Alternate Battle for Hyjal

What would happen if Cenarius, Illidan, Grommash, Mannoroth and Medivh fought in Hyjal? It would be possible to kill Archimonde not using the trap?
    Last edited by darkoms; 2016-10-21 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Prior to WoD my answer would have been "no." Now that Archimonde has been defeated by essentially physical means (no traps, wisps, or other external factors) I think the answer could possibly be "yes." The only think missing in your roster above is a character strong in the Light, I'm not sure Cenarius or Medivh would be able to banish Archimonde's various Fel constructs in the manner that Yrel did at Hellfire Citadel.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Urm mannoroth would be fighting on which side ? Nvm it doesnt matter since that failure would die instantly anyway.

OT: Archimonde turned out to be pretty weak. I would not be surprised if few more heroes showed up there (like Topper McNabb) that they could easily beat him up and humiliate him even more.

Not sure why Mannoroth is mentioned either. Unless the plan is to use him as a bomb with friendly fire turned on. Anyway, Mr. Bigglesworth can do the trick. He can be resurrected over and over again and that power would overshadow the entire Legion force at Hyjal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will say this as what I saw from Archimond in WC3 not WOD, so no it won't make any changes to the battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Of course Mannoroth on the side of the Legion. This is a scenario in which Grommash not killed Cenarius and Mannoroth.

Goldtooth needs in on that raid with Topper and Bigglesworth.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Of course Mannoroth on the side of the Legion. This is a scenario in which Grommash not killed Cenarius and Mannoroth.
    So it would be Cenarius, Illidan, and Medivh vs. Mannoroth, Grommosh, and Archimonde? You probably could have worded it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Prior to WoD my answer would have been "no." Now that Archimonde has been defeated by essentially physical means (no traps, wisps, or other external factors) I think the answer could possibly be "yes." The only think missing in your roster above is a character strong in the Light, I'm not sure Cenarius or Medivh would be able to banish Archimonde's various Fel constructs in the manner that Yrel did at Hellfire Citadel.
    I think it wouldn't be fair to compare WC3 Archimonde to be the same powerlevel as WoD Archimonde. He was blown the fuck up pretty badly in WC3 and it would be hard to imagine that he regained 100% of his old strength in just 10 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think it wouldn't be fair to compare WC3 Archimonde to be the same powerlevel as WoD Archimonde. He was blown the fuck up pretty badly in WC3 and it would be hard to imagine that he regained 100% of his old strength in just 10 years.
    I'm not 100% sure, either - that's why I would only leave it at "possibly." WoD sets a precedent for his direct defeat, but you're right that it's possible he wasn't back to full strength.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Depends on blizzards writing style. With their current one? Archimonde would've been destroyed with ease by that lot. With their Warcraft 3 writing style it'd probably fail and several of them would die in the attempt, forcing Malfurion to use the wisps.

Many people understimate the power of a raid group of 20 persons who are the paragon of their race, i mean we do a lot of things and we have the blessing of the light with the naarus and the draenor furies elementals that is why we can beat him we a lot of help from outside, i think if the dragons appears too archimonde would had be defeated

You left out the most important part which is the players. Without the players then he would not be beaten. Once you put the players into the equation then every npc gets weaker.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-10-23 at 03:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You left out the most important part which is the players. Without the players then he would not be beaten. Once you put the players into the equation then every npc gets weaker.
    we are the Curse
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Would we put those besides Thrall, Jaina, Malfurion and Tyrande?

Then there would be in-fighting before the Legion even attacked. Grom chose to drink the demon blood to kill Cenarius simply because Cenarius was a better combatant than him.
    The Legion would also be better than the Warsong along, so Grom might be tricked into drinking Mannaroth's blood... again (especially considering that, since he and Cenarius are there, it means he didn't drink it in Ashenvale). Even if he does not drink it, Grom doesn't listen to advice or orders. When ordered to not attack the humans in Stonetalon, he did. He was consumed slightly by the demon blood effects, but still.
    So, overall, Grom and the Warsong would actually be a liability.

Illidan. There's two possibilities here, either he was not banished or he didn't consume the skull of gul'dan and fight Tichondrious.
    In the first case many would still see him as a demon and attack him as well during the heat of battle. He'd be forced to defend himself, thus precious forces would be wasted.
    In the second case, the Legion would have Tichondrious so Illidan's contribution doesn't help much as Illidan without skull was weaker than Tichondrious.

The only true benefits here are Cenarius and Medivh. Considering the Legion force in Warcraft 3 was weaker than that during the War of the Ancients, I think, overall that they would be able to stem the tide. There was a reason why Mannaroth tricked Grom into killing Cenarius, it's because he was considered a worthy adversary. Medivh cleansed of Sargeras' influence would be one as well.