Stat Stick vs Chrono Shard

Hey, I have been using an 840 Chrono Shard a while and got an 840 stat stick with the same strength and 898 haste. I read Simcraft and AskMrRobot aren't all that reliable for trinket stuff. Which one is probably better? I currently have 32% crit and 19.54% haste. (22.36% haste with stat stick)

Thanks

Chrono shard is better. Simcraft is pretty accurate, i cant say about AMR tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    TBH I'd go with the stat stick. I checked last nights logs from our raid and Chrono Shard first procced on Dragons when they were at 50%. Then on Ilgynoth it procced three times back-to-back... On slimes. The proc is great, but I just feel in actual gameplay it's way, way too unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    TBH I'd go with the stat stick. I checked last nights logs from our raid and Chrono Shard first procced on Dragons when they were at 50%. Then on Ilgynoth it procced three times back-to-back... On slimes. The proc is great, but I just feel in actual gameplay it's way, way too unreliable.
    Yup this right here. Shards proc is only like 10 sec too... with so much rng already in our kit I would go for more stable and reliable trinkets such as unstable arcano crystal, dmc and str + crit tf stat sticks. A 850 str/crit stick is basically a hunger of the pack without the ms proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Yup this right here. Shards proc is only like 10 sec too... with so much rng already in our kit I would go for more stable and reliable trinkets such as unstable arcano crystal, dmc and str + crit tf stat sticks. A 850 str/crit stick is basically a hunger of the pack without the ms proc.
    The proc thing was kind of what I was thinking too. It always seemed pretty unreliable with consistency. Simcraft and AskMrRobot still have the Shard at a 1k dps increase over the str/haste statstick, but maybe stat stick is better in real fights and not just butcher/ursoc sims?

- - - Updated - - -

AskMrRobot has 840ilvl Spiked Counterweight at 2000dps higher than stat stick and 700dps higher than Shard. I've had that in my bank since first week. Figured it was crap...

Assuming 1 proc per minute then Chrono Shard is 746 Haste. Stat Sticks beat every trinket on boss fights but Terrorbound Nexus and Ravaged Seed Pod are pretty fun on trash.

On any fight with movement chrono shard should beat a haste stat stick. That movement speed increase is actually pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

But nothing beats memento+hunger of the pack or hunger+arcano crystal. Assuming they are all at 860ilvl
    Last edited by nephzor; 2016-10-21 at 07:48 PM.

Just give both a try. They should be pretty close, you will probably see a bigger variance from the spec's built in RNG.

I recently replaced my chrono shard (Set bonus) with arcano crystal, take that with a grain of salt because arcano is very good, but stat stick seems to benefit us more.