Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i used to live along this river, i played by and in it growing up. due to a nearby dam the water was very slow, muddy, and had hardly any fish. my grandparents showed me newspaper clippings about how it used to be one of the most beautiful rivers in the state. so it always seemed very sad to me, and i spent a lot of time there alone.
    any place where i see nature has been ruined/altered makes me sad.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that.

I haven't been back to Alaska since I left for college, my childhood was not the best. I plan on going back one day, but I am not really looking forward to it. I both miss the state as well as never want to return.

In Portland, the homeless problem is pretty bad at the moment. People are living in trailers, tents along sidewalks. There are whole blocks near downtown that are not really walkable due to homeless camping there. A lot of young people who are homeless currently, a lot of mentally ill walking the streets. Also your everyday people who were displaced due to the housing crisis here, but addiction and mental illness on the streets is rampant.

Today I walked home from work and saw two young 20-somethings doing meth in plain view on the sidewalk. That made me sad.

- - - Updated - - -

It's cheaper, too. At least most of the time. Although I still go to the mall to try clothes on.

I also like to shop at discount shops like Marshalls, since the have some decent deals on stuff like cookware.

Willing to bet so much money that it doesn't have anything to do with the state. You just want closure.

Every place I have lost a fuzzy friend at is singed into my memory. I have one spot on a road that just will make me break down if I go by it... I can still hear his meows if I think about the event. Indoor kitties only and forever after that >.<

Just typing that got to me

Centrelink is a fucking depressing hellhole, thank god I don't live near one anymore.

Not sure what the US equivalent is. Dole office?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our family home that was built by my great great grandfather...so many good and sad memories there. Nobody in the family lives there but my grandma's sister still maintains the house and we only use it for family reunions and funerals...we hadn't had a family reunion in a while, the house is packed with pictures and really old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Willing to bet so much money that it doesn't have anything to do with the state. You just want closure.
    I have closure at this point, also I know enough that traveling home wouldn't give it to me if that was what I was looking for. Alaska is a beautiful state, and I'd like to visit my high school friends.

Darnassus.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    I'm related to Juan Seguin. My grandmother's (maybe great.. can't remember) grandmother was a Saragosa Seguin... so I'm directly related to him. Like a great great great grandfather or something. Every time we went to visit the Alamo... I always had a profound sense of sadness... just because of all the dead people there. Never knew why; it just made me sad to be there.

Yeah... it's a bit weird. :P But it's true. A lot of places make me feel like that though. Probably just overly emotional.
    in the us alone, more people die in mass shootings every year than died in the alamo

Deleted
    I get a strange feeling of not quite sadness but not quite nostalgia when I return home to see family and friends. It's like nothing changed when I left (even though it's only been a year and a half). It's almost like a depressing nostalgia rather than a happy one, I used to be happy there but now I'm not.
    Last edited by mmoc6d00db7716; 2016-10-21 at 08:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Malls, always ghetto people and some shitty stores with Adidas crap in them unless of cos I happen to be in Singapore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Darnassus.
    I second that one too.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.