Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

7.1 Survival hunter changes

i've collected all survival changes in this thread. What do you guys think of that ? Seems like blizzard focused only on dmg instead of defences :P A few days left to release of the patch 7.1 so we'll see.

Animal Instincts has been redesigned: Flanking Strike now also reduces the remaining cooldown of a random one of the following abilities:
    Flanking Strike
    Mongoose Bite
    Aspect of the Eagle
    Harpoon

Flanking Strike A coordinated attack on the target, where you deal [ 0.650 * 200% 325% of weapon damage or 0.035 * Level * 200% of weapon damage + 0.300 * 200% of weapon damage or 200% 325% of weapon damage + 0.300 * 325% of weapon damage or 325% of weapon damage ] Physical damage and your pet deals [ 16.1% of AP or 322.8% of AP ] Physical damage.

Fury of the Eagle Furiously strikes all enemies in front of you, dealing [ 625% [ 1,125% of AP ] Physical damage. Damage increased by Mongoose Fury. Artifact. 8 yd range. 4 sec cast (Channeled). 45 sec cooldown.

Butchery Strike all nearby enemies in a flurry of strikes, inflicting (384% 518% of weapon damage) Physical damage to each. Survival Hunter - Level 90 Talent. 40 Focus. 8 yd range. Instant.

Throwing Axes Tosses 3 axes at an enemy, each dealing [*250% [*312.5% of AP*] Physical damage. Survival Hunter - Level 15 Talent. 15 Focus. 30 yd range. Instant.

Carve A sweeping attack that strikes all enemies in front of you for (108% 270% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Hunter - Survival Spec. 40 Focus. 8 yd range. Instant.

Raptor Strike A vicious slash dealing (150% 300% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Hunter - Survival Spec. 25 Focus. Melee range. Instant.
    Last edited by mmoc73cfcc97f1; 2016-10-21 at 09:51 AM.

Deleted
    The Flanking Strike buff is already on live.

The fury of eagly thing ist not a buff but a tool tip fix its already like this on live.

So they just fixed things wich had already been done in the beta ... Carve dmg too low,Animal instincts pretty much useless as talant and a *filler skill* like Raptor strike wich is and was just bad but they buffed the moknathal talant with it and they brought Throwing axes up so that it wont lag behinde the other 2 talents

Just can't wait to get these beautys!

Deleted
    Would've been amazing to see carve being upped to ~310 or something like that

270% is really nice though. On 5 targets it's now a 378% damage skill instead of a ~150% cleave. More targets, more damage. It's really strong imho. (same for Butchery, which will be a ~725% weapon damage skill instead of 445%)

Deleted
    I was just testing Butchery and i think it might be best 90lvl talent chose (even on single target). Especially with the artifact talent hellcarver. The only problem is that the one stack of butchery costs 40 focus ( you have only 100 on survival ) Another thing is new animal instincts i only reduces the cd by 2.6s wich is good if you roll flanking strike but when moongose bite is 10.6s it's not that good.
    Last edited by mmoc73cfcc97f1; 2016-10-21 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    When are we getting mobility though :c trailblazer talent is alright for dungeons I suppose. Why'd they even remove disengage.

Also, really wish they'd remove the useless lowering cooldown on harpoon for the first talent
    Last edited by mmoc9e96346982; 2016-10-21 at 01:33 PM.

Good post, nice to have all the survival changes in one place. Although, I believe they are buffing Dragonsfire Grenade slightly as well:

Hurls a dragonsfire grenade at the target that explodes into flames, inflicting (1137.6% 1280% of Attack power) Fire damage over 8 sec and reducing movement speed by 20%. The volatile flames on the target also scorch nearby enemies every 1 sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the rest of these going live. I enjoy Survival mechanically the most of the 3 specs, so will be nice to see a bit more punch out of it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Currently enjoying MM but I would definitely be willing to try Survival if it doesn't hurt my guild.

Deleted
    I am already leveling my survival weapon, my guild dont care if we have 1 more melee or not, i dont raid mythic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuja View Post
    The Flanking Strike buff is already on live.

The fury of eagly thing ist not a buff but a tool tip fix its already like this on live.

So they just fixed things wich had already been done in the beta ... Carve dmg too low,Animal instincts pretty much useless as talant and a *filler skill* like Raptor strike wich is and was just bad but they buffed the moknathal talant with it and they brought Throwing axes up so that it wont lag behinde the other 2 talents
    Pretty sure Fury of the Eagle isn't live at 1125%

Its pretty easy to test on a dummy since there is 0 variability in its per tick damage

Deleted
    It is, the tooltip is just wrong ?
    And yes u can easily test it just stay at a dummy and look how much hits u do with FotE, and u will see u do 9 hits and not 5 just like the tooltip fix says.
    Last edited by mmocee66db8713; 2016-10-21 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuja View Post
    It is, the tooltip is just wrong ?
    And yes u can easily test it just stay at a dummy and look how much hits u do with FotE, and u will see u do 9 hits and not 5 just like the tooltip fix says.
    They are increasing the scaling, not the number of times it hits. The '5' and '9' is a multiplier for total damage based off AP.

Live: Furiously strikes all enemies in front of you, dealing ((125% of Attack power) * 5) Physical damage. Damage increased by Mongoose Fury.

7.1: Furiously strikes all enemies in front of you, dealing ((125% of Attack power) * 9) Physical damage. Damage increased by Mongoose Fury.

Deleted
    It's the number of hits. The spell is already doing 125%*9. It's a tooltip fix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OcciferGlass View Post
    They are increasing the scaling, not the number of times it hits. The '5' and '9' is a multiplier for total damage based off AP.

Live: Furiously strikes all enemies in front of you, dealing ((125% of Attack power) * 5) Physical damage. Damage increased by Mongoose Fury.

7.1: Furiously strikes all enemies in front of you, dealing ((125% of Attack power) * 9) Physical damage. Damage increased by Mongoose Fury.
    wtf ? that shows exaclty what i sayd, if it would be the scaling and not the hits it needs to be like this :

Furiously strikes all enemies in front of you, dealing ((225% of Attack power) * 5) Physical damage. Damage increased by Mongoose Fury.

but it says

Furiously strikes all enemies in front of you, dealing ((125% of Attack power) * 9) Physical damage. Damage increased by Mongoose Fury.

so yes it is the number of time it hits and not some scaling, and btw. this multiplier u are speaking of are the number of hits u do.
    Last edited by mmocee66db8713; 2016-10-21 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Currently enjoying MM but I would definitely be willing to try Survival if it doesn't hurt my guild.
    Surv stat prio is upside down the stat prio of MM/BM. Its not an easy switch, you basically have to replace most your gear lol

"This will reinvigorate interest in Survival" says the increasingly nervous Survival hunter for the 7th time this year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    "This will reinvigorate interest in Survival" says the increasingly nervous Survival hunter for the 7th time this year.
    Salty. /10char

I'd genuinely be happy if survival becomes viable, I love MM and BM so having a melee option will be great!

I've also noticed that Dragonsfire Grenade has changed. Before, it said:

Hurls a dragonsfire grenade at the target that explodes into flames, inflicting (1137.6% of Attack power) Fire damage over 8 sec and reducing movement speed by 20%. The volatile flames on the target also scorch nearby enemies for (142.2% of Attack power) damage every 1 sec.

And now, it reads as this:

Hurls a dragonsfire grenade at the target that explodes into flames, inflicting [(980% of Attack power) + (300% of Attack power)] Fire damage over 8 sec and reducing movement speed by 20%. The volatile flames on the target also scorch nearby enemies.

So Dragonsfire Grenade got a decent single-target buff, but the tooltip no longer specifically mentions how much damage the enemies near your primary target burn for, which is curious. Has anyone that's been messing around on the PTR noticed this?