Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Red Dead Redemption will finally be playable on PC......But

You need Playstation Now.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...laystation-now
    Rockstar classic Red Dead Redemption will at last be playable on PC - but there's a catch. You'll need to play it via Sony's streaming service PlayStation Now.

The version available will be the PS3 edition of the game, which you can then stream to your PS4 or PC. You don't need a PS4 to use the feature, you just need a PS Now subscription (which costs around a tenner a month).

Unlike on Xbox One it means you will have to pay to play the last-gen game. On Xbox One - if you have the Xbox 360 version - the game is part of the console's backwards compatibility service.

Sony confirmed the above via a new blog post which also brought word of timed-exclusive online features for Red Dead Redemption 2.

PS4 will get "select online content in the vast open world" first - before Xbox One.

What this will be is still a mystery, and it sounds like we'll be waiting a while to hear more. Today's Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer was stunningly beautiful, but also stunningly short:
    Interestingly, Sony has said today's trailer was captured running on PlayStation 4 (and not PlayStation 4 Pro). It's a pretty beast indeed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to do the PS Now but it wouldnt take my bank card, my wife's bank card or any of our credit cards. I remember having a similar issue to this back in 2009/2010 when I had a ps3. So instead I went to Amazon and bought another game since nothing I tried from people having the same issue worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I tried to do the PS Now but it wouldnt take my bank card, my wife's bank card or any of our credit cards. I remember having a similar issue to this back in 2009/2010 when I had a ps3. So instead I went to Amazon and bought another game since nothing I tried from people having the same issue worked for me.
    Sometimes banks will outright deny a charge unless you call them and ok it. My bank does it with Blizzard and Jagex. The reason's was because blizzard is in a high fraud state and Jagex is oversea's.

People can load there playstation wallet with a money card and pay for it that way.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

So continue just playing it on an emulator. kk thx sony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sometimes banks will outright deny a charge unless you call them and ok it. My bank does it with Blizzard and Jagex. The reason's was because blizzard is in a high fraud state and Jagex is oversea's.

People can load there playstation wallet with a money card and pay for it that way.
    Cool. Had no idea that you could do it that way. Can you still do the free trial on PC by doing it that way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I'd rather get a lobotomy than use PS Now. Thankfully I still have my PS3. Never really get rid of old consoles unless they die and even then I replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Cool. Had no idea that you could do it that way. Can you still do the free trial on PC by doing it that way?
    Not 100% sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    So continue just playing it on an emulator. kk thx sony.
    Only emulator I know running it is the XB1 BC. So do tell how your doing it if its not the XB1 BC.

- - - Updated - - -

Only emulator I know running it is the XB1 BC. So do tell how your doing it if its not the XB1 BC.
    Could well be, I'd rather play that then sign up to a subscription services for one 8 year old game.

Could well be, I'd rather play that then sign up to a subscription services for one 8 year old game.
    Totally understand, I used the free trail of the service and though it was ok. Wasn't a lot of games on it at the time tho and IMO the price is too high.

Totally understand, I used the free trail of the service and though it was ok. Wasn't a lot of games on it at the time tho and IMO the price is too high.
    To be fair if I really got the itch to play I'd just drag out my xbox.

If memory serves me correctly isn't the ps3 version the worst port of the bunch? And due to streaming the extra horsepower in a pc won't help at all? Seems like a missed opportunity by rockstar to profit sony and fuck pc players.

To be fair if I really got the itch to play I'd just drag out my xbox.

If memory serves me correctly isn't the ps3 version the worst port of the bunch? And due to streaming the extra horsepower in a pc won't help at all? Seems like a missed opportunity by rockstar to profit sony and fuck pc players.
    Don't think it was them fucking PC players. From what I heard and ill try to find a link, the reason there is no PC port is because the code for the game is a mess. To the point where it almost didn't get made.

If it was easy for them to do they would do it because like any company they like money. But the cost must not be worth it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-22 at 02:20 AM.

Deleted
    whats the point. you wanna game on PC to get better graphics and play things with a objectively smooth framerate to not stutterfest through the game and get annoyed

with ps now you can't change a damn thing I bet.

>.<

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    whats the point. you wanna game on PC to get better graphics and play things with a objectively smooth framerate to not stutterfest through the game and get annoyed

>.<
    Not everyone feels the way you do. Some are fine with the graphics and play though games how they are even on PC. Some on PC like to ramp up graphics and play 30fps.

Everyone has things they like to do. Its still a option for those who want to play RDR but never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post

>.<
    Not everybody cares about 60 fps on everything maxxed out. 30 is more than playable for a game.

Deleted
    Not everyone feels the way you do. Some are fine with the graphics and play though games how they are even on PC. Some on PC like to ramp up graphics and play 30fps.

Everyone has things they like to do. Its still a option for those who want to play RDR but never have.
    true. my wording was a bit too harsh. I should've written "I wanna game at higher framerates" and not generalize the statement. I don't speak for others.
    (I have a PS4 and I like some games at 30fps too)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not everybody cares about 60 fps on everything maxxed out. 30 is more than playable for a game.
    true. my wording was a bit too harsh. I should've written "I wanna game at higher framerates" and not generalize the statement. I don't speak for others.
    (I have a PS4 and I like some games at 30fps too)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no I'd rather have higher then 30. 60 is fine. Devs can do a better job

*Cough* Arkham Knight PC Port *Cough*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah no I'd rather have higher then 30. 60 is fine. Devs can do a better job

*Cough* Arkham Knight PC Port *Cough*
    I'm not saying they can't do better. I said 30 is more than enough for a playable situation.

I'm not saying they can't do better. I said 30 is more than enough for a playable situation.
    And movies at 240p are watchable, doesn't make for the best experience tho.

10+ Year Old Account

They really think, to play RDR i would be willing pay sub to PS? Piracy is coming to an new era soon. Not i approve piracy, just that is an fact.

Deleted
    Rockstar seems to hate money. Do they not even have a clue how many instant sales they'd get if they'd just drop the game in Steam? Very few PC gamers are going to make an account for some PS system, and those who already have it probably have a PS to play the game on.