelstrom and just waiting for shit to get of cd or recast the "dots" ?
    You dont read all of his comment, dont you? You wrote something about having the flametongue and frostbrand buffs, but the OT did have the buffs on 65% uptime. Thats not enough. If everything is on CD you can spam BF/LL and wait for Procs, but dont if you have everything ready for use.

Well, in that situation and with 80 maelstrom, it's clear that using Boulderfist is your next move. You're now sitting at 105 maelstrom and considering that you started with 8s left on all buffs, after using Boulderfist second time you have 0 charges. However, your maelstrom is getting high so I guess it's already safe to use Lava Lash. Now you're two GCDs later, Flametongue is probably off cooldown now and already in pandemic stage, so you use it followed by Frostbrand (or vice versa).
    If you don't get a couple of Stormstrike procs by now, you Crash Lightning assuming you have enough maelstrom and then repeat the whole process.

To be honest, most of the time I'm dealing with multiple Stormstrike procs that just keep coming and thus I often have to hold them off to recast all the buffs (since their uptime is important).
    I'm very rarely in a situation when I have to wait for things to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norome View Post
    To be honest, most of the time I'm dealing with multiple Stormstrike procs that just keep coming and thus I often have to hold them off to recast all the buffs (since their uptime is important).
    I'm very rarely in a situation when I have to wait for things to happen.
    How much haste do you have? I have 5400 haste. Time to time I'm just standing with nothing to do. I have to recast the buffs, SS is on CD and I've just put down CL. Some times I can just stand there for 3-4 sec until CL is of cd again.. (Sure I can cast boulderfist/LL, but that just cost maelstrom)

Deleted
    How much haste do you have? I have 5400 haste. Time to time I'm just standing with nothing to do. I have to recast the buffs, SS is on CD and I've just put down CL. Some times I can just stand there for 3-4 sec until CL is of cd again.. (Sure I can cast boulderfist/LL, but that just cost maelstrom)
    Probably just a typo/mistake, but in case its not, please note that boulderfist gives you maelstrom.
    I have ~19% haste atm, but even when I was around 13% haste I didnt have much "waiting" in rotation,

There are these rare times where you have all buffs up and CL/SS are on cd and you are low on maelstrom. It happens and I always wondered what you should do in these cases. Well wordup answered this exact question on reddit. His answer was: "you wait!".

This means you don't use LL or even FB if you are low on maelstrom and your CL/BF/SS are on cd with FT/FB up already and not close to refresh stage. Waiting for 2-3 secs seems to be better than wasting maelstrom on LL.

PS. If any1 is interested about his opener he said its - BF>FB>FS>CL>FT>DW+SS and then you keep going with the rotation. He also said that you should try and have at least regular SS when you are about to use DW. Dont wait for SS procs to use DW. Hope this helped
    Last edited by Ohliuf; 2016-10-23 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noremis View Post
    Probably just a typo/mistake, but in case its not, please note that boulderfist gives you maelstrom.
    I have ~19% haste atm, but even when I was around 13% haste I didnt have much "waiting" in rotation,
    Elements yes, I hope that's a typo - because if he believes that Boulderfist *costs* Maelstrom, his world is about to change completely :P