Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Sneak is another one you can "game" the system with. Just go somewhere populated, enter sneak mode, and turn on autorun while facing a corner. Walk away and go do something else and you'll easily be a master when you get back.
    This still works? I for some reason thought that autorunning into a corner worked only in Oblivion and not in Skyrim. I will try it!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Exploiting autorun to level sneak is just weird. Use the console, save some time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh sweet. Still, what does the SKSE does exactly anyway? I understand that multiple mods depend on it, but no clue what it actually does xD

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/..._skse_warning/

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Exploiting autorun to level sneak is just weird. Use the console, save some time.
    How about no?

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    How about no?
    clearly your time has a very low value then

How about no?
    Why not? What's the difference? Both are exploits.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Does it really matter how he plays the game? As long as he enjoys himself, that is all that matters.

No, they're not both exploits.

1 is a console command the other is an exploit. An exploit is obviously something that is not intended to be in the game but somehow is, and since they have to go out of their way to create a console command, the console command is obviously intended to be there.

No, they're not both exploits.

1 is a console command the other is an exploit. An exploit is obviously something that is not intended to be in the game but somehow is, and since they have to go out of their way to create a console command, the console command is obviously intended to be there.

If you want to be technical, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Does it really matter how he plays the game? As long as he enjoys himself, that is all that matters.

No, it doesn't really matter. That doesn't change my bafflement. Why waste time autorunning while AFK when you could just type in a line in the console?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it doesn't really matter. That doesn't change my bafflement. Why waste time autorunning while AFK when you could just type in a line in the console?
    Why waste time living your life, if you are going to die anyway?
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Why waste time living your life, if you are going to die anyway?
    Because living your life is enjoyable.

Are you going to tell me AFKing while your char levels Sneak is?

10+ Year Old Account

To some it may be enjoyable as well.

To some it may be enjoyable as well.
    Some enjoy eating shit, too.

What are you getting at, exactly?

Probably a lot more enjoyable than using a console command.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some enjoy eating shit, too.
    *claps slowly*

Probably a lot more enjoyable than using a console command.
    How? You're literally going to another room/showering while your character autoruns.

What is there to enjoy?

To some people exploiting the way the game works is a lesser evil than outright typing in a command.

You are still spending the TIME to level, it's just in a really iffy way. So you still lose something in the process rather than just typing a few words.

Personally: I just...you know..play the game and level it the way it was meant to be....it's pretty damn easy to level sneak normally...
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    How? You're literally going to another room/showering while your character autoruns.

What is there to enjoy?

When I played Star Wars Galaxies I made macro's to level different skills while I was away at class. By the time I would get home the class would be leveled. The enjoyment there came from a feeling of "getting ahead" of a system that required time investment, not skill, to improve. Similarly, I can see someone feeling like they have found a workaround while working within the confines of the game system, and gaining enjoyment from it.

As someone who has an extensively modded Skyrim experience, I do feel like going into the console to issue commands is cheating. Sometimes I have to do this in order to remove a bugged actor, or if I have an armor mod I want to use right away without actually gaining the crafting skills in order to make it. Even though my game is modded, going into the console to manipulate it is something I try to avoid as it ruins my personal experience.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hit level 90 (by utilizing Legendary Skills heavily), and something weird is going on: my Magicka regeneration has increased by a factor of 5 or so suddenly. I do not see any special magical effects on me in the list, and I didn't change any gear, and yet the difference is obvious: I can now cast any spells all the time without my Magicka ever depleting. Reloading the game doesn't change anything.

I cannot find anything on this by googling... Is this an intended mechanic or a bug?

Also, apparently, they haven't balanced the Legendary system properly. There are a few ways to level very quickly by using the skills that level fast and then resetting them. The fastest I've found is casting Muffle repeatedly: Illusion levels incredibly fast, and you can go through the whole cycle from 15 to 100 in several hours by casting it every time you are just walking and not doing anything else. I think it would make sense to just allow the player to level skills beyond 100, with some minimal skill bonuses, but no extra talents.
    Holy crap, after the amount of hours I've put into Skyrim, I've never realised this system exists. Learn something new everyday lol.

Anyone still playing this? I started again recently after a break. Installed a new weather mod called Rustic Weathers and Lighting, gives the world a more realistic look, it's changed the whole mood of the game for me. When the mist rolls in as the sun rises it's like being in the Scottish highlands or something. When you're inside and it's raining you can hear the muffled sound of the rain hitting the roof, which is pretty cool.

After using conjuration so much with previous characters I'm making an archer with some alteration for paralyze when things get up close and messy. No other magic, so I'll be needing some alchemy to make decent health potions, and probably some invis pots too. Never really bothered with alchemy before.