Thread: Fury DPS help

Fury DPS help

Hey guys, my good friend has been trying to improve his DPS for our raid. He has a good grasp on the class, but is wondering what he can do to improve. I'm not extremely warrior-savvy, so I'd really appreciate if someone could take a look at his logs from Tuesdays raid and maybe give a few pointers.

Thanks in advance guys.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=-2&source=12 (sorry if this isn't the direct link you need)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hchaser/simple

Also, one other question as a non-warrior pleb. Is the arms spec based around buffing mortal strike the only real viable dps spec for warriors? That's what I keep hearing, but it's hearsay.
    i7-6700k | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 | CM Evo 212 | 16GB DDR4 2400 Corsair Vengeance | ASRock Fata1ity k6 z170 | NZXT 440 White |

Tell him to spec Massacre, and to not let those Juggernaut stacks fall off, that's where fury does its damage. Carnage is ok for AoE fights with very short execute phases, like il'gynoth.

Any warrior spec is "viable", but yes, the Focused Rage build for Arms does the most single target damage.

obvious stuff first on the ursoc kill

if you don't have a grasp of the class you should start off with dragon roar not reckless abandon. reckless is generally a lot worse the worse the player is.

1.) Burst windows

Avatar was used during the last second of battle cry. that really doesn't make any sense, battle cry should have 100% avatar uptime on pull no matter how the pull works

Odyns was used as the first button during bc. I'm guessing they're using one of those shitty tell me when profiles or addons. this will lose you fuck loads of damage on pull

Lets do a play by play

What a good pull looks like with lust (btw, everyone should be lusting on pull with ursoc now, makes no sense to wait in non mythic)

pot charge dragon roar wait for gcd {bc, avatar, on use, blood thirst} raging blow, odyn's fury, if rage neck and rage talents rampage if not blood thirst raging blow

this means you get 2 raging blows and odyns in all of your buffs (including enrage)

What a good pull looks like without lust

pot charge dragon roar blood thirst (if enrage - {bc, avatar, on use, raging blow}) if not enraged raging blow fs bt again until enrage comes up then {bc, avatar, on use, raging blow} odyn's blood thirst raging blow

Theirs was

no pot charge odyns + bc rampage raging blow blood thirst avatar on use

They lost crazy amounts of damage there, it really doesn't make any sense what they did.

____

Next burst window - should do the lust rotation if not enraged, you will lose a raging blow crit however, try for the bt first before you do it to see if you get an enrage though, so bt rb fs then go, or you can be really highspeed and try to time a rampage for your cds so maybe a rage of the val proc helps with damage

they did the same thing they did on pull for the next bc, only 1 raging blow, non enraged odyn's

it also seems like they wasted a ton of time using bc, almost 20 seconds if they have the bc talent, not sure if they do or not, and that's really fucking odd because they got 2 odyn's champ procs

__

Lets look at those procs actually. depends on haste but I think a min of 3 gcds is acceptable, should be 4 - 5 though

they got 2 things in the first proc, looks like they very easily could have managed 4

for the second they also only got 2 but it looks like they could have got 4 in

I get 6 in at 30% haste, sometimes even 7 if I get a chrono proc or during lust, not sure why they only got the 2 when they clearly had room for 4

____

avatar was used randomly, try to line it up with bc/dr

____

every bc seems to be the same terrible rotation

____

They had a lot of downtime. if you're in the soak group you can angle to double charge and not miss and gcd or aa's, they should work on trying to do that. if not in the soak group you can leap double charge to maintain slight uptime. this is kind of big for fury, any downtime is a massive dps loss

____

they got 16 executes in, that's okay with no downtime, no pot though so dps lost

seems they reset jug stacks 3 times, that's really unacceptable. you should basically never reset jug stacks, if you do your damage potential is gone. it can be tough, i constantly do it too, but he didn't have to soak anything and had the uptime so he was def fucking the rotation up

also no massacre so that's also a big dps loss. idk how carnage execute should work out but massacre is so good because you should be able to maintain a rotation of execute rampage execute execute rampage for about 2-3 cycles before rage starving at which point you cycle again with execute rampage raging blow execute rampage until you have enough rage to do 2 in a window without starving and while also being able to do it again for 1 more cycle

___

tldr your friend is using an addon that sucks and very clearly doesn't understand the spec