Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I don't see the US navy being scared of a couple of ships. Most likely they are being sent so the ships there can withdraw for maintenance/repairs lol.
    This is the EXACT attitude that gets everyone fukking killed... dummass Americans think they can bully and threaten everyone they want around the world and they actually believe noboby have the balls to hit them back...

Newsflash: Russia and China ARE NOT scared of you

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Its piss easy for them to go AROUND the UK as opposed to through English/French waters... thats how
    Why would they? Would add a good amount of time to their trip and they'd have to go into the north sea which isn't as nice as the English Channel. English Channel is the logical choice.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its piss easy for them to go AROUND the UK
    Again, why would they go around the UK when they can go through the channel like any other ships in 10% of the time/distance?

lol at people who think a war with Russia does not start and end with mushroom clouds. If I had to roughly guess we got close to 1,000+ ICBM's all tipped with 4-5 warheads a pieces pointed at them.

You guys are kidding right?

Deleted
    Again, why would they go around the UK when they can go through the channel like any other ships in 10% of the time/distance?
    Do your research.

Picking figures out of your ass makes u look stupid.... '10% of the time/distance".

LMAO

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    So, russia moves it's warships through international waters, and the RN monitores it. This is newsworthy how...?
    Not sure about the OP's intent. It isn't so much about them being in the English Channel that will be the concern...that they are continuing to send even more ships to Syria (most likely to help continue bombing civilian targets in Aleppo).

However, it is definitely a message that anyone who isn't a naive pro-Russian supporter understands:

But this is not just about boosting Russian firepower in Syria. If that was the case, it would be easier for Moscow to deploy more bombers to its airbase in Syria near Latakia.

Sending a large Russian flotilla through the North Sea and the English Channel sends a clear message to the West: anything you can do, we can do just as well - or even better.

Russia wants to be seen as a global player, a major military power. And it wants to be respected or feared (or both) by the West.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37725327

Whether you want to believe that the bad relations are due solely to the US or solely to the Russians, or you are a realist who understands that there have interesting developments by both, this is the sign of the old cold war tensions rising again. That much is obvious, but perhaps that is because I'm old enough to actually remember these types of games we used to play with each other.

Oh noes let's hope it does not fall apart during the little journey.

Do your research.

Picking figures out of your ass makes u look stupid.... '10% of the time/distance".

LMAO
    No you do yours its more than 10x if only that distance covered is in consideration.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here are the common European shipping routes:

Note the way they all go through the channel to get past the UK, because going around it through the Atlantic would be a stupid waste of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    No you do yours its more than 10x if only that distance covered is in consideration.
    Another 'expert' picks figures out of his ass *sigh*

U clearly know fukk all about the sea...

To bypass the UK the ships would change course when they are off Norway... the overall distance isnt that much more.

"if only that distance covered is in consideration"

But ye you clearly like to talk out of ass and make stupid assumptions that the world is ending based on nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Not sure about the OP's intent. It isn't so much about them being in the English Channel that will be the concern...that they are continuing to send even more ships to Syria (most likely to help continue bombing civilian targets in Aleppo).

However, it is definitely a message that anyone who isn't a naive pro-Russian supporter understands:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37725327

Whether you want to believe that the bad relations are due solely to the US or solely to the Russians, or you are a realist who understands that there have interesting developments by both, this is the sign of the old cold war tensions rising again. That much is obvious, but perhaps that is because I'm old enough to actually remember these types of games we used to play with each other.
    While I agree that these shows of force are unnecessary - by everyone, be it russia, the US or China - and I agree that mistakes were and are being made by everyone participating in the mess that is Syria and the IS occupied territory, different options to approach and attack a target are rather common, aren't they?

Deleted
    Here are the common European shipping routes:
    Yeah because military follow commercial shipping routes... omg! LMAO

Note the way they all go through the channel to get past the UK, because going around it through the Atlantic would be a stupid waste of time.
    Seriuosly do your damn research... this is unnecessary posturing.

They could EASILY go round the UK to keep this all under the radar but they havent... theyve chosen to get so close to British shores they can be seen.

These are military assets and as such are usually kept well out of the view of the public...

Another 'expert' picks figures out of his ass *sigh*

U clearly know fukk all about the sea...

To bypass the UK the ships would change course when they are off Norway... the overall distance isnt that much more.
    And I assume you'd get pissy if they passed between Great Britain and Ireland as well? So how far out to sea would you consider acceptable? Because going up north is a good distance longer than using the English Channel.

Also, why is it a big deal if they sail between UK and France, but totally cool when they sail by Sweden, Denmark, and Norway? Also appears to be cool when they sail by Portugal, Spain, and Morocco as well. And Turkey and Greece for that matter.

What makes UK so special?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because military follow commercial shipping routes... omg! LMAO
    This is just a guess here, but are you pretty young? is this the first time you have seen military ships go through the channel?

But to answer your non-question yes military vessels do follow the shipping routes through the channel (hence why, as a courtesy Russia gave the UK advanced notice they would be using the route). Nobody in Europe sails their warships around the UK (THAT would be posturing) except the UK, they go through the channel instead to save time.

Deleted
    Oh my god... I hope this is not serious...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What makes UK so special?
    The UK doesn't really care and is used to it, it's mostly just Endemonadia and the Daily Mail complaining about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vexet View Post
    Oh my god... I hope this is not serious...
    Of course it is. Nothing to see here really, except for scary "WW3 coming, oh noes!!11" sensational headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Oh noes let's hope it does not fall apart during the little journey.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    https://i.redd.it/20h6w575gnsx.jpg
    OMG that's hilarious, poor HMS Richmond XD