Page 1 of 30
... LastLast

Thumbs up Skyrim Special Edition

Some console footage coming out now. It actually looks quite nice:

Deleted
    Looks amazing indeed, but nothing more than graphical improvements added, which is IMO useless

I would never play skyrim without mods, the base game is just bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by vexet View Post
    Looks amazing indeed, but nothing more than graphical improvements added, which is IMO useless
    In my opinion the better graphics + mod support for consoles makes it worth it. There are already some decent mods on the Xbox page and more will be added. As primarily a console gamer (apart from WoW) this makes me happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, I've been hoping they'd come out with the next game in the series, but I may play this anyway. It's been about 5 years since I played the original now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I would never play skyrim without mods, the base game is just bleh.
    How tastes differ. With Bethesda games, I usually don't touch mods till I am bored with the out-of-the-box experience. That meant mods after two or three hours of Oblivion and none after 150 hours of Skyrim.

Depending on how much changed on PC I will either finish my old savegame or start from scrap. Certainly looking forward to it.

Deleted
    My modded Skyrim still looks a lot better than Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    My modded Skyrim still looks a lot better than Special Edition
    Sure, but the game looking good and being able to use mods on consoles is the big draw.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Crazily overpriced at $60. How can they expect people to pay that much when other PS3 remasters give you 3 games for that price (bioshock, uncharted)? I'll wait for $19.99.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Crazily overpriced at $60.
    Because Skyrim. And because Bethesda. (And yes, the price is stupid.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Any word yet if they are increasing the Mod limit or the Script limit?
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What a joke...

I don't get it?

Yeah, I'm fairly sure that many don't, thus why Bethesda is going to profit like hell from this.
    Well yeah. PS4 and XB1 players will want Skyrim remastered especially when it will have mods. Easy profit right there. Meanwhile I get it on PC for free
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-22 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm fairly sure that many don't, thus why Bethesda is going to profit like hell from this.

I meant the joke.

As for the game from my understanding I will be getting it for free since I own skyrim+ all dlc on pc.

I'll probably give my free copy of SE a try, but I don't think I'll be playing it much until most of the mods I play with get ported to the SE. Which will probably be a few months to a year or two depending on the mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, same as me and I paid 10€ for the original game + all dlc.

The joke is that there will be a fuck ton of people paying 60 bucks for a 5 year old game just because of a fresh coat of paint and to have a limited (as far as I know) access to modding, meanwhile many of them spend time in PC VS Consoles pointless online discussions telling others that PC gaming is just too damn expensive compared to consoles =S

I think you are trying to put 2 things together that have no actual correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    How tastes differ. With Bethesda games, I usually don't touch mods till I am bored with the out-of-the-box experience. That meant mods after two or three hours of Oblivion and none after 150 hours of Skyrim.

Depending on how much changed on PC I will either finish my old savegame or start from scrap. Certainly looking forward to it.
    I'm probably going to do the same, I did that with Fallout 4 - no mods or console codes until I beat the main storyline. I'm just finishing up my second character, mopping up Nuka World, and my next character will be full mods, all the time, and fixing all the little things that annoyed me. I'm hoping for more story mods, too - there's a couple that have shown up already.

I know you can mod Skyrim in a million ways, but I want the core experience the devs wanted us to see - then I'll change it around. I've owned it for a while now, just never got around to playing it, I'm looking forward to it with redone graphics, because the stock ones annoyed me, I hate the 'shiny rock" textures of the original game.

... Or maybe it’s you who just can’t see it.

Look, I honestly don’t want to turn this into a “PC master derp thread”, everyone should just play on whatever they feel more comfortable with, still many feel the need to justify their choice and actually convince others that their choice, is the best choice.

One of the most commons arguments I seen from people who primarily use consoles to play video games is that consoles are cheaper than PCs, well in a sort of way, yes, consoles are probably cheaper than most medium end PCs, yet you won’t be gaming with just the console itself, peripherals, video game prices, xbox live/psn subscription costs… if you take all that stuff into account, you’ll probably realize that as costs go, in the long run it’s not that different from each other =/

All that said, I believe that if someone is willingly to pay 60$ for a 5 year old game, just because of a reskin (that’s is probably worse than many reskins currently at the Nexus) and for a more limited version of modding than the one existent in the PC version for all these years it’s probably because the price is not really that much of a big deal for them as long as it’s something they like… kind of rendering the “but it’s cheaper” argument pointless, of course this is just how I see it.
    I paid the equivalent of $40, and nobody is making those arguments here, please keep them to another thread.

Looks like Xbox gets 5GB mod space compared to 2GB for Fallout 4. PS4 only gets 1GB but without external assets it's doubtful anyone will get anywhere near using all that space up.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2016-10-22 at 10:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Or maybe it’s you who just can’t see it.

Look, I honestly don’t want to turn this into a “PC master derp thread”, everyone should just play on whatever they feel more comfortable with, still many feel the need to justify their choice and actually convince others that their choice, is the best choice.

One of the most commons arguments I seen from people who primarily use consoles to play video games is that consoles are cheaper than PCs, well in a sort of way, yes, consoles are probably cheaper than most medium end PCs, yet you won’t be gaming with just the console itself, peripherals, video game prices, xbox live/psn subscription costs… if you take all that stuff into account, you’ll probably realize that as costs go, in the long run it’s not that different from each other =/

All that said, I believe that if someone is willingly to pay 60$ for a 5 year old game, just because of a reskin (that’s is probably worse than many reskins currently at the Nexus) and for a more limited version of modding than the one existent in the PC version for all these years it’s probably because the price is not really that much of a big deal for them as long as it’s something they like… kind of rendering the “but it’s cheaper” argument pointless, of course this is just how I see it.

I can see just fine. Show me 1 person that is buying this game that has pulled the I play console because it's cheaper.

Most people I know that play console do so simply because it's easier to work with than a PC. others just prefer a console over PC. it's only a very few who claim that they do so only because it's cheaper.

Getting it on PC for free is pretty much useless to me and I have a afeeling all it will do is interfere with my already downloaded mods.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s because you bought it early release while I picked it up on a steam sale =/

Also, I’m aware that no one made such arguments here, merely pointed out that such people do exist, still if you find the post off-topic just report it to the moderators, or if you simply dislike its contents just mute me, anyway:

Apachii Sky Hair - 204,353kb
    Climates of Tamriel - 103,547kb
    Cloaks of Skyrim - 84,456kb
    Immersive Armors - 966,740kb
    Realistic Water - 51,453kb
    Calientes - 84,498kb

1GB is freaking nothing o.o;

You are aware how ridiculous what you are asking me is, right? ._.

I’m aware that most people who play on consoles (or even in PC even) do it because they simply feel more comfortable with it, I’m also aware that most people who do, don’t even bother going around online forums trying to justify it to a bunch of random people of their choices.

Now such people do exist and are not that hard to find, a quick google search will do the trick, actually, I think there is a section in gamespot boards just for that kind of crap, if you find it that hard to believe that many of them will be picking this up, you are free to go there and ask them yourself o.o;

Either way, it was just a little remark, no need to give it this much importance.
    I doubt we'll be getting 4K or even 2k texture versions of mods for consoles. That's why those files are that huge on PC if I remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15