Poll: Do you drink alone?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Do you drink alone?

@title

Do you drink alone? Why or why not? Not drink at all? (forgot to add that to the poll! Sorry!)

I know a lot of people see drinking alone as the start of a problem but I don't really view it that way. I'd rather drink alone most times because in groups all it takes is one person to kill a buzz for me. Alone I set and maintain my own buzz and keep the vibes going the way I want them to.

That and drinking alone is cheaper LOL.
    Last edited by Sunnydruid; 2016-10-22 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

I don't drink. Due to the meds I'm on alcohol could kill me.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I don't drink alone.

Because I don't drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I pretty much never drink at all. I maybe have 2 or 3 drinks a year. I stock no alcohol at home and have little interest in drinks outside of water and calorie-free soda.

Every once in a while I drink an alcoholic beverage I like.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sometimes when the football is on or its just a chill day I like to grab a beer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Occasionally after a particularly taxing day I like to unwind with some beers and a good show/gaming session. I never drink liquor alone but I used to when I was going through a darker period but I'm past it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I get drunk to be more social. There is 0 point to drinking if I am alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but I don't drink alone to get hammered or black out. After a long day of work I may just turn on the football game, kick my feet up and sip on some whiskey or scotch and relax, or maybe have a couple of beers.

Deleted
    Yeah because I am quiet picky with the stuff I like to drink - good stuff only at home. Also I don't like be more open to people I normally would hold on distance just because we are drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    often. /10char

I try to avoid drinking altogether. Just never found it appealing. Unfortunately, this has done some harm to my social life in regards to specific people, but not everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hardly drink. When I do it's in my home by myself.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't drink alcohol, if I would I probably would do it alone.

I didn't used to, because all I liked before moving to Boston was cocktails (I hated beer).

Now, dammit, these guys have got me drinking beer and I genuinely like the taste and enjoy the slight relaxation of a single beer.... pretty much every night. I'm not exactly a connoisseur, I just drink Sam Adams and Harpoon and some local stuff... but hey, if there's nobody around, why restrict myself?

I usually drink when my husband is here. Considering he's deployed... I probably won't drink anything for the next several months. Not hard liquor anyway... makes my blood sugar go low (hypoglycemia). Considering I've had a few bad lows... I prefer him to be here just in case I need to be jabbed with a glucagon shot. I like to play it safe.

I'm a type 1 Diabetic. Beer though... or hard cider... wine... that's all fine. I'll pick up a bottle or a six pack and drink that by myself. Those have carbs and can be corrected with a short acting insulin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to drink ciders.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I brew a gallon of beer every once in a while, I have drank it while alone, usually watching an action adventure movie or tv show. I'm about ready to brew another gallon, it takes over two weeks to brew.

Also I was expecting a Jayburner thread.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Drinking alone is absolutely fine.

Drinking alone and lying about it, or trying to hide it is indicative of a problem.

I like expensive whiskey, cheap gin, and beer.. And I find indulging in my vice, and it's usually better alone in my man cave playing games because that's what I like to do...

I'm safe, I have my creature comforts, I have my wife, my 4 cats and enough gaming equipment to host esports events.

Why would I want to go out? I did all that shit in my 20's and burned out on the party scene pretty hard while managing cocktail bars.