Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That's not his argument, it's how when someone isn't obeying simple commands that things can turn violent quickly. I have never seen a video of a cop over reacting and people saying the guy deserved it. But in those few and far between videos it's always someone defending a violent criminal resisting arrest.
    There's still plenty of people who think Rodney King deserved the beating he got... it was on film.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Also. You can't put your knee in their back. That's police brutality.
    Ah resorting to hyperbole because you know what proper police training looks like.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    And how many times has a person you have face down with their hands behind their back been able to get out of it when you properly use your knee and your weight on them?
    It happened quite often.

It usually takes at least two people to completely subdue someone in as quick a time as you want. Especially if they are fighting back and not making it easy.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Zip tying two hands on a person's back shouldn't take any longer than 10 seconds. He didn't properly assert his weight on the subjects back.
    Why dont you show us all how easy it is to then. If proper "training" made any cop able to subdue anyone in under 10 seconds then every UFC champion would be a cop. Who needs brazilian jujitsu amirite?

No it isn't, you two just enjoy defending shitty police training. Tackle, lock hands, put your weight against their lower back or upper spine.
    You mean tackle the the other civilian and then have to flip the guy onto his back. I'm assuming you didn't watch the video so you could assume the cop was in the wrong.

Zip tying two hands on a person's back shouldn't take any longer than 10 seconds. He didn't properly assert his weight on the subjects back.
    Restraining a fully grown man, one who is probably on an adrenaline high, isn't as easy as whipping out the zip tie and slapping it on. Law enforcement isn't comprised of super humans, they can still be overpowered by brute force and sheer strength in a window as small as 10 seconds.

For the most part, I agree with you - more training is needed. It just seems like you are under-serving the officer in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There's still plenty of people who think Rodney King deserved the beating he got... it was on film.
    He didn't deserve a beating but he definitely resisted arrest and needed to be subdued.

That's why you put your knee into their neck or lower back. This is literally why they put people face down.
    Yes it is. Any physical contact is automatically police brutality. Ask BLM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah resorting to hyperbole because you know what proper police training looks like.
    What site did you google this from? Did you put in "how to subdue a bad guy" and just grabbed the first page you could?

In a perfect world a knee to the back would work just fine. But bad guys resist and makes that shit hard as fuck.

Do you not have brothers? Have you ever actually been in a physical struggle? It ain't nearly as easy as you are making it out to be.

Especially when you are trying to hold both hands behind their back while applying pressure to pin them down while trying to get your cuffs out and on the bad guy.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    I wonder ...if there will be any rioting/arson/looting in Texas tonight because of this.
    I mean was there about the 15 year old that got caught in a non police crossfire recently?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    It happened quite often.

It usually takes at least two people to completely subdue someone in as quick a time as you want. Especially if they are fighting back and not making it easy.
    Then you didn't properly use your weight against a person's pressure points. Obviously two people can subdue more quickly, but a properly trained police officer, meaning regularly schedule intervals of training within a year, should be able to apprehend a perp without any problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    "Look at me guys, only I know how fast things can escalate. This video totally means we should be okay with a police state and cops who are above the law."
    You don't know the bloory meaning of police state, so stop using, because you're light years away from it, drama queen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Why dont you show us all how easy it is to then. If proper "training" made any cop able to subdue anyone in under 10 seconds then every UFC champion would be a cop. Who needs brazilian jujitsu amirite?
    It is what they are trained for. The cop even remembered his training when he threw the perp down, but it was his lack of training when the perp was on the ground to properly neutralize any movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you didn't properly use your weight against a person's pressure points. Obviously two people can subdue more quickly, but a properly trained police officer, meaning regularly schedule intervals of training within a year, should be able to apprehend a perp without any problem.
    No. Just no.

I guarantee I could get you cuffed. But if you resisted it would take longer than 10 seconds.

Everything you are saying is so wrong that it's sad.

You didn't answer my question btw about ever having to subdue or even fight anyone.

Have you? You do understand it's not as easy as Bruce Lee made it look right?

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean tackle the the other civilian and then have to flip the guy onto his back. I'm assuming you didn't watch the video so you could assume the cop was in the wrong.
    I did watch the video, and the cop did great until he got him on his stomach, the cop needs more training.

It is what they are trained for. The cop even remembered his training when he threw the perp down, but it was his lack of training when the perp was on the ground to properly neutralize any movement.
    You mean the civilian who caught him first threw him on his hands and knees.

Of course you didn't watch the video.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korhali View Post
    Restraining a fully grown man, one who is probably on an adrenaline high, isn't as easy as whipping out the zip tie and slapping it on. Law enforcement isn't comprised of super humans, they can still be overpowered by brute force and sheer strength in a window as small as 10 seconds.

For the most part, I agree with you - more training is needed. It just seems like you are under-serving the officer in this situation.
    I'm not attacking the officer, I am reiterating the very agreeable premise that police officers need more training, more often. True, but under ideal circumstances, this shouldn't be something out of realm of possibility for a police officer to do if it's his job.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is. Any physical contact is automatically police brutality. Ask BLM.
    More hyperbole.

I'm not attacking the officer, I am reiterating the very agreeable premise that police officers need more training, more often. True, but under ideal circumstances, this shouldn't be something out of realm of possibility for a police officer to do if it's his job.

- - - Updated - - -

More hyperbole.
    No. That's been the tone of people like you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    What site did you google this from? Did you put in "how to subdue a bad guy" and just grabbed the first page you could?

In a perfect world a knee to the back would work just fine. But bad guys resist and makes that shit hard as fuck.

Do you not have brothers? Have you ever actually been in a physical struggle? It ain't nearly as easy as you are making it out to be.

Especially when you are trying to hold both hands behind their back while applying pressure to pin them down while trying to get your cuffs out and on the bad guy.
    "That shit that is hard as fuck" is why regular training is paramount. This is why there is a national debate on better police training and accountability. Yes it's hard, but it's their job and they must be able to know how to do it correctly. I guarantee you this cop didn't have regular training as to apprehend a suspect.

It's clear to everyone here you have no idea what you're talking about. Your opinion of what cops should be able to do what super powers "training" gives them is obviously not based in any form of reality. Situations like this are fluid and there is no technique that works in all situations that will always succeed under 10 secs. To claim otherwise just shows your ignorance.