Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Xavius difficulty complaints is baffling

I mean, so far I think only 150~ guilds have killed him. Yet you have threads popping up on all kinds of gaming forums and mmo sites about how Mythic Xavius was a joke, with hundreds and hundreds of replies from people calling him a joke. And this happened right when he was killed. Even when only 4-5 guilds in the world had killed him, you had thousands of people complain about him being easy.

I just find that really bizarre. You have people who haven't even got to him, yet they are complaining about how he is easy and Blizzard is a joke and they don't know how to design raids etc

I guess the point of the thread is that this whole thing was really overblown, and it really highlights the negativity that exists in these communities.
    Last edited by Insane Buttocks; 2016-10-17 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane Buttocks View Post
    I mean, so far I think only 150~ guilds have killed him. Yet you have threads popping up on all kinds of gaming forums and mmo sites about how Mythic Xavius was a joke, with hundreds and hundreds of replies form people calling him a joke. And this happened right when he was killed. Even when only 4-5 guilds in the world had killed him, you had thousands of people complain about him being easy.

I just find that really bizarre. You have people who haven't even got to him, yet they are complaining about how he is easy and Blizzard is a joke and they don't know how to design raids etc

I guess the point of the thread is that this whole thing was really overblown, and it really highlights the negativity that exists in these communities.
    Welcome to Mythic raiding, where if you backseat on a popular guild that kills the last boss, then that means you ALSO killed that boss.

The wonders of stupidity. They look at the very best, and somehow believe that they somehow represent the vast majority of players.

Same as how soccer fans can sit and scream how the players SHOULD have played or a win/loss was easily achieved or avoided, even though THEY themselves would never be able to produce any results at all in the sport.

Edit: Haven't this been the same song in every first tier since world firsts began though? I remember people bitching about how easy T14 was at least based on how fast top guilds beat the bosses on HC...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-10-17 at 10:39 PM.

Perhaps it has something to do with them being stuck on Cenarius and/or Il'gynoth which are legitimately hard fights.
    I've killed Xavius on mythic and I'd say he's the 2nd easiest boss in the instance.
    Last edited by SDMF; 2016-10-17 at 10:40 PM.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you have to kill Cenarius to get to Xavius and Cenarius is actually very difficult.

It took Exorsus 2 1/2 hours to kill him according to Wowprogress.

Cenarius Mythic
    Killed Sep 28, 2016 21:57:27 GMT

Xavius Mythic
    Killed Sep 29, 2016 00:39:43 GMT
    That alone tells you everything you really need to know.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Welcome to Mythic raiding, where if you backseat on a popular guild that kills the last boss, then that means you ALSO killed that boss.
    Hey that mentality works in football.

Maybe, perhaps, possibly it's because there's this massive douche called...Oh I don't know....Cenarius, blocking the way to Xavius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xavius is just not hard compared to other bosses in the dungeon, no matter which difficulty. I can only speak for normal myself so far, but even there, if you die ~10 times on Cenarius, the penultimate boss and then progress to oneshot the endboss without much problem, something is just nor right with the balancing. And it seems that's a problem on all difficulties:
    You get through most of the dungeon without much problem, then wipe some time on Cenarius and then proceed to kill Xavius without much hassle.

Not alot of guilds have killed him because you have to kill Cenarius first lol. Once you are 6/7 its a matter of a night and then ur 7/7

We killed him last Tuesday. P1 was a PITA, with the RNG-asshole-Gods constantly one-shotting people. Our very first attempt into P2, we killed him after 7 wipes (total).

He's laughably easier than Cenarius or (post-nerf/buff) Il'gynoth.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2016-10-17 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post

How long did it take for you to kill them on mythic?

That doesn't tell anything. Ya it means for THAT GUILD it was easier. But what the top guilds find difficult does not represent the rest of the player base. Some guilds find Normal and Heroic raiding to be hard, others find those modes to be as easy as LFR. Difficulty is not objective and if it was everyone would have cleared mythic by now.

So many think because there favorite top guild did something they can or that since they did do it they did it too.

Its as bad as a fan of football thinking they are as good as there favorite team.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-17 at 10:49 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

... Um, yeah, that THOSE guilds could beat the content and it was easy by their standards? He was easy on Heroic as well, surprisingly so. How does that make it easy for a fact though when there's so many guilds that haven't beaten him on Mythic? Hell, there are guilds progressing Normal still...

I believe that the devs said something about balancing fights to really challenge the top 1% of the 1% whilst also not making said fights impossible for the rest... The raiding scene, however small, has all sorts represented. Many guilds won't kill Mythic Xavius before the next tier comes out.

Xavius is not the final boss of the tier at that, I'd wait until Gul'dan for the judgment on a tier end boss.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-10-17 at 10:55 PM.

We took nearly 100 pulls to kill Cenarius, Xavius was down after 17 pulls. To quote our officer: "What the fuck? I didn't even have Fraps on. I mean, I knew it was supposed to be easy, but we haven't even been to P3 before this pull! Never thought it would just die off like that."

So yeah, really easy boss and last boss shouldn't be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last bosses are always expected to be harder, but there have been a few notable exceptions to that rule in the past.

Chromaggus wrecked guilds before they figured out the sand mechanics
    Ouro was deemed basically impossible
    Four Horseman took far longer to kill than Kel'thuzad back in Naxx 1.0
    M'uru was deemed harder than Kil'jaedan by most guilds
    Normal Yogg was much harder than normal Mimiron, yes, but Firefighter was harder for many guilds than 1 light due to the impossible amount of healing and dps needed at the time despite the fact Yogg clearly needed more coordination.
    While on the subject of Ulduar, Algalon's difficulty, while admittedly high, was greatly exacerbated by the ridiculous 1 hour lockout. Yogg was the harder boss honestly, but Algalon took longer just due to the sheer massively limited attempts
    Cho'gall and Al'Akir Heroic were harder than Sinestra for many guilds
    Spine was MILES away harder than Madness. That one wasn't even close.
    Lei Shen ATE Ra'den, admittedly because the encounter didn't exactly work as designed.

Cenarius is the hardest boss in the instance. Is that optimal? No, but it isn't exactly the first time it has happened either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Last bosses are always expected to be harder, but there have been a few notable exceptions to that rule in the past.

Chromaggus wrecked guilds before they figured out the sand mechanics
    Ouro was deemed basically impossible
    Four Horseman took far longer to kill than Kel'thuzad back in Naxx 1.0
    M'uru was deemed harder than Kil'jaedan by most guilds
    Normal Yogg was much harder than normal Mimiron, yes, but Firefighter was harder for many guilds than 1 light due to the impossible amount of healing and dps needed at the time despite the fact Yogg clearly needed more coordination.
    While on the subject of Ulduar, Algalon's difficulty, while admittedly high, was greatly exacerbated by the ridiculous 1 hour lockout. Yogg was the harder boss honestly, but Algalon took longer just due to the sheer massively limited attempts
    Cho'gall and Al'Akir Heroic were harder than Sinestra for many guilds
    Spine was MILES away harder than Madness. That one wasn't even close.
    Lei Shen ATE Ra'den, admittedly because the encounter didn't exactly work as designed.

Cenarius is the hardest boss in the instance. Is that optimal? No, but it isn't exactly the first time it has happened either.
    Interesting information! Gonna be interesting to see how the balancing strikes in Nighthold. If I recall, guilds won't be able to see Gul'dan for testing beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Interesting information! Gonna be interesting to see how the balancing strikes in Nighthold. If I recall, guilds won't be able to see Gul'dan for testing beforehand?
    Nope last checked blizzard is going to only internal test Gul'dan.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

155 guilds have killed M Xavius.
    14 guilds have killed M Cenarius and are currently working on M Xavius.
    230 guilds are 5/7 and currently working on M Cenarius.

M Xavius is a joke. Once you kill Cenarius, Xavius is a loot pinata.

Deleted

Wowprogress also says our best kill on nythendra is 99999 hours.

yeah. That site is LEGIIIIT bro

I mean, so far I think only 150~ guilds have killed him. Yet you have threads popping up on all kinds of gaming forums and mmo sites about how Mythic Xavius was a joke
    The boss itself is a joke deal with it. Most guilds killing it didn't even spend 20 pulls there. There are zero dangerous mechanics. Nothing has wipe potential aside from not stepping into a dream. The blades don't deal damage, the meteor doesn't deal damage, the corruption mechanic is a joke and while you are under the effect of the dream you even have a free death and there is no serious dps check whatsoever.
    You have people who haven't even got to him
    Not everyone is supposed to get to him. That's why there are different difficulty settings in the game. Everyone who claims it's an even remotely hard encounter probably still progresses on nythendra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    None of those encounters on the hardest difficulty available were easier by that much of a margin except maybe ra'den who was essentially meant to be a loot pinata.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-10-17 at 11:38 PM.