Deleted

Assasination low burst dps!

I am using MP and AP talents. I have 40% crit and 120% mastery.

I get like 400-500k dps on openings and 300-320k dps on bosses in HC difficulty. My dps i think is ok but i have problems with my oppenings! they are really low!!!

Thats my starting rotation: mutilate,envenom,mutilate,vendetta,mutilate,mutilate,vanish,rupture,garrote,kingsbane.

If anyone has any suggestions please shoot!!

Ok, I'm not a big rogue expert since I main Monk WW but I'm pretty sure your opener is wrong. (I've a Rogue as alt Assa/Sub)

Looks like: Stealth/Potion/Garotte/Rupture then Mutilate til' 6 CP then Vanish & Rupture, then you pop everything: Kingsbane & Mutilate again until 5-6cp then Envenom

But wait for more experienced rogue for answers

Quote Originally Posted by atziapras View Post

I get like 400-500k dps on openings and 300-320k dps on bosses in HC difficulty. My dps i think is ok but i have problems with my oppenings! they are really low!!!

Thats my starting rotation: mutilate,envenom,mutilate,vendetta,mutilate,mutilate,vanish,rupture,garrote,kingsbane.

Whoa. This opener is really wonky. 1st off, you probably want to avoid using MP as it loses out in both single target and aoe for most builds.

Next, you want to make sure that you have your bleeds up early, or you are going to be incredibly mana starved. I understand wanting to jump right up to five stacks of AP, but you are really hurting your opener. What you want to try out should look like this:

(Assuming stealth and nightstalker) Prepot -> Garrote -> Mutilate -> Rupture -> Mutilate -> Kingsbane -> Vendetta -> Mut to 6 CP -> Vanish -> Rupture -> Generate for envenoms to keep up EP for the duration of your vendetta/ns-buffed rupture. After that burst window, use envenoms at or above 4 CP and keep up 6CP ruptures (let nightstalker bleeds fall off before reapplying because it clears the snapshot).

7+ Year Old Account

All the AP openers are not bursty cause poison spec is as far as you can be from a burst spec. If you need any type of burst as sin rogue you play exsang. AP opener are low cause AP as some build up time from ap stacks to getting garotte + buffed rupture on target. It's a very strong constant dps...

For opener there is basically 2 viable option:

1st is a bit longer :
    Garotte - mut - rupture - vendetta - mut to 6cp - vanish - rupture - KB - rotation

The faster one is:
    Garotte - mut to 6 cp - vendetta - vanish - rupture - KB.

I personally use 1 st one. Both offer good results and opener are not as important as people think best opener vs wrong opener if the rest of the rotation is good may end up in like a 1% dps difference in the end.

There is also some opener where you vendetta - KB but I don't really know them and because so much of your dmg come from rupture Even in poison build and KB is not that much dmg I think opener focusing on fast strong rupture are best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    Whoa. This opener is really wonky. 1st off, you probably want to avoid using MP as it loses out in both single target and aoe for most builds.

Next, you want to make sure that you have your bleeds up early, or you are going to be incredibly mana starved. I understand wanting to jump right up to five stacks of AP, but you are really hurting your opener. What you want to try out should look like this:

(Assuming stealth and nightstalker) Prepot -> Garrote -> Mutilate -> Rupture -> Mutilate -> Kingsbane -> Vendetta -> Mut to 6 CP -> Vanish -> Rupture -> Generate for envenoms to keep up EP for the duration of your vendetta/ns-buffed rupture. After that burst window, use envenoms at or above 4 CP and keep up 6CP ruptures (let nightstalker bleeds fall off before reapplying because it clears the snapshot).
    That opener looks pretty good I'll try it tonight!

Deleted
    MP/AP is a very stady sustain dps spec with more or less no burst potential.

Quote Originally Posted by upliftin View Post
    Ok, I'm not a big rogue expert since I main Monk WW but I'm pretty sure your opener is wrong. (I've a Rogue as alt Assa/Sub)

Looks like: Stealth/Potion/Garotte/Rupture then Mutilate til' 6 CP then Vanish & Rupture, then you pop everything: Kingsbane & Mutilate again until 5-6cp then Envenom

But wait for more experienced rogue for answers
    You're basically right, until the very end.

Basic Sin opener is gonna be Garrote -> Rupture -> Mutilate til 6 CP -> Vanish > Rupture > Vendetta/Kingsbane and then you want to use 4 point Envenoms to keep the Envenom buff up for the duration of Kingsbane (more poison procs = more Kingsbane damage).

That being said, you'd probably have better luck with EP/AP. MP is kinda meh, it'll be better at higher mastery levels but at 120% mastery EP sims like 6k DPS higher for me, and it'll add a lot to burst.

If you want burst go exsang.

Yea mine is

Stealth - Oldwar - Garrote - Mutilate - Rupture - vendetta - 6CP mutilate - vanish - rupture - KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    You're basically right, until the very end.

Basic Sin opener is gonna be Garrote -> Rupture -> Mutilate til 6 CP -> Vanish > Rupture > Vendetta/Kingsbane and then you want to use 4 point Envenoms to keep the Envenom buff up for the duration of Kingsbane (more poison procs = more Kingsbane damage).
    Thanks to correct it, I'm still learning rogue to be completely honest, I was assuming that trying to help people who struggles is a good thing to learn myself, looks like I was right, thanks again

So know I'm curious, since i don't have the stats to play Poison build I assume your opener works for Bleed build but what about Exsangue in your opener ?

Deleted
    Thank you everyone for your quick response! I will try all openers tonight! take care everyone

Quote Originally Posted by upliftin View Post
    Thanks to correct it, I'm still learning rogue to be completely honest, I was assuming that trying to help people who struggles is a good thing to learn myself, looks like I was right, thanks again

So know I'm curious, since i don't have the stats to play Poison build I assume your opener works for Bleed build but what about Exsangue in your opener ?
    Exsang should use the same opener, except you exsang your 130% duration, nightstalkered rupture (you can pretty much ignore garrote with EX)

Thank you, will try that

I don't normally go MP / AP since I don't have super high mastery but I use EP/AP (mastery at 105-110% and Crit at 40%)

EP/AP opener:

Stealth > Garrote > rupture > mutilate x 2 > if 5 cp use FoK > vendetta > vanish > rupture > KB > muti to 4+ > envenom

After that just prioritize your bleed uptime (refreshing rupture at around 7/8 seconds left. What I usually do is I pool my energy to about 70-90 with 4+ combo points ready and then envenom and mutilate twice (if lucky generating 6 cp with crit) within the EP window and sometimes able to get an envenom off too critting up to 1.2M+