Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So what do you guys have your loot spec set to?

Just got the Outlaw legendary boots. I'm actually mostly playing assassination in our mythic raids so far but set my Loot spec outlaw as I figured a legendary for that spec would be used the rest of the expansion due to high trash bosses. But now I'm kind of torn between setting it to sub or assass(since the other outlaw legendaries are poop.) Theorycrafting puts Sub being ahead in nighthold gear so there's a chance I'll switch to that but I'd rather not have sub legendaries drop for me now as I won't use them.

So I'm curious what everyone else is doing. What loot spec are you guys going?

Deleted
    Mine is set to sub.

Deleted
    Mine is set to ass.

Ppl are probably setting it to sub because they believe te spec will be dealling 60k more than every other class and spec in the game once high geared, wich if is true will only leed to a nerf to the spec by Blizzard. Lets face it, if sub scaling is in fact that amazing and the spec will be far ahead of everything else by the end of Nighthold it will be godly with the next tier gear, the sims are either wrong or the spec will be nerfed, theres no other possibility here.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-10-22 at 08:26 PM.

sub until i get the boots

then i'll swap to OL probably

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Ppl are probably setting it to sub because they believe te spec will be dealling 60k more than every other class and spec in the game once high geared, wich if is true will only leed to a nerf to the spec by Blizzard. Lets face it, if sub scaling is in fact that amazing and the spec will be far ahead of everything else by the end of Nighthold it will be godly with the next tier gear, the sims are either wrong or the spec will be nerfed, theres no other possibility here.
    Two words:
    Hellfire Citadel

Subtlety was probably the best melee spec then, it was really overpowered compared to other... and you know what? Blizz did nothing. They at least let us be kings for a short time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mine set to the spec I play .. so assa.. if sub end up being on top in NH than I'll switch to it once I play it... I maintain all 3 artefacts to a decent level but why would I try to get a legendary for a spec I don't play and that might get nerf... NH is still so far .. as long as your not 7/7 mythic I don't see a reason to change your loot spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Two words:
    Hellfire Citadel

Subtlety was probably the best melee spec then, it was really overpowered compared to other... and you know what? Blizz did nothing. They at least let us be kings for a short time.
    It was only top after progression was done... Method killed archi with assa rogue. Post progress balance when shit is killed in 30sec is something that blizzard doesn't care about with good reason

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Two words:
    Hellfire Citadel

Sub was the best spec trough most of WoD and Hellfire was the last tier, so if the spec got super high by the end of the last tier it does not matter cause it's the last tier, progression is over. What sims sugest here is not that it'll be the best rogue spec, or even the best spec in the game, it sugests its going to be insanely overpowered and be doing 10% more damage than everything else even troughout Nighthold mythic progression, and if all that is due to crazy high scaling on the next tier itll be like 20% above everything else and be godly. Sims are either wrong or the nerfbat is coming, theres not third option.

Anyway my loot spec is Sin, Im trying to drop that beautfull bleed bracer that I know will never drop.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-10-22 at 09:14 PM.

Deleted
    I have alot of fun with Assa right now.
    After aquiring the 3rd golden / 6% muti crit It pulls easily 300k on ursoc / nythendra , while as outlaw i was averanging 240k dps , with lot of luck 260k dps.

Only downside is that is suck at elerethe / Il'gynoth

So set my loot spec to assa, but not even one legendary so far... 10 days playtime on 110

outlaw because i enjoy the playstyle short of getting the same 1 buff 10 times in a row.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I have the belt and play Outlaw but loot is on sub. While I agree you should just have the loot set to what you're playing and switch later, the fact that some legendary are spec bound makes it hard to. I love Outlaw and I love the RNG but after the changes, it hurts too much when you get back to back single rolls now. That is on top of the fact that even if you happen to a streak of good rolls, sin rogues just steamroll you. I don't even mind (I do but not end of the world) the AP investment, but the legendary that are spec specific kills me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty much Assass 99% of the time, only switching to Outlaw for a few AoE specific situations, so it's set to Assass.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Assassination. WTB those execute bracers.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Have legendary boots and gloves for Outlaw, which is my main spec. I am playing Sin now until Outlaw gets buffed and becomes viable again, so Sin is my current loot spec. Hoping for the ring, belt or wrist. Also 2 relics away from having 3x vendetta relics

Deleted
    Outlaw I hope the ring drops though. Also gloves should be pretty nice

Deleted
    Sub till boots drop, then it'll be totally boss drop depedant

Assassination.

I was paranoid about the whole Sub hype train and a Sin legendary going to "waste", but I highly doubt Blizz is going to let Sub pull that far ahead to begin with. Regardless, NH is still months away. Only way I'd consider changing loot spec is if I got Bracers/Boots/Ring (2 of the 3) for Sin and didn't really have a need for farming another since to my knowledge there is no ETA on equipping a third legendary.

Set phasers to stun!

no, wait, wrong movie.

I have my loot spec set to my current spec, because ill get the CC ring first anyway.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Set phasers to stun!

no, wait, wrong movie.

I have my loot spec set to my current spec, because ill get the CC ring first anyway.

My second legendary was the CC ring. Heart stopped for a second before I realized it wasn't insignia. The CC ring and Outlaw boots in Mythic+ isn't too bad though, free sprint/haste every 30 seconds. Much prefer the Insignia though.

My loot spec may as well be set to "don't give me shit" because that's about what I get lol. 2 months in and still running heroic/mythics/mythic+ along with all version of EN in the attempt to get my first legendary. Their "protection" is completely horse crap ....