Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I thought Volcanic was a tad retarded...

...but then i discovered Teeming+Necrotic and i need help.

Had no issues with +10 keys; tho we always settled for a simple chest run.

Our tank of choice is a highly skilled paladin but as of now, we're failing every +7 timer.

Tried swapping with a DK but oh my; at least the prot pala could actually kite a little.

Bit frustrated from all the depleted keys we get so far.

as an ele shaman this is the best week ever.

then again thats every week that isn't fucking volcanic.

teeming = more cl targets, necrotic sure i can aoe stun and knockback while tank resets stacks.

if i never do another mythic+ with volcanic, it's too late i got full blown aids from it

Deleted
    Don't you worry, it's gonna be even better when you get stuff like Necrotic and raging.

Necrotic is just retarded tbh, if you arent a bear druid were your mitigation is your armor and not some stupid mechanic to heal up/absorb of the other tanks you simply get outplayed.

Its lovely to see the murlocs in EoA, take me to 20 stacks in 2 seconds, of course i can leap away and simply stare at them as i do, but its retarded, i mean, what?

I am not sure they thought it through 100% when they implemented it.

I mean, make it a tank mechanic that you need to play against, but a Physical debuff that counters both healing and absorb and your only option is to kite or have someone taunt+ cd? I mean ..
    Last edited by potis; 2016-10-22 at 01:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Necrotic is just retarded tbh, if you arent a bear druid were your mitigation is your armor and not some stupid mechanic to heal up/absorb of the other tanks you simply get outplayed.

Its lovely to see the murlocs in EoA, take me to 20 stacks in 2 seconds, of course i can leap away and simply stare at them as i do, but its retarded, i mean, what?

I am not sure they thought it through 100% when they implemented it.
    They should just reduce it to 1 or 2% per stack instead of 3% like it is now, it's absolutely mindboggling if you're a tank that relies on self healing/shielding

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    They should just reduce it to 1 or 2% per stack instead of 3% like it is now, it's absolutely mindboggling if you're a tank that relies on self healing/shielding
    Its just amazing how they didnt think it through, went EoA+8, the Lady boss isnt a problem herself, but her little spawn adds 30 stacks in no time, and of course Curse of the Witch doesnt always line up timely, or 1 stays alive, refreshing that stack to 30+.

Not sure what they should do, but this mechanic literally destroys every tank but bear druids completely, i mean, Prot pala? Cant heal himself, prot? Main mitigation (IP) after SB uptime, doesnt work, completely disabled at higher stacks, DK? No heals, DH, no heals, Dudu? IRONFUR BRO, there is a huge difference when all tanks but bear dudu, lose their playstyle completely, and the only thing dudu gets is - healing.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-10-22 at 01:58 AM.

Some notes for prot paladins struggling with Necrotic: Bubble resets your stacks. You can bubble and use a cancelaura macro, or if you trust your healer you can spec Final Stand and use bubble as a major CD. Blessing of Spellwarding helps too. BoSW will not remove the stacks like bubble does, but it does prevent further applications, (and it doesn't drop aggro) so with proper timing you can use it to reset stacks. It also blocks the damage of the dot, so it is a nice bit of DR. Consecrated Ground is a 50% slow, so it helps quite a bit for when you have to kite.

From what I've observed, Necrotic is actually easier when you do big pulls, because you will need to use major CDs for everything but boss fights. If you pull packs one at a time you end up running out of strong CDs and you get screwed. It's a bit counter intuitive, but big pulls actually makes Necrotic a bit easier to deal with.

Raging + Necrotic is super AIDS though.

Deleted
    Yeah we have problems with teeming necrotic too.

Volcanic was fine because our healer and me (range dd) are pretty good are moving out of shit fast.

Teeming/Necrotic is more ... fundamental?... in terms of harder to avoid with "skill". It's not like we can tell the tank to dodge attacks more often. We tried melees taunten and using CDs for the duration but it doesn't feel good.

Even if we go like 700-800K dps for each dd on groups on higher mythics the stacks are stacking too fast on the tank.

Sure playing slow, using crowd control, stuns, kiting etc. works, but mythics+ are time based

(It is still super fun though ! I think mythics+ is the best that happened to WoW since Arena)

My team had no issue with Volcanic as well, was annoying as hell, but didn't stop up to get all the +10 chests we could used a key for.
    The only real issue was swapping for an alt with alchemy so we could use the Alchemy boss abuse tactic on Cancer-orum guy at Vaults of Wardens.

I wonder how hard could it get if your healer isn't a druid like me who comes up with Vortex and Typhoon making the kiting much easier.

The problem, still is the god awful uptime we get; loosing the big aoe damage of our tank hurts; messing up with FoF and WDPs hurt.; forcing our ranged to move so much and fill globals with every kind of stuns and AoE snares hurt.

So in short, it's go Bear or go home?

Just get 3 AoE stuns and you won't really have to kite in +7.

Swapping to a DK when you have troubles with TANK HEAL is not recommended by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post

Our tank of choice is a highly skilled paladin but as of now, we're failing every +7 timer.

Tried swapping with a DK but oh my; at least the prot pala could actually kite a little.

Your tank is clueless if he cannot handle teeming with necrotic on both dk and paladin.
    I have no otherways to put it.

Did court 7 3 chests failed arcway 10 by 1min due to 2 stupid wipes on the the Fel-lord boss.
    I'm a paladin average at best since i swapped from a DK/monk to a paladin this expansion.

Paladin is probably one of the better tanks to handle necrotic due to Final stand, self healing and the ridicules amount of cd's you can rotate around.

DK has almost 70% slow if you spec in to the death and decay talent and i can tell you for sure it is easy'er to kite around with a dk then it is with a paladin.

It is a l2p issue it isn't the affexes problem.
    Probably both from dps and tank point of view tbh.

Deleted
    As a prot warrior I face tank until like 20-30 stacks, then shockwave, thunder clap slow and kiting til stacks reset and repeat.
    You just need to pull a little bit more conservatively this reset. Only big problem should be bosses were stacks don't reset naturally (fel lord guy in arcway for example), but even there it's 9/10 doable by cleverly timed kiting or a good grip by a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrogs View Post
    As a prot warrior I face tank until like 20-30 stacks, then shockwave, thunder clap slow and kiting til stacks reset and repeat.
    You just need to pull a little bit more conservatily this reset. Only big problem should be bosses were stacks don't reset naturally (fel lord guy in arcway for example), but even there it's 9/10 doable by cleverly timed kiting or a good grip by a priest.
    Or a dps taunting for 2-3 sec with cd and till ur stacks fall off.
    But hey ppl refuse to use their heads to think of ways to go around the mechanics and cooperate with others they call friends because reasons.
    Pet taunts from hunter, dk warrior paladin dps taunts off etc ...... i know hard concept i mean after all.

Mind boggling ........

OP is just looking for ways to be butthurt i think tbh.

First boss in Nelth's Lair was a struggle this week at +10. Having about 180m HP it takes a while to kill, and there's no way the tank can aggro the adds because Necrotic will stack way too high.

Only way we killed it was having DPS ignore the adds, just had the Fire Mage standing max range and taking all the adds with Ignite spreading then i would Heroic Throw/Taunt the adds right before they got to him, then they died before they reached me. Also had to have the DK run away, taunt, then i would taunt and run before the boss could hit him just to reset Necrotic on the Shatter/Crystal cone shit he does.

Necrotic is fine, but as others have said it just requires some extra thinking that people aren't used to in 5 mans. It's a good thing they're difficult, it's fun.

We also used our Shaman's battle res totem to reset stacks. Purposely die, Shockwave right before and instantly res again for the big packs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Or a dps taunting for 2-3 sec with cd and till ur stacks fall off.
    But hey ppl refuse to use their heads to think of ways to go around the mechanics and cooperate with others they call friends because reasons.
    Pet taunts from hunter, dk warrior paladin dps taunts off etc ...... i know hard concept i mean after all.

Mind boggling ........

OP is just looking for ways to be butthurt i think tbh.
    Pet taunts shouldnt work on bosstype mobs, at least they didnt last xpac as far as I know.

Volcanic is a joke lol, half the pulls you do you can just stand in melee as ranged and never get targeted.

Some guy at blizzard who came up with the Necrotic affix is probably having a laugh right now reading all those posts -.-.. What a fuked up joke this is...

Shamans with entangling totem can help a lot with your tanks being able to kite stuff. Mostly you need good dps to burst down stuff fast and rotating aoe stuns and CCs to let your tank reset his stacks to beat necrotic. On top of that you get a combo like Teeming+necrotic or Raging+Necrotic and this just makes things ridiculously hard.

I hope they make some changse to necrotic or at least figure out how not to pair it with stuff like teeming,necrotic,bolstering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post

Tell your paladin to start using Spellwarding and Final Stand, suddenly he doesn't need to kite.

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    Pet taunts shouldnt work on bosstype mobs, at least they didnt last xpac as far as I know.
    You might be correct on that cause we usually use a dps to taunt off if needs be hell even healer can do it assuming he is a druid go bear taunt, cant remember if paladin healers have hand of reckoning right now worst case bop the tank let it smack next on aggro for a bit assuming you ain't all cloth users .

There many many ways to deal with this shit ppl just refuse to use the tools available to them.

Gonna try the suggested talents and see what happens.

My contribution to dmg with resto-catting is too high so f* guardian affinity.

For sure we'd try with me lvling up a Guardian OS and the pala eventually go holy rather then using a blood dk.