fishing artifact power

so why cant you get 100 artifact or 200 artifact fishing pole power instead of 50 ?
    its sooo boring ...
    and totally decays the motivation to lvl it up
    and is there a way to increase it to 100 or 200 ?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    so why cant you get 100 artifact or 200 artifact fishing pole power instead of 50 ?
    its sooo boring ...
    No. This artifact has to last for the whole expansion, we are a a bit less than 2 months in it and you whine cause it is a grind. Suck it up and keep fishing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    its sooo boring ...
    It's meant to be a long grind. If that's not your thing, then the rod isn't for you.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. While I agree that the number of rare fish required is pretty mind boggling, that's fishing for you. It's never been for the impatient.

I dunno you can get all the gold traits and the singles on the way to them by 13 points in the fast pool fishing traits are just gravy really, seems like a reasonable use of time if you don't alt or just play for way too many hours a day.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

It's very true to the nature of fishing in the game. It's always been a slow repetitive grinding activity.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    I dunno you can get all the gold traits and the singles on the way to them by 13 points in the fast pool fishing traits are just gravy really, seems like a reasonable use of time if you don't alt or just play for way too many hours a day.
    The aggro reduction trait and the boot trait are both almost completely useless, so I'm not sure those are good goals to shoot for.

With 3/3 Black Barracuda you can easily get several thousand artifact power per hour since fishing up a school with a lure gives 2-4 rare fish on average. That's enough to get the blood of sargeras, water tension, transformation, and at least four of the school traits within a few hours of farming. After that it gets pretty ridiculous but since you have all the traits that you'd ever need besides maybe one school it isn't a big problem. And in 7.1 one blood equals ten fish, so you could just use the blood you fish up from other schools to buy fish for the trait you don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Yeah. While I agree that the number of rare fish required is pretty mind boggling, that's fishing for you. It's never been for the impatient.
    Ehh ~6k casts to be literally done with fishing in Legion is a lot better than the grind for any other expansion. You get all the good traits first and spend the rest of the expansion slowly getting the average ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

If you dont have the water walking trait yet, grab a water walking potion. Grab some arcane lures, go to Azsuna. Fish up a broach, the spawn points for the rare queenfish don't change. You can literally just keep fishing from one grabbing rare fish for as long as you want because youll 90% of the time get another broach before yours wears off. Once Go right for the gold traits, after that you're only missing a couple of the fish up a whole pool. Just make sure you pick the fish that compliment your stuff.

There is a pretty steep curve on AP, one talent takes 1200 AP and then the next is over 6k. But by then you should have all golds and most other talents.