Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Build me a $300 PC that can equal the performance of a ps4 or a $400 PC that can equal the performance of a Ps4 Pro. Consoles will always have a place as long as they are cheap because PC's can't beat them at there price. That is a simple fact.

If you go the used system route then that $300 ps4 is now $225 and there is no $225 PC that beats the ps4.
    Good luck trying to mod games on your PS4. Besides that, PC's aren't just used for gaming these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Good luck trying to mod games on your PS4. Besides that, PC's aren't just used for gaming these days.
    I give no fucks about modding but Skyrim Remaster, Fallout 4 and Farming Sim allow modding.

On XB1 for the most part if its a mod on PC it can be on XB1, On Ps4 its a bit more limited. I own a gaming PC and have yet to mod a game because like I said I give no fucks.

Consoles are also used for more then gaming. You can watch netflix,streams and even shop from ur console via the web browser. Not the best web browser in the world but it works.

Edit: Also you avoided what I said so thx for proving my point.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-31 at 09:25 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I never really liked consoles... went from a C64 to a Ami500 to my first IBM 486DX66 towards a Pentium 133 onward... the only consoles I played were a NES at my friends house and a PS1 at another friend's house.. I liked them at the time but I have always been a PC guy ... don't see the advantage of consoles.. well except it is cheaper but who cares about a few hundred ...

I currently have a 360, PS3 and yes, even a Wii.. never really used them except some hours of Red Dead Red. on my 360. and not planning on getting any current gen anymore... got myself a new machine (i7 6700, 32gb DDR4 and a GTX1080 instead)

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    well except it is cheaper but who cares about a few hundred ...
    Hope this is sarcastic

Consoles will always and forever be more dummy proof then PC's as well. There is less you got to deal with on consoles (Drivers, Chance of Virus's, Putting it together) then PC. Many people just want something that works out of the box and consoles do this.

There is benefits to both sides and nether is 100% better then the other.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consoles are just cheaply made underpowered PC's using outdated technology. They have no purpose in an age where custom built PC's are king for hardcore gaming and Smartphones are better for the more casual audience.
    And yet the PS4 is outpacing the PS2 (the greatest selling console of all time). There will always be a place for the people in the middle. The people who want an easy and reliable experience but still want to play core games. That's what consoles are for.

Try playing something like Witcher 3 on a smartphone. See where that gets you.

I give no fucks about modding but Skyrim Remaster, Fallout 4 and Farming Sim allow modding.

On XB1 for the most part if its a mod on PC it can be on XB1, On Ps4 its a bit more limited. I own a gaming PC and have yet to mod a game because like I said I give no fucks.

Consoles are also used for more then gaming. You can watch netflix,streams and even shop from ur console via the web browser. Not the best web browser in the world but it works.

Edit: Also you avoided what I said so thx for proving my point.
    I'm more than willing to shell out a bit more for a PC that can also be upgraded. With a console, what you see is what you get. Eventually it'll become completely obsolete and you'll just have to buy a whole new console which will more than likely not be backwards compatible with the older games. Unless you enjoy having multiple useless paperweights lying around the house taking up space.

Also, I like to take advantage of Steam Sales which I think offsets the costs of building a gaming rig. I prefer to wait to play games instead of spending $60 on release.

Deleted
    I bought a XB1 just for gears of war 4 so don't feel bad.

I have bought SOOOO many games and all I play is WoW. Its just a case of being burned out, take a break from games for awhile.
    Why would you buy an Xbone for GoW4. why not run it on your PC?

OT: I keep buying games and not playing them, GoW4 being the latest. I bought a Xbone, used it about 3 times in 2 weeks then sold it for under half the price i paid for it as i just CBA. I spend more time ( outside of WoW ) sat staring at my games library with Netflix on the TV feeling meh about playing something than is healthy.

I'm more than willing to shell out a bit more for a PC that can also be upgraded. With a console, what you see is what you get. Eventually it'll become completely obsolete and you'll just have to buy a whole new console which will more than likely not be backwards compatible with the older games. Unless you enjoy having multiple useless paperweights lying around the house taking up space.

Also, I like to take advantage of Steam Sales which I think offsets the costs of building a gaming rig. I prefer to wait to play games instead of spending $60 on release.
    Like I said there is pros and cons to both and nether is 100% better then the other. My Ps4 will be 3 years old in march and ill get at lease another 2-3 years out of it. My Gaming PC will also be 3 years old come march and ill get many more years out of it.

The difference is my Ps4 cost me $400 and my PC cost me $1000 (At the time). You get what you pay for but nether is 100% better over the other. You are willing to shell out more for a gaming PC and that's fine that fits you.

If your on a budget then console gaming will be better because of the up fount cost. If you got at max $500 and then maybe $60 a month after for games you get a console for $300 some games and so on.

Console's also have the resell factor when it comes to games. Titanfall 2 just came out and I can buy it for $60 play it get bored and sell it a month later for $30-$45. If I sell it myself I can easily get $40-$45 out of it because its still new. If I don't feel like selling it myself (To Gamestop) I can get $30 and buy another game or two.

You can game on the cheap with consoles and PSN/XBL sells are getting much better. Many times a game on those platforms sells for $5 or less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Why would you buy an Xbone for GoW4. why not run it on your PC?

OT: I keep buying games and not playing them, GoW4 being the latest. I bought a Xbone, used it about 3 times in 2 weeks then sold it for under half the price i paid for it as i just CBA. I spend more time ( outside of WoW ) sat staring at my games library with Netflix on the TV feeling meh about playing something than is healthy.
    Like I said on the first page....

I like owning hardcopy's of games and it gives me a another reason to get a XB1. There is a few games on there I need to play or go back and play again.

Also the pvp element of GoW4 isn't cross-platform and I have a feeling it will be dead on PC, just like GoW UE was.

Deleted
    Hope this is sarcastic
    No it is not sarcastic... My GTX1080 was 800 euro alone... how can a PS3,4.. whatever compete with that ? My entire PC was about 2000.. ok not cheap but not THAT expensive... if you can only afford 400 for gaming, then gaming isn't your hobby... or you are very young.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    No it is not sarcastic... My GTX1080 was 800 euro alone... how can a PS3,4.. whatever compete with that ? My entire PC was about 2000.. ok not cheap but not THAT expensive... if you can only afford 400 for gaming, then gaming isn't your hobby... or you are very young.
    I would love to live in the world you live in where $2000 isn't expensive. To answer ur question on how a PS4 Pro (I assume that's what you ment) can complete. The new Tomb Raider can run 4k 30fps on it and high quality graphic settings. The Last of Us Remaster will run native 4k/60fps.

If your spending $2000 for a gaming rig you are not making a cheap gaming system. You are making a enthusiast gaming PC and that is far far far from the majority. The most common high end graphics card (last checked) is a GTX 970 that is around $340 at release.

Your budget can be $400 and your hobby is gaming, its called buying a console.

They have no purpose in an age where custom built PC's are king for hardcore gaming and Smartphones are better for the more casual audience.
    It isn't "hardcore gaming" if you don't have the games. I'm not talking exclusives.

I'm talking about how Todd Howard is announcing Fallout 4 with XBox labeled everywhere. Fallout 4 will have mods!

...while Bethesda throws out a badly optimized version that still doesn't make use of multiple GPUs to the PC fans.

Fallout started on a PC. As an exclusive.

So did Call of Duty, GTA, Battlefield, Deus Ex, and Crysis- all of which are now developed for consoles first and ported (often horribly) to PC as an after thought. (I'm looking at you GTA IV and V!)

Then, of course, is the real shit shows like Rainbow Six (Another PC series!), Assassin's Creed, Batman Arkham Knight and No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    Then, of course, is the real shit shows like Rainbow Six (Another PC series!), Assassin's Creed, Batman Arkham Knight and No Man's Sky
    That blame falls squarely on the lazy developers who can't be bothered to do their jobs correctly. Don't think this is a problem that only PC gamers suffer. There have been numerous botched ports on consoles as well.

That blame falls squarely on the lazy developers who can't be bothered to do their jobs correctly. Don't think this is a problem that only PC gamers suffer. There have been numerous botched ports on consoles as well.
    First:
    Oh, No Man's Sky for example, had issues on PS4 for sure. Of course, the PC version not only had all those issues as well but also ran at about 10fps regardless of what hardware you had.

The PS4 also had several patches fixing most of the issues in a week or so. The PC version meanwhile... well. They'll fix the PC version eventually I'm sure.

Second:

The Devs aren't lazy. They just don't care about PC. Fallout 4, for example, isn't designed to go above 30fps. You know that right? On PC, where you can raise the fps above 30, your melee swings and gravity become quicker. The gameplay and balance itself actually breaks down the more hardware you throw at it.

In 2015.

Rocksteady Studios, meanwhile, developed their Batman games for consoles- it was a third party studio, Iron Galaxy, that ported it over to PC.

The Devs couldn't be bothered to actually port it themselves.

Do you know why? Because whenever someone is advised to switch from consoles to PC, they're usually told it's "cheaper" because you don't have to pay full price for games.

Steam sales! (Which already happened In. This. Very. Thread.) Just wait until the game is 80% off! Wait for the GOTY edition. Hell, I've often seen people recommend PCs over consoles because you can illegally pirate the games.

If the majority of your customers can't be bothered to pay your asking price, why should they be prioritized over another set of customers that do? If you have a rude, belligerent customer- do you dismiss the half dozen other customers for his sake or ask him to leave?

There's a reason nearly all PC exclusive series are now either exclusive/incentivized to consoles or, at best, multi platform. Half-Life and Counter-Strike, Diablo, Fallout, Deus Ex, GTA, Command and Conquer, the Witcher, System/Bio Shock, Doom, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Fable, Halo, Crysis, Minecraft, Need for Speed, Elder Scrolls...

And so on.

And so on.

But hey, now that Microsoft is forcing PC players to purchase Microsoft games legally offering PC copies along with every XBox copy sold... maybe things will begin to change.

Probably not though.

Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    If the majority of your customers can't be bothered to pay your asking price, why should they be prioritized over another set of customers that do?
    This is a major point "PC Master Race" people ignore. Why should devs give any fucks when they know the majority will just wait for it to be 90% off on a steam sell.

Another thing tho is quality control. People Shit on Sony,Nintendo,Microsoft but each company does have a quality control when it comes to "Most" of the games. Now you do get the rare gem that slips though but its normally some idie title "Lichborne battlemage" that runs like pure shit.

Console gamer's also know once they pop in a game it will play. The majority of console gamer's give zero fucks about fps as long as the game is fun and for some looks good.