Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just got Sephuz's Secert...

...And I'm not really pleased at all with this drop but I guess I have to make due with what I got...

So, I was just curious, how can I put this ring to good use with my Unholy spec? I noticed it ONLY procs from my pets Smash ability, which hurts me deeply so much...

Anyway, How can I make good with this in my Rotation? What's a good way to use it for boss fights in Emerald Nightmare?

If you want to check out my Armory, look up Tahleen on Thrall

This is my first time posting so it won't let me do hyperlinks for now...

Thanks for the help in advance!
    Last edited by ctaffy919; 2016-10-22 at 06:08 PM.

This ring was also my first Legendary. I don't think I've ever seen it proc from interrupts, but I could be wrong. It also doesn't proc from slows (it doesn't proc from Heart Strike as Blood, or Death and Decay w/ tightening grasp. I have not tested if roots proc it.

It does proc from any stun, disorient, fear or silence effect, as long as the effect either:
    A) Works on the target (so you actually fear or stun or silence them)
    OR
    B) deals damage to them (regardless of if they are stun or silence immune).

As unholy, the only way to proc this on a boss is to use your pet, he has a 1.5 minute CD stun that deals a tiny amount of damage, but the damage causes the ring to proc even on bosses. I generally put that ability on manual mode and macro it with Apocalypse since the CDs line up.

/cast Apocalypse
    /cast Smash

If you are Blood, you can proc the ring every 30 seconds like clockwork on trash using Tremble Before Me, and with Asphyxiate (also as UH if you spec into it). Blood has no way to proc it on bosses usually though. Also if you are a blood elf, Arcane Torrent will proc it too and I'd assume War Stomp as well.

I've tested a bit and I found that trinkets / items that cause a stun do not proc it, for example that oddball tanking trinket (Gift of Radiance) that throws a lightning spear that stuns + damage doesn't work with the ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea it is kind of a disappointing legendary compared to the other options, but even using it every 1,5 minutes is an average of flat 5% haste which is no joke. Also it is itemized very nicely for UH, so I guess that is a perk.

I don't know if it would be worth it, but I think the Ghoul pet still has the stun, so you could take Asphyxiate to get a 2nd trigger for it on trash (probably more useful on M+) but you'd lose your hook pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Outremer View Post
    This ring was also my first Legendary. I don't think I've ever seen it proc from interrupts, but I could be wrong. It also doesn't proc from slows (it doesn't proc from Heart Strike as Blood, or Death and Decay w/ tightening grasp. I have not tested if roots proc it.

It does proc from any stun, disorient, fear or silence effect, as long as the effect either:
    A) Works on the target (so you actually fear or stun or silence them)
    OR
    B) deals damage to them (regardless of if they are stun or silence immune).

As unholy, the only way to proc this on a boss is to use your pet, he has a 1.5 minute CD stun that deals a tiny amount of damage, but the damage causes the ring to proc even on bosses. I generally put that ability on manual mode and macro it with Apocalypse since the CDs line up.

/cast Apocalypse
    /cast Smash

If you are Blood, you can proc the ring every 30 seconds like clockwork on trash using Tremble Before Me, and with Asphyxiate (also as UH if you spec into it). Blood has no way to proc it on bosses usually though. Also if you are a blood elf, Arcane Torrent will proc it too and I'd assume War Stomp as well.

I've tested a bit and I found that trinkets / items that cause a stun do not proc it, for example that oddball tanking trinket (Gift of Radiance) that throws a lightning spear that stuns + damage doesn't work with the ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea it is kind of a disappointing legendary compared to the other options, but even using it every 1,5 minutes is an average of flat 5% haste which is no joke. Also it is itemized very nicely for UH, so I guess that is a perk.

I don't know if it would be worth it, but I think the Ghoul pet still has the stun, so you could take Asphyxiate to get a 2nd trigger for it on trash (probably more useful on M+) but you'd lose your hook pull.
    Thanks for the detailed information! Yeah looks like its not a big upgrade for me but the Abomination actually has a Smash/stun ability that is making it work

So basically as a Blood DK tank this is only really useful for trash then? Ugh why is my luck so bad lol.

Deleted
    You can proc it on Renferal Spiders, Il'gynoth Ichors and Cenarius Wisps with Asphyxiate. But that's about it as far as bosses go.

It's been proc'ing on bosses for me when I use the abom's Smash. Obviously, raid bosses are immune to stuns but it's been proc'ing on them despite their immunity. Perhaps it's because Smash also does damage and it's the application of that damage that is causing it to proc. I don't know but I do know it's worked on every single raid boss in LFR, Normal, and Heroic, along with Mythic+ bosses and world bosses. Don't take my word for it. Go test it yourself.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

yeah, Abomination smash works. I got the ring at the same time as Uvanimor and as of last week I've been able to equip both as Unholy. It's not optimal but it's far from useless.

It's GREAT in mythic+ as Blood as Tremble Before Me means it's up as often as it can be. The problem is that with certain affixes you need to run Tightening Grasp instead because nothing can survive raging wrathguards in BRH. But being able to proc a sprint on command from asphyxiate is still nice. Honestly while it may be a disappointing legendary from a dps perspective, you'll learn to love it for utility.

Deleted
    As Unholy you can proc it every 90 seconds with Smash on everything, and the cooldown goes quite well with Apocalypse and Gargoyle. You can proc it from Asphyxiate on stunnable adds, but losing the abomination on any fight with adds is dubious. Asphyxiate also costs a GCD, which isn't always convenient.

The abomination Hook and the ghoul Leap will proc it when your pet is transformed, because the abilities have a root attached. When I was testing out Asphyxiate in mythic+, I noticed the ghoul leap would sometimes proc it on bosses in 5-mans too, but could not get it to work on all bosses. The proc wasn't worth losing the abomination though. At least you can occasionally get an extra proc from using Hook on trash.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2016-10-23 at 09:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain32 View Post
    So basically as a Blood DK tank this is only really useful for trash then? Ugh why is my luck so bad lol.
    You get a legendary and ask why your luck is so bad? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    You get a legendary and ask why your luck is so bad? :S
    Given how some legendaries are literally unusable in some cases if they have poor stats coupled with a non-dps increasing effect, yes, getting one can make you unlucky. Getting a legendary now correctly reduces your chances to get another one, so if the first one you got cant even be equipped due it simply being bad, not having one at all would be more advantageous since you are more likely to get another legendary that you can potentially use. I would honestly rather have nothing than an orange just sitting in my bank vault killing my chances of obtaining something of value.

The stats for it are about 1500 crit and 600 haste (plus a gem slot).

The stat preference for blood dks goes haste -> crit -> mastery -> vers doesn't it? So the ring would be better if it had a bit more haste, but it doesn't look terrible. I don't see why you wouldn't want to tank bosses with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctaffy919 View Post
    ...And I'm not really pleased at all with this drop but I guess I have to make due with what I got...

So, I was just curious, how can I put this ring to good use with my Unholy spec? I noticed it ONLY procs from my pets Smash ability, which hurts me deeply so much...

Anyway, How can I make good with this in my Rotation? What's a good way to use it for boss fights in Emerald Nightmare?

If you want to check out my Armory, look up Tahleen on Thrall

This is my first time posting so it won't let me do hyperlinks for now...

Thanks for the help in advance!
    It's arguable the most useless legendary in a Raid setting for pretty much everyone.

I got it as a VDH, and other than on trash I can only really proc it on Mythic Nyth, and some add fights.

The ring is a glorified fucking stat stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Astronom View Post
    The stats for it are about 1500 crit and 600 haste (plus a gem slot).

The stat preference for blood dks goes haste -> crit -> mastery -> vers doesn't it? So the ring would be better if it had a bit more haste, but it doesn't look terrible. I don't see why you wouldn't want to tank bosses with this.
    Because I have rings with better secondary stats and the extra stamina it provides really isn't that great ~100,000 health over what I have. So I switch it out for bosses when I cannot proc it for a ring with better in my mind stats. Just like I switch out for different trinkets when a boss has a lot of movement vs. not much movement.

This ring can proc on all bosses if you play unholy. Considering how low mobility we are the ring provides some ms boost and as a haste boost. It procs every opener because our abomination procs it with its stun skill. It's every 1.5 sec and combined with a 3 stack soul reaper it's like a mini lust ever 1.5 mins. Not only that, its itemized just right for unholy so honestly it's not all the bad. Do I wish I got the other ring, bracers or belt? Yes I do. Unfortunately this was the legendary I got so I'm glad to have one at all honestly. It's better than nothing, and I'd sure prefer it over the damn neck or cape because it does proc on bosses. Just macro your abom skill with apoc cd and it should be just fine.

Deleted
    Making it an On use effect with a 30 second CD would be infinitely better and would probably make it one of the better legendaries for DK's because of the movement speed increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchh View Post
    Making it an On use effect with a 30 second CD would be infinitely better and would probably make it one of the better legendaries for DK's because of the movement speed increase.
    Blizz said they noticed how some legendaries were significantly more useful than others. Hopefully they buff this item and make it on use like you said. That would be awesome, but they probably won't do that considering it's not one of the spec specific legendaries.

Soooooooooooo... Just got it aswell and remembered that topic. Decided to post on it.

So far, it's not bad for tank at all with the DnD's talent (and I'm more of a mythic dungeonner than a raider). Also noticed it proc for Unholy DK aswell : Not only smash but also Hook when you use the dark transformation. The later is a pain in the ass to proc thought because you need to move your abomination a few meters away. Haven't tried if it works on bosses though, but I don't know why it wouldn't because the hook (or leap) from the transformed ghoul use some kind of damage.

Edit : Doesn't work on bosses it seems.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2016-10-26 at 06:34 PM.

They nerfed a bunch of stuff that could proc the ring on bosses, so yeah we cant proc it on bosses anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    They nerfed a bunch of stuff that could proc the ring on bosses, so yeah we cant proc it on bosses anymore.
    I was still proccing the ring in every boss yesterday, did this get hotfixed or something? If so then the ring is utter trash tier

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    I was still proccing the ring in every boss yesterday, did this get hotfixed or something? If so then the ring is utter trash tier
    It works as long as the ability is applied. Weirdly enough, chains of ice works as well and what is even more weird is that if you can use CoI on a boss, regardless if the slow effect is applied, the ring will proc.

I average about 45-50 procs per run on Heroic EN.