Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Aubrey de Grey, the guy at the helm of SENS, claims we may have therapies to halt aging within the next 20-25 years.
    I dont want to be 50+ forever though >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxii View Post
    Hi guys, i'm sitting here behind my screen with some nice liquid dnb on the background and yet again the thought of dying goes through my head.
    I think about this like every day. It just terrifies me to think about the fact that i will lose my parents, lose my brother and lose my girlfriend some time in the future, and i don't know how people can ignore this fact. I don't even feel ashamed to tell that i sometimes cry about this in my bed.

I don't believe in a god or after-life. So the thought of losing my close ones is really hard for me. The thought of never seeing them again..
    There is so much shit going on with humanity at the moment, i really wonder when the first nuke will be dropped ( my thought at this moment )
    I just don't understand how humanity fails to live in peace and harmony, i hate it and i wish i could change this.

There was a girl on my Facebook, 21 years old and dropped dead randomly because a vain snapped in her brains.
    It can happen anytime, you can die without knowing it, you don't even have to suffer from a disease..you can be a healthy person. This can also happen to the people you love and that is in my opinion even worse than dying myself. the emptiness and idea of just not existing or feeling anything anymore is scary.

Am i the only person that thinks about death this often? i don't know how to forget about this or to ignore this fact.
    Welcome to apprehensions of mortality, the bane of humanity. You're not the first to feel it nor the last.

Yepp, shit can happen. The thing is to not worry about it. What will worrying accomplish? It'll just make you miserable and lead to nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Learn to live with it, that's the only trace of equality in our society: we all gonna feed the worms.

I think about it too (mostly because I don't do much with my life at the moment). One day you're gone and you never exist again. It makes it all seem pretty pointless, doesn't it.
    Personally I'd rather kick the bucket before my body/mind stops working properly. I think I actually have a bigger fear of growing old than dying, now that I think about it.

Eh, but what are ya gonna do. Just start living and you will barely have time to think about it.

if you're so certain there's no afterlife, you shouldn't be afraid of death. you're lucky to not have it to worry about.

for people like me, who doesn't know what will happen, death's a gateway. a door to an unknown, that could potentially be eternal torment and anguish.

you have no real reason to fear it. your idea of it is my idea of bliss, everything i hope it will be.

Reincarnation is where it's at:

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys, i'm sitting here behind my screen with some nice liquid dnb on the background and yet again the thought of dying goes through my head.
    I think about this like every day. It just terrifies me to think about the fact that i will lose my parents, lose my brother and lose my girlfriend some time in the future, and i don't know how people can ignore this fact. I don't even feel ashamed to tell that i sometimes cry about this in my bed.
    Now's a good time to get them on the road to a healthy long life. With any luck, infinite life.

Step #1 Stop smoking, drinking, drugs, and etc. Everyone knows this stuff is bad for you.

Step #2 Eat mostly raw fruits and vegetables. Seems to work wonders to hault the aging process for these people. Though they also stop eating meat.

Step #3 Live long enough to see the end of aging, and the end of people dying. Though there's a good chance we'll have a cure for death before our health care system is fixed.

There was a girl on my Facebook, 21 years old and dropped dead randomly because a vain snapped in her brains.
    It can happen anytime, you can die without knowing it, you don't even have to suffer from a disease..you can be a healthy person. This can also happen to the people you love and that is in my opinion even worse than dying myself. the emptiness and idea of just not existing or feeling anything anymore is scary.
    Trust me, she wasn't healthy if a vain snapped in her brain. That doesn't happen for no reason .

10+ Year Old Account
    I was once afraid, but I believe there has to be something beyond this (just a personal belief, please don't shit on me)....well I guess I will find out down the road.

My death doesn't phase me too much, but losing the loved ones wears on me sometimes, both my parents are in their 60s, they could have 20 or so more years or they could croak tomorrow, ultimately you just learn to let it bother you a little while, then shrug it off. Guy that was my roommate for a while died about two weeks ago, he was a few years younger than me.

To quote Dean Stanworth in the latest Indiana Jones regarding a point we'll all reach, We seem to have reached the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away.

Last edited by Dread Pirate Phayde; 2016-10-20 at 04:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I think everyone fears it to a degree. Even those that claim it won't will be begging death to give them more time when he comes to collect his dues.

You're alive now, so fuck it. You'll cross that bridge when you get to it. May you die a death with the least suffering.
    Agree. People are just playing "big boys".
    They'd be scared shitless if they were about to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Alcohol is the solution
    It's the the solution to all problems.

Deleted
    I totally understand and feel the same way(i've had panic attacks about it in the past). The way i try to cope is... trying not to think about it. I don't want to think about it because i hate it and theres nothing i can do. It made me wish i was never born. But there are others who love me and are happy i'm here.

Theres no way around it. Life sucks. It's a tragic and cruel event. We are a blip in the chaos. A bunch of atoms given form for a while. Maybe that is the way to cope? We will go back to beeing star dust.

Theres no good answer i'm afraid and religion is the worst thing because it will tell you lies to feel better and devalue the importance of the life we got now. The now is our all. We have to be happy for what we got. And i agree with you, wars are terrible. Think about how awful the wars of the past were where people were fed lies from god's like Zeus and Odin and charged into battle wasting their lives for the ambition of some monarch's. We really could've had it worse.

Deleted
    need to stop worrying about shit you have no control over.
    in the timeless words of C'thun "You Will Die"

Now worrying over how you will die is a different matter, it is perfectly sensible and healthy to worry a little about the means of your demise, it keeps you from doing stupid shit like jumping in front of a moving car to see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't believe in a god or after-life. So the thought of losing my close ones is really hard for me. The thought of never seeing them again..
    There is so much shit going on with humanity at the moment, i really wonder when the first nuke will be dropped ( my thought at this moment )
    I just don't understand how humanity fails to live in peace and harmony, i hate it and i wish i could change this.

Am i the only person that thinks about death this often? i don't know how to forget about this or to ignore this fact.
    When I think of death I think of a permanent sleep. Just think of it like that. It's basically you go to sleep for ever. You don't think about anything, you don't experience anything. It's just that point right after you fall asleep and right before you wake up. A dreamless eternal sleep.

The good thing about being dead is that you don't worry about dying. You don't worry about ANYTHING
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Now's a good time to get them on the road to a healthy long life. With any luck, infinite life.

Step #1 Stop smoking, drinking, drugs, and etc. Everyone knows this stuff is bad for you.

Step #2 Eat mostly raw fruits and vegetables. Seems to work wonders to hault the aging process for these people. Though they also stop eating meat.

Step #3 Live long enough to see the end of aging, and the end of people dying. Though there's a good chance we'll have a cure for death before our health care system is fixed.

Trust me, she wasn't healthy if a vain snapped in her brain. That doesn't happen for no reason .
    Immortality is very likely not going to happen in our lifetime. Scientists have been claiming crazy shit for decades, things that are far more likely to happen than immortality.

Also there is nothing inherently bad with meat, with the exception of red meat that has been linked to increased cancer risk by mainstream journals (this could be due to processed meat specifically). Fish/poultry intake is associated with longevity.

Also if you meet people who have been vegetarians all/most of their lives, they do not necessarily look significantly younger. Raw food/vegan diets tend to be low on protein and low protein is associated with a variety of health issues including early aging.

What raw fruits and veggies do tend to have is high amounts of antioxidants, which protects cells from free radical damage.

I have nothing against the diet/lifestyle as I have been vegetarian on/off again (mostly on) for most of my life and I prefer to eat a lot of raw foods. But it's not a cure all for aging.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Immortality is very likely not going to happen in our lifetime. Scientists have been claiming crazy shit for decades, things that are far more likely to happen than immortality.

Also there is nothing inherently bad with meat, with the exception of red meat that has been linked to increased cancer risk by mainstream journals (this could be due to processed meat specifically). Fish/poultry intake is associated with longevity.

Also if you meet people who have been vegetarians all/most of their lives, they do not necessarily look significantly younger. Raw food/vegan diets tend to be low on protein and low protein is associated with a variety of health issues including early aging.

What raw fruits and veggies do tend to have is high amounts of antioxidants, which protects cells from free radical damage.

I have nothing against the diet/lifestyle as I have been vegetarian on/off again (mostly on) for most of my life and I prefer to eat a lot of raw foods. But it's not a cure all for aging.
    Even if by some miracle immortality came to be, it wouldn't be mass produced because either less or no people dying means we need more resources to sustain society. With immortality comes an inevitable scarcity problem. The earth would Eventually be unsustainable if people didn't die. We have to die to give other people their turn in life like those before us did for us.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-10-20 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Even if by some miracle immortality came to be, it wouldn't be mass produced because either less or no people dying means we need more resources to sustain society. With immortality comes an inevitable scarcity problem. The earth would Eventually be unsustainable if people didn't die. We have to die to give other people their turn in life like those before us did for us.
    Indeed. The last part of your post reminds me of a short story by Vonnegut.

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2127...-h/21279-h.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care? You go to the same place you were before you are born. You spent an eternity there and now you go back.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    There is only one god, and His name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'not today'.

10+ Year Old Account
    i refuse to accept that death is the end. as an agnostic i cannot accept it.
    yeah that's right i'm a agnostic raised by roman catholics. fucking deal with it.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-10-20 at 06:16 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.