Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    Pet taunts shouldnt work on bosstype mobs, at least they didnt last xpac as far as I know.
    They do, we tried it yesterday. Three hunters with pet taunt on will make the run easier by far.
    But generally I agree, teeming and necrotic is some kind of bad joke. But since there is always a next week, and letting the m+ keystones drop will also net more loot next week. So considering necrotic seems to be the only retareded T2 mechanic I can patiently wait for it to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    ...but then i discovered Teeming+Necrotic and i need help.

Had no issues with +10 keys; tho we always settled for a simple chest run.

Our tank of choice is a highly skilled paladin but as of now, we're failing every +7 timer.

Tried swapping with a DK but oh my; at least the prot pala could actually kite a little.

Bit frustrated from all the depleted keys we get so far.
    wut>? volcanic is literally faceroll

Volcanic isn't difficult but it's a major pain in the ass for DPS casters to the point where there's absolutely no point bringing them.

volcanic is aids for casters, just like skittish is aids for melee

fair is fair

Deleted
    Did +7..8.. eoa.. and a 6 and 9 Arcway

Main part of the group was dk.. bm hunter.. mm hunter.. druid and pug fire mage (we boosted his key from 3 to 9) he was ok damage but nothing crazy..

Arcway +9 we failed the timer by a good ten minutes.. but this was mainly down to our silences being 24-25 second cds and dk having to kite..so missing his silence

U need a good tank first of all for necrotic.. stuff like hunters binding shot is fantastic for this.. i think if we had an enhance shaman over the fire mage.. and gain the aoe stun shorter cd silence it would have been easy

Bring assassination rogue with Master Poisoner, Crippling Poison is the king of kitefests

Necrotic and teeming is piss easy as prot pala tbh. As others have said bubble removes stacks completely and spellwarding prevents further applications. You can even talent into consecrated ground for easy kiting.

did someone try brh with necrotic ? i still have nightmares of the bats /triple fellord guys gauntlet in there. 40 stack in like 5 seconds. did anybody manage to do this without using cheese shit like invis pots or running wiping and stuff (i dont consider anything in a game were u purposefully die or wipe and rely on battlerez as a game mechanic that should exist)

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    did someone try brh with necrotic ? i still have nightmares of the bats /triple fellord guys gauntlet in there. 40 stack in like 5 seconds. did anybody manage to do this without using cheese shit like invis pots or running wiping and stuff (i dont consider anything in a game were u purposefully die or wipe and rely on battlerez as a game mechanic that should exist)
    Well we've done 8+2, I'm sure we can do 10 on timer too. The trick is - bats do not aggro if you don't aggro them.
    When you're upstairs, pull first demon to the stairs and kill him there.
    Then, go up a bit a pull 2 demons to that same position.
    Then, run without touching the bats and pull the solo demon to the grate, that leads to the last boss – you can swipe there without aggroing bats.
    Proceed to pull the last 3 demons and pull them to the boss room. Or to the grates as well.
    Last edited by Tanthalas; 2016-10-23 at 07:39 AM.

It's just like with any affix combo. You have to get the right dungeon. If you get a bad dungeon, just get a new key. Obviously assuming you have a set group of 5.
    We got 2 chests in Neltharion +10 and necrotic wasn't much of a problem at all, except the small adds at first boss being a slight annoyance.

DH tank/rdruid/ww monk/mage/sp

Did a 10 Black Rook last night, I do as much meaningful damage/threat as I can up to about 20 ish stacks and then I run away like a little girl, kiting with thunder clap/shockwave and getting the group to give me a hand with knockbacks/vortex. With that said it was a pain in the ass, some of the mobs are super difficult to deal with in there because of the ranged shooting adds and the demons with "brutal assault" which while it looks like a melee attack is actually a ranged attack that cannot be LOS and will 2 shot the tank (1mil damage per tick), so you have to stun/cc every cast of it.

It's just a matter really of learning how to deal with every pull individually, having a pre plan. Our 9 was Neltharions and we had no issues, only missed 2 chests because of adds from top of waterfall bugging out and teleporting on our healer during the boss fight, wasting us 2-3 mins causing a narrow miss on 2 chests. But it's a matter of as I said, having a plan for every pack and the group setup/dps numbers to deal with it.

I preferred last week for the most part, despite Volcanic being present in places where it's nearly invisible, or completely invisible like under sand dunes on 2nd boss in Eye, in terms of dps/healing output it was very simple to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalas View Post
    Well we've done 8+2, I'm sure we can do 10 on timer too. The trick is - bats do not aggro if you don't aggro them.
    When you're upstairs, pull first demon to the stairs and kill him there.
    Then, go up a bit a pull 2 demons to that same position.
    Then, run without touching the bats and pull the solo demon to the grate, that leads to the last boss – you can swipe there without aggroing bats.
    Proceed to pull the last 3 demons and pull them to the boss room. Or to the grates as well.
    Wish I had known this last night damn.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-10-23 at 05:25 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Your tank is clueless if he cannot handle teeming with necrotic on both dk and paladin.
    I have no otherways to put it.

Did court 7 3 chests failed arcway 10 by 1min due to 2 stupid wipes on the the Fel-lord boss.
    I'm a paladin average at best since i swapped from a DK/monk to a paladin this expansion
    Cut this elistist facade crap. 3 chesting 7 and clearing 10 isn't "average" at best. You basically assert that 99.5% of players as "clueless", which maybe you thinks makes you sound cool but is asanine.

Deleted
    Just did Maw of Souls +8 at ilvl 849 and that ship is nightmarish with the blinking mobs (pulling extra trash packs) and LoS. Also just tanked the first boss adds without thinking about Necrotic and got owned by the Dark Slash right after...

Did Darkheart Thicket+11 with Demon Hunter tank. Only Oakheart was tricky, 2 min off 2 chests when taking it slow. Nelth+10 in alt group was a bit tougher, but would've made the timer easy if we used flask/food/pots.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    Cut this elistist facade crap. 3 chesting 7 and clearing 10 isn't "average" at best. You basically assert that 99.5% of players as "clueless", which maybe you thinks makes you sound cool but is asanine.
    Last week i failed 3 level 7 chests in the same instance with volcanic.
    Elitist crap my ass.
    I just learn from my mistakes you should try some times.

BRH + 15

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    BRH + 15

thats not necrotic though...

There's a little trick for that gauntlet: the bats actually don't attack you until you attack them or the fellord guy gets his cast off. So you can pull the first one back without doing bats and just kill him. Then run up and pull the next 2 down the stairs without aoe-ing -> again 2 fellord guys without bats.
    Then run up with the whole group until you're in the bossroom, without anyone aoe-ing at all again (might have to interrupt already on the way, though 1-2 casts is actually not a big deal) Then just kill the last fellord guys in the bossroom, if you ever aggro bats just keep kiting the fel lord all the time while running a slow on the bats.
    Thats what I do with necrotic aswell, as an example the withered-packs in Arcway you have the big manawraith which you can't kite and the small adds, I just kite the small adds right behind the big adds but out of my melee range and keep running around in a circle, then again thats fairly simple as a guardian druid with balance affiniy and might not work with every tank.

Necrotic should be reworked into a damage taken and healing absorption mechanic. It's current iteration just rapes some tank classes too much, while leaves others with a lot of their toolkit available.

...but then i discovered Teeming+Necrotic and i need help.

Had no issues with +10 keys; tho we always settled for a simple chest run.

Our tank of choice is a highly skilled paladin but as of now, we're failing every +7 timer.

Tried swapping with a DK but oh my; at least the prot pala could actually kite a little.

Bit frustrated from all the depleted keys we get so far.
    the difficulty is ok - the rewards for such difficulty are pure crap though - it should be 880 baseline for +10 .

My team had no issue with Volcanic as well, was annoying as hell, but didn't stop up to get all the +10 chests we could used a key for.
    The only real issue was swapping for an alt with alchemy so we could use the Alchemy boss abuse tactic on Cancer-orum guy at Vaults of Wardens.
    Pardon the noob question but could I ask what the "Alchemy boss abuse tactic on Cancer-orum guy" refers to?