Thread: Sub tips needed

Sub tips needed

Hello, I've recently made the switch to sub, currently holding about 350k single target.
    Just wanted to know, i've heard multiple things about mastery. Is there a point I need to be over in terms of how much mastery? I value crit as well very highly, currently my mastery is around 5000, whereas I see the better sub rogues with more around 7.5-8k. Can someone enlighten me, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thejman View Post
    Hello, I've recently made the switch to sub, currently holding about 350k single target.
    Just wanted to know, i've heard multiple things about mastery. Is there a point I need to be over in terms of how much mastery? I value crit as well very highly, currently my mastery is around 5000, whereas I see the better sub rogues with more around 7.5-8k. Can someone enlighten me, thanks.
    No, there's no universal amount of mastery that sub rogues are required to reach.

If you want to know your stat weights and what is optimal then run a sim and you'll find out. Personally mastery and versa are interchangeable for me with crit slightly behind and haste being horrible. Agility and WDPS are godly, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    No, there's no universal amount of mastery that sub rogues are required to reach.

If you want to know your stat weights and what is optimal then run a sim and you'll find out. Personally mastery and versa are interchangeable for me with crit slightly behind and haste being horrible. Agility and WDPS are godly, as always.
    Right, thanks =)
    Couple more questions, should I be using a 1cp nightblade followed by a 6cp nightblade during my opener for the empowered ability ?
    Also I was watching a stream from a guy who claimed to be rank 1 sub, he said that you need a flat amount of haste in order to reliably fit 4 shadowstrikes and an evcis/nightblade into a dance, is this true? Whats the flat amount ? Cheers

Right, thanks =)
    Couple more questions, should I be using a 1cp nightblade followed by a 6cp nightblade during my opener for the empowered ability ?
    Also I was watching a stream from a guy who claimed to be rank 1 sub, he said that you need a flat amount of haste in order to reliably fit 4 shadowstrikes and an evcis/nightblade into a dance, is this true? Whats the flat amount ? Cheers
    You will more often than not run into energy issues rather than not being able to fit 5 gcds into shadow dance.

As for 1cp nightblade followed by a 6cp during your opener. I don't see how that'd be better tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    You will more often than not run into energy issues rather than not being able to fit 5 gcds into shadow dance.

As for 1cp nightblade followed by a 6cp during your opener. I don't see how that'd be better tbh.
    Because finality? The 6cp finality nightblade does way more damage than a non finaility nightblade, you only use 3gcds adding it in, trying to find more info on it

I'm at 7% haste and i sometimes have trouble fitting in the last shadow strike. not really sure why, maybe thats not enough?

Right, thanks =)
    no since finality's dmg buff scales with CPs

based on my experience you either need ~16% haste
    or the neck from arcway and around 6-8% haste to have it guaranteed
    btw get that neck, it's insane

Would you mind linking your gear/armory?

When I have the finality buff up do I was to make sure im at 6cp?

Quote Originally Posted by IC Wiener View Post
    When I have the finality buff up do I was to make sure im at 6cp?
    no /10char

/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Purpp/simple --- put us battle net infront

thats my armory, please some tips guys

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Finality is more or less automated. Just play normally and you shouldn't have much of an issue when it comes to finality buffs. That being said, always be aware of when you have the buffs.
    For the most part. I track the NB finality buff through WA. Basically, if you have the buff, then refresh NB at the proper pandemic value. If you do not have the buff, then your current NB is empowered and you should wait for it to time out before refreshing

nothing? anything at all would be helpful

You're mastery seems to be on the low end. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...barazza/simple. We're around the same ilvl but look at the difference in mastery.

You can start by enchanting rings to mastery instead of vers. Look at the loot table of dungeons and only run the ones you need loot out of for M+. I'm spamming BRH for the gloves, for example. Most of the EN loot is so-so for mastery but I would save dkp or whatever you use for the boots off nythendra, the chest from ursoc, and the helm (cowl of fright i think?) that has mastery.

Also, not saying this to be a dick or anything, but you said you do 350k single target, but your log on the 19th shows you did 281k on H Ursoc. Certainly, some of that is definitely itemization and more mastery and a better legendary would help, and sub is great with the right gear. But you also let symbols of death fall off! Also, should time warp at 30% and have a second pot up that lines up with that, along with shadow blades.
    Last edited by milkbonez; 2016-10-23 at 06:58 AM.

Our heroic clears are literally the biggest fuck arounds you'll ever see. I was also playing sub without akaaris bite. I pulled 356k on mythic ursoc about two days ago. Thanks for the mastery tips though im currently also running black rook for the relics as well. I can't wait for the boots legendary i'll be pulling 400k easily with that. I'll also be changing my ring enchants right now, I resimmed my character and it showed mastery was highest where as two days ago it showed vers as highest, thanks for that. Anything else you can tell me? Thanks heaps

No, but BRH does seem to be where it's at in terms of loot with relics and leather. The gloves off il'gynoth blow, i'm just letting all the other leather wearers roll on them and waiting to get the BRH ones or those ones just default to me at no cost. I'm still waiting on my legendary boots, but I doubt I get them anytime soon as I got my second legendary, the overrated belt.

My sims swap between mastery/vers, too, but i'm trying to get some mastery/crit gear as I want to give assassination a go around. Just spam your higher lvl m+ dungeons with good loot tables and mutter "shit game" every time you don't get an upgrade.

After changing my rings enchants i actually have identical stats to you. You got lucky with legendaries man, i have the shitty sephus secret that sims like 200 dps higher than my other ring lmao

You got lucky with legendaries man
    I didn't get the boots, so I wouldn't go that far...I would trade both these in for the boots given the option, although the ring is pretty dope. If I had known stuff like this, along with the buffs a few weeks ago, I might've dumped all my AP into assassination.

My heart goes out to people with the neck/pvp ring. They need to make it so that ring only drops out of pvp lockboxes.

So if I'm swimming at 420k dps what boss should I be able to achieve that? Closest I'm thibkibg is nothing I should be able to hit 380 plus, ursoc heroic any tips for pushing higher dpa?

I have the boots so I should be atleast 350k plus on ursoc

Quote Originally Posted by Abalon View Post
    So if I'm swimming at 420k dps what boss should I be able to achieve that? Closest I'm thibkibg is nothing I should be able to hit 380 plus, ursoc heroic any tips for pushing higher dpa?

I have the boots so I should be atleast 350k plus on ursoc
    Pretty sure the highest dps we should get is on Ursoc, as it's the closest fight we have to a target dummy. On mythic he has adds, I haven't attempted it yet but should still be a good fight.