Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Catering For The A-Holes Of The World (Kicks Mechanic)

Must be a new low even for WoW players, on alt @820 ilvl doing a random heroic .. Group in heroic mythic gear .. I get kicked for not doing enough DPS ..

The kick mechanic currently is far too lose and brings out the A-holes on WoW out to play .. Why encourage them?

At least have a cost Blizz, if they get reported and it turns out to be unfair they aught to get a 1 day suspension ..

Newsflash: People are assholes on the Internet. In other news, water is wet. What EXACTLY can Blizzard do about this? (And no, "report" system is just retarded as the reports would simply flood in from all sorts of situations)

It's a game developer company, not your parents.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Why do people think these things deserve their own threads? Like they're the only ones this has ever happened to and what a god damn travesty it is.

Who cares? Just join another group.

The wait time for DPS is less than 5 minutes.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, a majority, at least 3 of the other 4, voted you out and you are never told the reason why, and they are the assholes? Do you get kicked out of a lot of dungeons? If so, then guess what the common denominator in that situation is. You guessed it, it is YOU. If you don't like the group being able to kick you for any or no reason at all, form your very own group.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    The upside is if you abuse the kick system by using it too often, you wind up having a CD on your ability to initiate a kick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Must be a new low even for WoW players, on alt @820 ilvl doing a random heroic .. Group in heroic mythic gear .. I get kicked for not doing enough DPS ..

The kick mechanic currently is far too lose and brings out the A-holes on WoW out to play .. Why encourage them?

At least have a cost Blizz, if they get reported and it turns out to be unfair they aught to get a 1 day suspension ..
    One can make an argument from the other side, since if you're repeatedly kicked it takes longer for a group to kick you (and if you repeatedly kick someone, it makes it longer for you to kick the next person), people who constantly afk in dungeons/troll dungeons/do a below acceptable amount of dps/healing/tanking will eventually be immune to kicks for a time.

The system isn't perfect, but it tries to protect both sides.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    And you are probably not even aware that you just confirmed with this that you are one of assholes. Yep, I just came here to tell you that. Someone has to.
    If I were one of the assholes, then I would not be able to initiate a kick right with no timer. The last time I voted to kick anyone was back in early Cata due to them being in the wrong spec for the role the chose, and refusing to change to the correct spec. You cannot heal a dungeon in ret spec.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    And you are probably not even aware that you just confirmed with this that you are one of assholes. Yep, I just came here to tell you that. Someone has to.
    It doesn't make them an asshole to point out the obvious, but it does make you one for jumping down their throat. Congrats!
    OT: The kick system isn't perfect, but they're aren't a lot of solutions that people couldn't take advantage of in some way regardless. Getting kicked by random d-holes sucks, but nothing that can be done about it, and you aren't the only one who ever had it happen. Keep on keeping on

I feel for you, seem most posting here are the type you are complaining about by their lack of any sort of concern. Sadly there is not much that can be done, it's how the game is now and the complete lack of any sort of positive community. Best just que up again and hope you get a normal group that just wants to kill shit and nothing else.

People don't need to start threads on forums every single time somebody is mean to them in-game.

It happens, move on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    People don't need to start threads on forums every single time somebody is mean to them in-game.

It happens, move on with your life.
    Yeah, and don't you ever come onto a forum wanting to discuss things ever again! I hope you've learned your lesson, OP!

Welcome to the internet, i guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

You report people that boot you from groups? Seriously? On what grounds?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

100k DPS is not enough at 820.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Newsflash: People are assholes on the Internet. In other news, water is wet. What EXACTLY can Blizzard do about this? (And no, "report" system is just retarded as the reports would simply flood in from all sorts of situations)

It's a game developer company, not your parents.
    Ehhh ffxiv has a MUCH better community and if I remember correctly a MUCH stricter kicking policy such as pre-made reasons and they can and will ban if kicked for no good reason

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, you were probably doing shit for damage. A group like that isn't going to want to be forced to drag a body through. It sucks for you to have qued in with those players, but at the same time, it sucks for them to have qued in with you. I'm also around 90% certain that there's more to your story than you're giving us, in an attempt to make them out to be the bad guys a little bit more
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Many people who claim they were kicked for "low dps" were kicked actually for afking on follow, auto-attacking or pressing one button while watching netflix / youtube on a second monitor.

I've done many dungeons with someone doing horrible dps and rarely if ever they're kicked. Most common kicks are for dc, sadly, because if you dc, there is no cd on kick, group has no clue if you'll come back or no so insta kicks, and if it's a legit dc, you're punished twice.

I had a player afk whole headless horseman to collect free loot because the instance is shorter than the cd on kick. Can we 4 man it? Yes. Can I solo it? Probably. Do people who afk deserve loot? Not really, but can't be kicked.

Most vote kicks are well deserved. Most of the undeserved ones are for dcs. The remaining undeserved ones are way way less in numbers than the amount of leechers and douchebags that deserve the kick but never receive one because no one bothers (especially in lfr).

Deleted
    Just because someone has low gear compared to the other people in the group that does not mean you get to slack and do low DPS. I find it funny how so many people who are wrongfully kicked because of low DPS never show DPS metres. Because it would show them doing pathetic amounts of damage like 30k DPS as a rogue.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Occasionally I've seen people try to vote out someone in a heroic 5-man for doing low dps. Almost every time people vote no, unless the player is performing extremely bad to the hindrance of the group. So far this expansion I've actually found people to be more patient than in the past. Maybe I've just happened to run into those kind of groups.

Anyway, I completely disagree with what you say about the kicking system. As others have mentioned, it protects players that gets kicked a lot. Maybe from a business perspective that makes sense, trying to keep a customer and all. But it really sucks for the other 4 group members that have to drag someone along that is basically immune to vote kicks. IMO, this is a lot more common than people getting kicked for bad/no reason.