Deleted

[Outlaw] I don't understand this spec

Hello guys i played outlaw since release it felt pretty good tho and pretty strong.
    However, as i progressed into higher tiers of Itemization it felt more and more like a early game power house but pretty bad in late game.

So First things first, my Stats

iLvL 861
    25% Crit
    22% Haste (it feels a lot!)
    58% Mastery
    5% Vers (i was on 10% before dropped a lot for haste because....)

i average between 230-260k at a training dummy which is really low considered i cooincidentally hit things with greed.

To be honest i dont know what to think cause a lot of people say Versa Crit opop

I Sim my Char a lot with SimulationCraft so here is the thing: a lot of raiders in the Armory have literally no haste, SimC says "go haste top prio". Ask Mr Robot Says: "Go Mastery/Versa top prio"

Well i have a lot of haste but i still get into situiations where im idling around auto hitting cause Combat Potency is literally not proccing once and i don't feel a big difference while getting higher haste on my energy regen. A mate of mine who plays Sin just plays outlaw with 3% haste doing almost the same damage. Like wtf is this spec really that broken? I already never let RtB drop, dont cap my energy, and never wasting Combo points.

This makes me so tilted that im already thiinking about respeccing into Assassin cause Outlaw seems to suck balls cause u relie on rng to get your energy and or buffs from rtb i dont know.

Me myself think that more haste is not good for me ( i dont have ursoc trinket) but why SimC still things go haste?

suggestions?

thanks a lot

You won't be able to preform well as an Outlaw without getting lucky. Period. Saber slash has a chance, Rtb Rng, everything about Outlaw is rng and that sucks. I wish they'd bring back Combat. I changed from Outlaw to Assassination and I am doing far well than expected, 300-400k on trash, 270-310k on single target. Its true that Assassination has rng factor, but not as big as Outlaw. If you're feeling lucky, go for outlaw, if not, switch back to Assasisnation.

Stats are fairly close for outlaw. At most gear levels crit and versatility are best for single target and haste for cleave.
    Are you rerolling rtb right?
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

You might want to look at playing one of the other two specs.

Once you reach a certain(unobtainable atm) gear level, or pick up both BIS legendaries, Sub is the superior spec from what I'm seeing on my sims, at everything. Better aoe, better ST, very consistent. Unfortunately, that gear isn't obtainable atm - but if you snag both legendaries it's still very powerful. It also scales HARD with a full artifact weapon. The problem with this is, before 30 points, you're missing a lot of dps. It's a powerful spec, and will probably be where omst people fall, but atm it's nearly impossible to have 30 points without some HEAVY Grindage.

Assassination is a ST spec. You can pull decent AoE numbers, but you're going to work harder for it and it'll never be as high nor as consistent as outlaw. Outlaw does best on short trash pulls - Assassin does best on 3-target long-term fights, making it fairly inconsistent for things like low M+.

For some numbers: Throwing 2x bis legendaries on my 858 rogue and taking every relevant dps artifact point(which is 30 as sub, 24 as assassin), my sim gives 383k vs 389k, in favor of sub. In practice, in my current gear, my assassin pulls ~270-280k on URsoc/Dragons/Ny and ~240-255k on everything else, except il'gynoth(too much downtime). I sim 282k. I can regularly, without movement, pull almost identical to my sim due to its sheer consistency.

Meanwhile, on outlaw, I've pulled everything from 220k to 315k, but the bell in that bell curve is very early - usually pullign around 220k-235k. *If you want consistency* you might want to think about Slice and Dice. Ignore sim's data, as it seems to factor Roll the bones incorrectly. It puts out impossible levels of dps as what you should be pulling.

Deleted
    Yea i was able to pull off like ~310k dps and Nythendra but only because i got lucky af. As a sin i would be able to do this much dps all the time without that huge drops cause of bad rng. Well i just gonna reroll i guess i can agree to all of what was said above. If i want pack cleave there are other classes that outshine outlaw, in aoe and in ST. thanks guys

Don't worry, Blizzard doesn't understand it neither.

im currently going as what mr.robot says, mastery to between 50-60%. and then mr robot says go next for haste.
    my current stats:
    Critical Strike
    24.08%
    Haste
    15.63%
    Mastery
    56.43%
    Versatility
    10.20%

But i only get this when i am 3/3 fortunes strike in my artifact weapon, and going this i got atleast 10k+ in dps on dummy, and it seems it went upp the same in EN normal too

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Don't worry, Blizzard doesn't understand it neither.
    That applies to every class though. 7.1 patch notes proved that.

I've been playing outlaw the whole xpac, currently 866 IL, almost perfect simed stats, BIS trinkets but it's still total RNG. I switched Assasination very recently and am much happer with the consistency. Outlaw has given me some extreme highs and lows, I parced in the 98% on heroic Ursoc one night. A week later we're doing progression on Mythic Nythendra and I couldn't pull over 200k to save my damn life, I rolled 1 buff after 1 buff after 1 buff. In a 3 hour raid I rolled 3 buffs twice, and rolled two buffs less than 10 times, and we did 26 pulls, most lasting at least to 50%. I have never had such bad RNG in my life. Needless to say, that was the ice breaker for me to finally switch to assassination, I can't be progressing into mythic with that level of RNG.

All that being said, should you continue to play outlaw, you're absolutely correct, you have WAY too much haste. Swap that haste out for more crit and more vers. I will say outlaw is still king in M+, I only play outlaw in mythic +. Ass is viable at higher levels but it's a pain in the ass to play in dungeons regardless of it being viable.

you have too much mastery very low versatility very low crit and too much haste you want to have to more versatility and crit than mastery and haste

my stats are 35% crit 11% haste 33%mastery 11% versatility and i do 270k minimum